Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carthage

BBCP - Dashing mid combo never works for me

So many combos require little dashes here and there to reach a certain range, but the timing on them all seems crazy strict.

Is there a trick I am missing to do them more easily? It feels like I only have a couple frames to input a dash sometimes.

Can you give an example of a combo you're having trouble with? If it's a dash cancel thing, most of the time it's 'cause the dash cancel was too late.

Can you give an example of a combo you're having trouble with? If it's a dash cancel thing, most of the time it's 'cause the dash cancel was too late.

^ I agree with that too. Here is a little tip for execution from the wiki, 

When you hold down an attack button in BBCP, the game repeats the button input every frame for as long as the button is held down for up to 3 frames (speculated). This means that difficult links are easier to do by holding the button a little earlier than usual.

Example:

The technique is useful for punishing opponent's blocked attacks as quickly as possible.

Similarly, the same principle can be applied to runs/backsteps/airdashes!

If you input a run within 3F (speculated) of the end of an attack's recovery, then regardless of the stick's direction after that, you will dash as soon as recovery ends. This technique is useful for linking together combos and counter attacks because it gives your attacks more range for free. In fact, some combos rely on this property to link a running 5A/B/C/D or else the combo wouldn't work.

I suggest that you read over the wiki, there are a lot of helpful information that you might not known of.

Just do the dash when her sword return to her back. The recovery on 63214C is kinda silly long, so make sure you don't do a dash too early. Maybe do a 66[4] type motion to make sure you don't do 66 6C by accident.