Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AyaImmortal

[#R] GGXX#R: Known Online gameplay Issues

This online thing works pretty good xcept for a few things....

ONe friend I helped him set up the game on his computer and when he was online he could play other ppl but i appeared as "No response".

ive been having the same problem, plus i can never connect to anyone by my own will or i get the black screen, it either autoconnects me or the other person connects to me, how do i solve this problem?

hmm thats wierd, i didnt get to change my router settings. What i did find out is when i connected directly to the cable instead of the router i could see a friend that was no response. Only thing was it would let us pick our character then go back to the lobby. You guys think i should go back to 109.3 or something?

A DMZ is a demiliterized zone and it is a router setting that telles the router to let the computer do basically whatever it wants on the internet. to set it up go to DMZ in yur router settings

hey guys i found my problem its with my ports every port says its closed so i cant connect with people they can only connect with my im on NTL the uk company and heard some1 else had this trouble too was wondering if anyone knew the solution

Well, I'm out of ideas on this I have frequent disconnects before play starts when people challenge me When I challenge them the character select music begins and then it cuts back to the lobby every time So far I have forwarded port 10000 to myself for all protocalls, manualy unblocked them from my own firewall, and I've tried having my computer in the DMZ with both of the above active with no luck Just now I tried connecting my comp directly to the internet with no router in the way, but it doesnt seem to want to connect like that at all While I can receive challenges, I'd really like to be able to play my friend who has the same problem The following information may also be relevant to helping fix this problem which I gather a good few people are having: My ISP is NTL(Now Virgin), my friends is Tiscali My router is a D-Link which I am connected wirelessly to I am on Windows XP SP2 (No Vista) I have GGXX#R installed to my D Drive If those having the same problem could post up similar info, then maybe we can find some link

After you connect your computer directly to the cable/dsl modem, you have to turn off the modem, wait a few seconds, and turn it back on. Otherwise it won't re-read the MAC address on your network card.

After you connect your computer directly to the cable/dsl modem, you have to turn off the modem, wait a few seconds, and turn it back on. Otherwise it won't re-read the MAC address on your network card.

wtf are u talkin about that will only reset his connection

Mordax im having the same problem and im on ntl 2 if you look in you debug.txt file in your ggxx install you should see something like this

disconnect (tcpsend palette)

disconnect (tcprecv palette)

disconnect (tcpsend randomtable)

disconnect (tcprecv randomtable)

i have no idea what these errors are but im guesssing its to do with ports coz everything else connects ok and with no problem but these 2 sends and recives seems no one even knows what there talking about on half the stuff on this game so dont take notice of what half the poeple say is all i can say

Does anyone else have this problem or is it me, but players with low pings seem to have major lag, 70=90 area, when players with 100=120 ping seem to be better for me, anyone else have this problem?

I wouldn't say this a gameplay issue but whatever. 3 days ago i was able to connect to the servers and play people just fine. Now It shows that I connect to the servers but it shows no one on any of them at all. I know that can't be right. Anyone run into something like this?

i still have not been able to play #r online ever since v1.08 my ports are forwarded and everything however, this is what boggles me the most. i run ggxx#r then i test my port using the custom port test found at whatismyip.org found here ttp://whatsmyip.org/ports/ it would always say timeout. so i close down ggxx#r, open up a different application that uses the same port, i retest the port and it says it's open. anyone have any idea what's going on here? EDIT: Using Windows Vista Business, I was able to play just fine before. I can still see people in the servers and get as far as the character select screen if they connect to me.

Magneto: Most cable modems will not assign a different device an IP address without first turning it off, and then turning it back on. Thats wtf I'm talking about.

when i upgrade ggxxnet to 1.11 i get an error saying "failed to initialize network." any ideas on how to fix this?

Psylocke here, I don't know what happened, but I can't play anyone anymore. The matches always desync within the first 5 seconds of the beginning. Anyone know what the problem is? EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out

I wouldn't say this a gameplay issue but whatever.

3 days ago i was able to connect to the servers and play people just fine. Now It shows that I connect to the servers but it shows no one on any of them at all. I know that can't be right. Anyone run into something like this?

Do you mean a textless lobby? If that's the case I have a whole thread on it...

Without much progress...

Edit: BTW I'm a friend of Stafos as well.

new problem again. after i finish a match, ggxx.exe crashes and close down but my win is regestered any know any solutions? im on 1.10-2

similar to the above post, GGXX.exe crashes but the win/loss is not registered, however, it is registered for the opponent.

can't connect to players T_T....its about to load ...character screen...after 1 frame...it is dropping...why? i thought its already been fixed long time ago...i off all my antiviruses and firewalls...it won't help T_T...what should i do?

Anyone know why i can't set up the character edit mode in the ggxxnet_config.exe and change the lobby? Every time I click on okay, it goes back to the original settings.

goddamit ...now its always disconnect in a middle of game and lagging badly...something like half game are good...and half lagging like matrix...why?

Mayftw : Try to configure this .exe to lauch it as if you're in Windows 95. ( In the proprieties )

Do same for the patcher.

If you are on Vista, add the admin rights for the .exe. The application creates a folder where it places news colors panel of the characters.

Nuts : I don't know why you have got this problem ?_? Maybe some guys download when they play.

Mayftw : Try to configure this .exe to lauch it as if you're in Windows 95. ( In the proprieties )

Do same for the patcher.

If you are on Vista, add the admin rights for the .exe. The application creates a folder where it places news colors panel of the characters.

Nuts : I don't know why you have got this problem ?_? Maybe some guys download when they play.

thanks, works like a charm now. 8D