Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KiT Beely

New to Dustloop! Hello everyone. BB CP charactor suggestions.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone here at Dustloop! And...

*I am sorry if this is the incorrect place to post this. Please remove/move if this is not the correct place.

Brief bio/about me-

Hey everyone, I'd like to introduce myself to everyone here. I know that some people here already know me, mainly from other FGs. But for the other larger percentage of people who dont know me- My name is Beely. I am a T.O. at KiT. I've been in the FCG since the late 90s. I have a passion for all things anime (manga/games/shows/cosplay) among other things. I causually play both GG and BB. But I would like to play at a higher level. So...

I have a few characters I am interested in picking up/continuing to play. I played Rachel/Hakumen/Tsubaki. I am also interested in Izayoi (No real experience with her). Who do you guys think is most viable? Why?

I depends on which characteristics you're looking for, for example, my favorites are really fast characters that aren't too hard to use (*hm* Valkenhay *hm*), so i use Yosuke in P4U and Terumi in BBCP.

For what I see you like zoning characters and footsies, am I right?

That's a really tough question to answer for me. I would say that I like a lot of different play styles. I will have a tendency to stick to certain ones each game. I would say that I do enjoy zoning charactors with a decent amount of execution. But sometimes I like the heavy hitters. I can give you a list of what charactors I like to play in other FGs just to give you an idea. Maybe this will help.

GG- Johnny (which I'm told isn't in xrd)

P4- Mitsuru

BB- Rachel, Hakumen, Tsubaki and I'm interested in Izayoi

SF4 series - Cammy, T.Hawk

Tekken- Lili, Leo

SC- Cervantes

Marvel - Task Master, She Hulk, Amaratsu, Wesker

My main question- is Izayoi a high level character (top 8)? what about my other choices?

I really like the the idea of Izayoi, she reminds me a little bit of Johnny actually. They have some similar moves as well as a "invest" mechanic. I also believe she has the capability to place high, but thats just me. I've been to a few recent Majors watched a lot of tournament footage and I haven't seen anyone play her. Does she fall short in the high end scene?

Those characters are kind of all over the place. :v Izayoi is pretty lame for the amount of effort required to play her. That's vanilla CP, though. Not sure about 1.1. She's not bad and you can make her work, but you gotta work real hard for those wins.

I'd say Rachel is the strongest when used to her full potential out of those characters, but pretty much killing someone in one combo as Haku is amazing.

Hey if you like Izayoi then play Izayoi. She's not (that) terrible of a character. To be honest you look like you would like Mu13 alot. Good range,damage,decent mixup.

Sashi-

Your right, the characters are all over the place. I've been playing FGs for a long time. So I've had some time to branch out and play a few different styles. But, I don’t necessarily want to be all over the place when I play competitively. And yes, I hope 1.1 will change things for a lot of people. *cough* kokonoe…(don't get me wrong, i'll still love her)

Tetora-

I messed around with vanilla Mu13 some, she is a pretty good character. I like her ability to keep people locked at a distance. How is her close range/footsies game in BBCP?

@KiT Beely: Izayoi is a contender for "Worst Character in the Game"™, which I don't agree with i might add, but she's considered bottom tier, so I wouldn't play her if you're looking for a high-tier character; only if you actually think she looks like fun to play. It's the same deal for Tsubaki. Izayoi could be considered stronger after the patch, but so far I don't think there's too much BBCP 1.1 footage of her yet. I agree with Sashi that Rachel is the strongest character out of those you're considering, but Haku-men is pretty strong too.

Also, the characters' names are "Mu-12" and "Nu-13". I don't know which character you all are referring to with "Mu-13". Mu-12 is Noel's super mode and Nu-13 is the Sword Summoner.

@Angel,  I myself was referring to Nu-13 the Sword Summoner.

Contender for “worst character in the game”?! That makes me want to play her even more lol. Tsubaki I messed around with her in practice mode and I can see her being in bottom tier. I originally played Rachel/Hakumen because they were good in vanilla. Good to see that they kept their edge.  

Seeing some more 1.1 in action would definitely help me decide.  I can keep messing with them until 1.1 hits. Thanks for the info Angel, I did not realize that my two newest characters were rock bottom lol.

@Angel,  I myself was referring to Nu-13 the Sword Summoner.

Contender for “worst character in the game”?! That makes me want to play her even more lol. Tsubaki I messed around with her in practice mode and I can see her being in bottom tier. I originally played Rachel/Hakumen because they were good in vanilla. Good to see that they kept their edge.  

Seeing some more 1.1 in action would definitely help me decide.  I can keep messing with them until 1.1 hits. Thanks for the info Angel, I did not realize that my two newest characters were rock bottom lol.

The same pain I lived when I started with Yosuke xD

My criteria for choosing a character is "character love" xD. I usually don't care about tier lists, unless it is quite noticeable. That said, in BBCP the tier lists are not critical. Amane isn't considered good, but you can see some Amane players making it far in tournaments. About Izayoi, her major problem is the way she plays: charging stars in one mode and use them in the other; since her normal mode is quite lacking and in Gain Art she can be a bit predictable (lol anti-air), but in good hands she is a serious threat. I've seen Izayoi's landing good damage, and she's pretty fun. For me, the worst character in the game is Bullet, and just for her awful mobility, because she can deal Hakumen damage very easy, lol. I would say, play whatever character you like the most. There aren't Hsien-Kos ( :gonk:) in this game.

Thanks for your input Ragarok,

I originally chose Rachel because she's so damn adorable which is also a reason why I bought the Limited edition of  CP. Gotta love that nendoroid. Not to mention I have a signed/hand drawn pic of Rachel on my stick from Toshimichi Mori himself =) I was fortunate enough to go to SCR this year lol.

Anyways, I was interested in Izayoi because she reminded me of Erza (Fairy Tail anyone?). I chose my characters originally on looks and then I go from there. I will mess around with her in practice mode and see where it takes me. I hope 1.1 gives her a boost.

Not to mention I have a signed/hand drawn pic of Rachel on my stick from Toshimichi Mori himself =) I was fortunate enough to go to SCR this year lol.

Damn, so much envy...  :v: .

The challenges give you a general grasp of her combos, from there you can make your own work on the lab. Try looking for some matches in her forum to get some ideas too. I don't use her to much, I only know her basic bnb and a basic corner combo that I made up in the lab one day. The most difficult parts of Izayoi for me are: first, charging stars (try learning her combos that charges 4 or more stocks), and second, confirm her hits into combos while in gain art.

You just gotta find your soul mate. When you see them you will know. That's how H̶a̶z̶a̶m̶a̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶e̶t̶ I chose Hazama. Follow your heart not a chart!

@Ragnarok, yes I agree that she has two phases to work through - build stars, than use them. I am currently working on the challanges as we speak. It does give me a better idea of how to use her.

@KrnlKrazy, I guess it hasn't "hit" me yet. I'll keep soul searching lol.

This game has enough characters with different styles that you will almost certainly like a few of them if you try all of them out.  So try them all and find the ones that you find really fun, and if you care about getting far in tournaments I would suggest picking one of the better ones out of that group (but it's not entirely necessary with enough effort).  Liking your character is more important than the character being good, because you're not likely to put a lot of training time into a character you don't like.  I would also strongly suggest picking up a secondary in case your choice of main gets Makoto'd in the future (I was lucky that Terumi feels very similar to Makoto and was easy to switch to and continue having fun, even if he's not the best character around he's still far better than Makoto). 

Izayoi was my first choice for a new character before I landed on Terumi, but I wouldn't recommend playing her unless you really love doing so (then by all means go ahead).  I'm in the camp that thinks she is the worst character in 1.0; she has to spend the first phase of the round being just terrible and even when she does build up her gain arte meter she's still not great.  However I have no idea where she'll end up in 1.1, her buffs sound significant so she could end up in a much better spot, so maybe she'll be worth playing after all.

@Avarice. Yes, I am very interested in her buffs for 1.1

As nice as they sound, I hope they translate out well in gameplay. Even with the update, It doesn't feel like she will improve much. I wish I had given her the option to start with a set amount of orbs at the begining of each round. Kind of like Johnny's coins in GG. I'm not asking for full orbs. How about half? lol. I know thats a lot to ask for.

They should honestly make her worse in normal mode but a loooot better in GA mode. It's like I work hella hard to get orbs just so I can be a shitty character.

They should honestly make her worse in normal mode but a loooot better in GA mode. It's like I work hella hard to get orbs just so I can be a shitty character.

I haven't played much at a competitive level. But her normal mode seems like its bad enough lol.