Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MastaToken

Persona 4 Arena PSN Tournament (April 13, 2014 @ 3PM EST)

You should know the drill by now but incase you don't:
2/3 Matches
2/3 Rounds
WF, LF, GF: 3/5 Matches
Mitsuru and Yukiko Stage only
Character Change allowed only on new sets or lose round

DO NOT ENTER IF:
- You live in another country that's not NA
- You generally have a terrible connection (preferably 2 bars and up, 1 bar depending on quality)

- If you aren't sure that you can enter

What I would need:
- Someone with a good connection to host the lobby for the duration of the tournament so lag can be reduced as much as possible
- 2 Commentators who are respectful to all competitors and has decent knowledge if how the game works
- 2 to 3 who can mod stream chat so bots, potential trolls can be taken care of and to prevent unnecessary arguments from erupting.

If interested, post your PSN tag and Time Zone. As always, it will be streamed at www.twitch.tv/token.

I want to address a few issues that has started to become an increasing issue that ends up stalling the tournament. From this tournament forward, I'm going to have to start enforcing rules and start DQ'ing people if they aren't followed.

Things that can get you DQ'd/banned:
- Consistantly entering tournaments and not actually participating with no attempt of letting me know via Twitter, PM, or Twitch PM.
- Dissappearing when turn arrives when pestering TO/Mods/commentators about when match is going to happen when told serveral times

- Don't be disrespectful by trolling other players or intentionally underperforming. This is up to the discretion of the TO/commentators and can result in disqualification or ban

- Playing a match off stream when instructed NOT to do so multiple times.

- Playing when knowing your connection is complete shit and make people put up with it anyways.
- Changing characters after winning previous match in same set

- Playing with stream on (which produces lag) and we have evidence that you are. What I mean by this is having the stream video playing while YOU'RE playing a match.

- Being a dipshit

I won't make the ban list public for obvious reasons but if you are banned, you'll be informed via PM. If any of these shoes fit your feet (I think that's how it goes), then you probably shouldn't enter as you'll be wasting both my time and yours.

I'm not trying to be a dick but I want these tournamnet to run as smoothly as possible and enforcing these rules will make that possible. Remember, this is a tournament that we're trying to run here (although it's netplay and anything could happen) and there are people who do put in time to practice for these. For things stated above along with a few other things to happen not only dapens the mood but has grown to a level that it's now unacceptable. I'm not saying that you shouldn't have fun when playing in these because you should have fun (if you're not, then I honestly don't know your intentions on playing) but you should be aware that there are people who DO take these events seriously. It's not fair to everyone if someone does something that holds up the tournament and at this point, as a TO, I shouldn't be allowing these types of things to happen anymore.

Once again, thanks for viewing and if you have any questions about said rules, you are welcomed to PM me here as I WON'T be answering any questions via public fourm. Also, if you feel that you've been treated unfairly by myself, mods, and or commentators, feel free to PM me as well stating specifically what happened and I'll pull chat record and investigate from there.

You guys keep knocking me down but for some reason I keep getting up. LETS DO THIS!

Bloo561

EST

i want to play but have no idea

WHITEDEATH_9999

Bo$ton

est

i have to check if im free thou. i also like that the time is 3 instead of 4 this time. i had to go eat in the middle of it last time

Signing up, go me.

If you end up in GFs again, you better win this time!

You guys keep knocking me down but for some reason I keep getting up. LETS DO THIS!

We still need to have that FT3/FT5. Want to do it later this week or next week?

Depends on how confident I feel on PS3 Pad (I'll let you know beforehand)

Psych-jC
Atlantic Canada
EST +1

We still need to have that FT3/FT5. Want to do it later this week or next week?

Im good to fight whenever just message me on psn when you have the time.

I'll try and win GF, as long as I don't get stuck with a 7-3 matchup (exaggerating yay)

Also, uh, since the previous thread was locked... what were the results and when can we expect the videos to be up? (Sorry, I know you're a busy guy Token.)

PSN: Raiko-Sama

Time Zone: GMT+1

I can redeem some of my stupid actions last time this way. I had changed my button set a few days before and with such nervousness I just started doing weird stuff... Like I jusr stood there just shooting Mabufudyne shards instead of doing a combo with it, lol. And heck I know combos. I had changed my DP, removed any shortcut it had. So at times I had trouble DP'ing and accidently just pressed a button, making for a counter. Or when I was trying to DP in the corner for awakening, but instead just did a reversed j.D. I experimented with the button layout and found a decent spot for OMC while still having the rest the same. So I should be fine this time, and hopefully be less nervous.

Aaaaanywho, enough excuses. I am really looking forward to this tournament too, I hope it will be a blast, though things will go a bit better than last time. Things seemed a bit unorganized. And my DC'ing when hosting didn't help either.

I am not looking forward to fighting Mikhail, though. Just kidding... Maybe... Yukiko 2A scares me.

PSN: Raiko-Sama

Time Zone: GMT+1

I can redeem some of my stupid actions last time this way. I had changed my button set a few days before and with such nervousness I just started doing weird stuff... Like I jusr stood there just shooting Mabufudyne shards instead of doing a combo with it, lol. And heck I know combos. I had changed my DP, removed any shortcut it had. So at times I had trouble DP'ing and accidently just pressed a button, making for a counter. Or when I was trying to DP in the corner for awakening, but instead just did a reversed j.D. I experimented with the button layout and found a decent spot for OMC while still having the rest the same. So I should be fine this time, and hopefully be less nervous.

Aaaaanywho, enough excuses. I am really looking forward to this tournament too, I hope it will be a blast, though things will go a bit better than last time. Things seemed a bit unorganized. And my DC'ing when hosting didn't help either.

I am not looking forward to fighting Mikhail, though. Just kidding... Maybe... Yukiko 2A scares me.

Wrong thread lol.

Well, I'll try for this since I can't make it to Civil War. I'm on call for work the whole weekend though, so I may have to bow out if necessary.

ciddypooky

Virginia

Yukiko

etc

Considering I did pretty good last week, at least by my own, personal standards, I'll give this another shot, since I still need to keep the muscle memory up for Ultimax.  PSN: RWAAnnouncer.  Location; Jonesboro, Arkansas.  Time Zone: CST.

dang only 10 people so far

Really? did u check all of the other threads?

hey token. when are u going to upload any of the videos (i know ur busy just wondering). 

I

Well, I'll try for this since I can't make it to Civil War. I'm on call for work the whole weekend though, so I may have to bow out if necessary.

ciddypooky

Virginia

Yukiko

etc

I...literally forgot that was a thing (might be why entrants are low). I might have to push back anyways due to work issues.

I

I...literally forgot that was a thing (might be why entrants are low). I might have to push back anyways due to work issues.

Also BADC and TSB(it's Alan's birthday so yeah) are happening this weekend.

As always, I'm up for whenever you decide to run this.  PSN: RWAAnnouncer, Location; Jonesboro, Arkansas, Time Zone; Central Standard Time.  Characters; Elizabeth, Naoto, and Yu.

Welp, I'll get in.

Montreal, Est

Is it possible to know before tomorrow if the tourney is delayed? I do need to plan around my connection.