Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AyaImmortal

[#R] GGXX#R: Known Online gameplay Issues

As we already know, Guilty gear reload has been added to the roster of online fighters available. This thread is made in order to give people an idea of someof the major issues concerning online

Problem No.1: Desync:

This is a VERY Commonly known problem and is probably one of the most frequent ones to occur. Right now, there is no real answer for fixing this issue. I personally have noticed that when i use a private server, I dont have too many online issues at all. When i use the public server, It becomes a bit of an issue. This is just from personal experience however. It could vary from person to person.

Somewhat of a solution:

Well, as I already said before, using a private server could always help your chances of reduced desyncs. It has worked on many occasions with players in our IRC chat room.

Other than this, we have not come to an idea of what to do.

Problem No.2: Black screen of death

This tends to happen quite a bit also. Your character will make it to the vs screen and then after that it will freeze and go back to the lobby where all the matches are made. VERY annoying because you think you will be able to play with people and you dont =(

Solution:

Well private servers cannot fix this issue. Making sure that you have all of your ports forwarded correctly and making sure that you have the correct ports entered in your config file can help. They dont fix the problem, But they can help limit it sometimes.

Problem No.3: Dropping

This is not a built in online gameplay issue. This is entirely up to both users. The majority of the time people drop online is to keep their win records really high and they want to keep it. Silly, stupid, inconsiderate? Very much so. But you will run into alot of this online.

Solution:

Well, You cannot stop dropping. HOWEVER, You can reduce the drop counts by not playing the people of which you know will drop. Playing against people that you know, Also will limit this as well. Playing against those who drop really takes the fun out of the game =(.

More coming soon.

Another issue is when people go to the character select screen,choose their characters and when it loads up the match there is just a black screen for 10 seconds then it goes back to the lobby.

Problem No.3: Dropping

This is not a built in online gameplay issue. This is entirely up to both users. The majority of the time people drop online is to keep their win records really high and they want to keep it. Silly, stupid, inconsiderate? Very much so. But you will run into alot of this online.

I think a better solution for dropping should be either considered as a loss, losing streak/rank when needed, either as a half-loss, where you would lose just half or some other number of whatever you would lose to compensate for the fact that some people dorp beacause of lag issues, or make a seperate "drop" listing that would list the number of drops and lose the streak.

Is there at least a way for the person that created the patches to be contacted?

I'm sure they're already considering that as an option for a further patch. Because thats the first thing you learn in making online games work.

Question, if you open up a port, then use the portchecker from the main thread and check when GGXX#Reload is open, and it still says the port is closed... what can you do? Also, I've been having the black screen of death problem quite often, and been getting severe lag during the few games that work for me. I once directly connected to my modem, and only managed to run 1 game out of 3, despite this fact. I just gave up after that. If anyone has any tips on fixing these problems, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the lag tip, but after setting up ports for other games, etc. I usually have the habit of cutting any DLs and unnecessary progs running when I'm playing a game online- Any help?? Or is my comp just garbage? :( The port situation is what's puzzling me most, especially after I open the ports on my router, and the port checker still says they're closed when I have GGXX#Reload running-

Black screen of Death...I hate it, that's all that ever happens. I bet as soon as I get over this I'll have a severe lag problem, maybe I should invest in a faster cable connection speed.

For some reason, the new patch is causing my matches to desync within the first 5 seconds in the battles. I tried playing with my fire wall, ip address, and ports, but this yielded no results. any takes?

Ok I've been having this problem for some time now, and the guys at SRK have been unable to help me. Patches after 1.06 just refuse to work for me. If I'm using 1.07 or above, when I try to join a game, it immediately gives me the black screen and kicks me back to the lobby. Thing is, I still hear the music of the select screen. If someone tries to join me, we can select characters just fine, but I get the black screen when the match is about to begin (however, you can still hear the music of the battle itself). I do not use firewalls, routers or anything like that. And the major thing to note is that, it works FINE before 1.07, so what could the problem possibly be? This is very frustrating for me, because before this problem I would play a good 5+ hours a day, and now I can only get about an hour a week if i happen to convince someone to play me on 1.06. Can't improve in this game like this...

Ok I've been having this problem for some time now, and the guys at SRK have been unable to help me.

Patches after 1.06 just refuse to work for me. If I'm using 1.07 or above, when I try to join a game, it immediately gives me the black screen and kicks me back to the lobby. Thing is, I still hear the music of the select screen. If someone tries to join me, we can select characters just fine, but I get the black screen when the match is about to begin (however, you can still hear the music of the battle itself). I do not use firewalls, routers or anything like that. And the major thing to note is that, it works FINE before 1.07, so what could the problem possibly be? This is very frustrating for me, because before this problem I would play a good 5+ hours a day, and now I can only get about an hour a week if i happen to convince someone to play me on 1.06. Can't improve in this game like this...

OK two things, I dontknow how to solve your problem but things I have noticed, try having the person join you or joining them twice. This hepls one guy I play where the first time we join is always a kick but the next time always works. Mybe uninstalling the program and staring fresh may work since 1.09 is supposed to be like 1.06.? just go on MIRC and try joining someone or having them join you a coupoe times and see if it works

Second is check andy BS security thing syou might have on your comp to "Allow this program"

And when it says "cant find DLL" for the guy a couple post up/ Just ctrl alt delete and close a preexisting running ggxx.

I forrwarded the port but it still says timeout and wont work D:. Why does this happen? am i not forrwording propely? if that is a possiblility how do you forrword properly on a linkys router? I'm getting very frustrated :sweatdrop: .

OK two things, I dontknow how to solve your problem but things I have noticed, try having the person join you or joining them twice. This hepls one guy I play where the first time we join is always a kick but the next time always works.

I've tried joining hundreds of times with this patch...

Mybe uninstalling the program and staring fresh may work since 1.09 is supposed to be like 1.06.? just go on MIRC and try joining someone or having them join you a coupoe times and see if it works

I tried uninstalling before, didn't work.

Second is check andy BS security thing syou might have on your comp to "Allow this program"

Well it wouldn't make sense that this wouldn't stop 1.06 and before from working...in any case I had already disabled windows firewall and anything else.

I've had similar problems with the terrible black screen of death. I believe the problem is within the ports. Are you using the default 10000 port? Go to your windows firewall and click on 'add ports' under the exception tab. Put 10000 in the port text box and in the name. After that, click 'ok' and check the box next to the '10000'. This makes it so that there won't be any inteference in data flow for that specific port. Just be sure to uncheck it after you finish playing guilty gear. Otherwise, anyone could hack into your comp if they use that port.

I've had similar problems with the terrible black screen of death. I believe the problem is within the ports.

Are you using the default 10000 port? Go to your windows firewall and click on 'add ports' under the exception tab. Put 10000 in the port text box and in the name.

After that, click 'ok' and check the box next to the '10000'. This makes it so that there won't be any inteference in data flow for that specific port. Just be sure to uncheck it after you finish playing guilty gear. Otherwise, anyone could hack into your comp if they use that port.

But as I said, all patches before 1.07 work fine. And no, no one is going to hack me, I've been using no firewalls with all ports forwarded for years now...

This problem is way too frustrating, I can't understand the cause of it...it seems I will have to somehow find out the programming changes between 1.07 and 1.06 (the implementation details that do not really get released) in order to figure out my problem.

I forrwarded the port but it still says timeout and wont work D:. Why does this happen? am i not forrwording propely? if that is a possiblility how do you forrword properly on a linkys router? I'm getting very frustrated :sweatdrop: .

ok maybe this was too vague of a question....lets try again.

When i go to forrword the port i choose port range 10000 to 10000 and what do i put for IP to tell it to apply this to my computer. AFAIK my comp does not have a static IP soooo.....

ok maybe this was too vague of a question....lets try again.

When i go to forrword the port i choose port range 10000 to 10000 and what do i put for IP to tell it to apply this to my computer. AFAIK my comp does not have a static IP soooo.....

I believe you put your computers IP Address ^^.

Hit start, run, cmd, then a dos window will open up, type in IPCONFIG, and it will show you what your IP Address is, then use that address in where it says you are supposed to put for you IP.

I think that is what you are supposed to do, its what I did.

Synch Error: I notice that when I am using my gamepad (PS2 Controller) sometimes when I use the analog sticks it gives me a Synch Error, actually pretty much if I move the analog stick I get a synch error.

I believe you put your computers IP Address ^^.

Hit start, run, cmd, then a dos window will open up, type in IPCONFIG, and it will show you what your IP Address is, then use that address in where it says you are supposed to put for you IP.

I think that is what you are supposed to do, its what I did.

Synch Error: I notice that when I am using my gamepad (PS2 Controller) sometimes when I use the analog sticks it gives me a Synch Error, actually pretty much if I move the analog stick I get a synch error.

Praise the lord i got an answer. thnx il try this.

This online thing works pretty good xcept for a few things.... . ONe friend I helped him set up the game on his computer and when he was online he could play other ppl but i appeared as "No response". Another friends just moved to NJ so I thought this could be a way we could still play GG but after he got his computer set up he could see and play other ppl but we both say each other as no response. Any ideas? I remember when i tried to play someone we had that problem and we patched our games with 109.3 instead of 109.4 and it worked. mind u i tried that but no luck. Thanks in advance

YES I CAN PLAY NOW.

This online thing works pretty good xcept for a few things....

ONe friend I helped him set up the game on his computer and when he was online he could play other ppl but i appeared as "No response".

Another friends just moved to NJ so I thought this could be a way we could still play GG but after he got his computer set up he could see and play other ppl but we both say each other as no response.

Any ideas? I remember when i tried to play someone we had that problem and we patched our games with 109.3 instead of 109.4 and it worked. mind u i tried that but no luck.

Thanks in advance

try setting up a DMZ for his computer if your using a router.