Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fishnet

Aksys displaying Favortism toward certain characters?

I remember that silversnake you told me that when I was talking about balance lol. Dont remember which post though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Did we not already establish that they just throw darts to decide on changes? Top tiers in ArcSys games are always hella strong. That's just how they make games. Convince them to get French Bread to do the balancing or something.

Being part of the camp of players who believes balance is overrated, I personally really like the way ASW has designed most of their games. Regardless of tier discrepancies, you generally have a nice variety of playstyles available and most of the characters are viable. You're never going to get perfect balance and frankly, making balance a high priority in game design doesn't usually turn out well.

Mad late, I know, but there are some things I wanna say to this.

It's not just Team BB, ArcSys in general just isn't good at balance. You mention +R, but that game has Zappa and Faust being way too good, while I've consistently seen complaints about other characters getting arbitrary nerfs. As glad as I am that my own character got practically nothing but buffs, there seem to have been as many nonsensical changes as there were smart ones. And now that Xrd's developed some, you can see this is still the case with characters like Zato, who are very difficult for certain characters to fight.

I haven't seen Zappa in any Mikado tournament recently and even when i was in Japan i only saw one Zappa player and the rest are the entire cast - Eddie.

Regarding Zato in Xrd it's like make him strong or nobody will play him.

Eddie was ok in +R and we just saw him a little bit when the game was released then he simply disappeared. no single Eddie in the recent GG tournaments and in the whole 3 months i spent in Tokyo i never seen an Eddie in any arcade.

people will just drop him and move to easier and  more rewarding characters because playing Eddie would be a pain in the ass.

As long as every character can win or compete well, I'm okay with it. Hell a platinum made it to grandfinals too (would have won too if those two brothers didn't collude at frosty faustings, doesn't take anything away from their ability or the character's tools)

I'm not sure how to respond to this on the one hand I agree that when it comes down to it ASW can't balance but at the same time I feel that we as players are looking for something we can't achieve which is that total balance for every character. Personally I haven't played a single FG where there was total balance. Is it wrong to be complacent about a game having characters that out of the box are stronger than others? The way it sounds so far here if a character is strong it's broken.

I didnt play it but wasn't it really boring?

Holy fuck and people are complaining about dmg? Imo if your not playing platinum you can't say there's too much dmg being done because that poor girls got all the situational dmg along with tsubaki. After seeing other games and their avg. Damage outputs I kinda like were damage is. Hazama Is dumb but that's an account about a stupidly strong character. Koko Is koko so ill leave that there

Then again all of extends damage was corner based so idk

Did you guys even play Extend? You should know what happens when an ArcSys game actually gets balanced. 

>Extend

>Balanced

wut?

Extend had more of the slapped together feel than CS2 did, and as such isn't exactly a good example at all of "when an ArcSys game actually gets balanced."

As long as every character can win or compete well, I'm okay with it. Hell a platinum made it to grandfinals too (would have won too if those two brothers didn't collude at frosty faustings, doesn't take anything away from their ability or the character's tools)

You forget that that was an American tournament where most players were intermediate or lower in terms of skill. Not a good example of character balance in the game.

Well we don't play japanese players all the time so does it matter? Hell if japanese players can make a character super duper top tier but no else can does it make it a real problem? Because thats what goro does with makoto and ARCSYS nerfed her in 1.1

i think arcsys needs to buff tao. she's only #8 on the eventhubs tier list

Hakumen's only #9 and he's getting NERFED. Arc obviously doesn't know what they're doing at all. Hire Eventhubs to make BBCP1.2

>Extend

>Balanced

wut?

Extend had more of the slapped together feel than CS2 did, and as such isn't exactly a good example at all of "when an ArcSys game actually gets balanced."

My anecdotal feelings on the game matter more than what it actually is.

Personally I'm glad Hazama is good. More fun for me and more casuals complaining. Heh, please, continue.

Well we don't play japanese players all the time so does it matter? Hell if japanese players can make a character super duper top tier but no else can does it make it a real problem? Because thats what goro does with makoto and ARCSYS nerfed her in 1.1

You must have missed the part where I wrote "intermediate or lower in terms of skill." 

My anecdotal feelings on the game matter more than what it actually is.

I don't have an actual rebuttal, so I'll just use what I mistake for wit.

You mean like most of the people we don't see in grand finals? Aren't most of us here intermediate to lower in terms of skill so why should we have a opinion? That's what I'm getting from your response

Well... I'm shocked I expected an arguement:D lol but yea I understand what you saying, since its not a major and all. Idk I still believe its worth some merit

If I was a game designer for some competitive game, I wouldn't base my balance decisions on literally a single player. But that's just me. 

If I was a game designer for some competitive game, I wouldn't base my balance decisions on literally a single player. But that's just me.

Imo they shouldn't. But idk why they left makoto alone so your guess is as good as mine

... and I still don't have a damn clue why