Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AyaImmortal

[#R] GGXX#R: Known Online gameplay Issues

argh....how can you play like this...its so damn laggy T_T press the button ...sometimes he do the move after 1 second...or he do nothing T_T...fcuk that ...

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it in the thread but if you want to change the font and size go into your ggxxnet and open it with notepad

Mine looks like this

FontName=Impact

FontSize=14

Antialias=1

[Network]

ReceiveThreadPriority=0

ReceiveThreadInterval=3

ReceiveThreadMethod=0

And this is how much better it looks.

Posted Image

I changed the size to 14 since it looks better, anyhow I hope that helps.

(Propper credit goes to KayinN who showed us on irc lawl.)

Not sure if anyone has mentioned it in the thread but if you want to change the font and size go into your ggxxnet and open it with notepad

You the man!

Don't let anyone tell you different!

Edit

Yup it worked...now I can finally know who Im fighting

Ahhh it work ^^ ( I hadn't this file ^^# ) Hum for those, it doesn't work, check if the .exe is lauched like a Win95 application. :)

Issue of stupidness: It says "Idle" next to a player with the ping of 400, meanwhile almost all players with ping <100 have "ping over" on the status column (Except for the players from my own country) What's the solution plz?

Yes if you don't want that they start a party against you. Because if you see them "idle", they must see you "idle" too.

And some players, who don't know what a ping is, start a party against every players. ( good ping or not )

I don't deny : I just restart ( Start+Select+L1+L2+R1+R2 as on PSX ) when I see that the party'll should lag.

Yes, but I see some players "idle" with a hight ping too and them too because I already saw this players denied me. See "idle" a player who have an hight ping is just a bug.

Oh, you're talking about the ping over nonsense. I don't think there is a fix for that. All I can say is try to connect to them as soon as their status goes back to Idle. If that doesn't work, then I guess it's just one of those things... but it should only be saying "ping over" with players with high ping.

Technically they're not servers. Once a match begins, no data goes to them. They're just little scripts that tell #R.Net whos on and what their IP/Ports are along with all the other little stats. If it was a server, lag would be totallty unbearable ALL the time. That said, yes, they're in Japan.

Ho hum. Way back at V9 something, mines actually worked; getting online that is. But I was quite busy back then so I didn't have much chance to play online. Now I have the time to but when I go to NetPlay, I don't see anyone, it's totally blank. And I'm sure port 10000 is forwarded. Ah hell. Life sucks. EDIT: Nvm it's working now, lol. I don't know, I patched it back to 1.09-3 where I know it worked on, tested it, saw people, then patched it up again to 1.112-3 and still saw people. Yay, I guess.

i have found that if i turned off the "wait for vertical sync" option on my ATI card it got rid of nearly all time outs at the loading screen.

Okay, now I'm having trouble connecting. I'm currently using wireless. If someone challenges me, I can get no further than the black screen after character selection, and if I challenge someone, I can't even pass the black screen before the character selection screen. Anyone know what the problem is? PS: I know very little about computers

Alright, I had 3 wins yesterday, yet it only showed up as 2. Then today it was 0! I worked hard for those wins, and it looks real bad when you have 0 games and a 90 game count! What happened!?

Sorry for the stupid question, but I have ver 1.15 and I dont know how to deny to players that have already connected to me. Also seems I cannot soft reset to the title screen anymore. Is it because of the ver.? I can only deny to players with high ping beforhand in the lobby, but once they connect to me I cannot do anything but to restart the hole game. Any ideas?

What is the difference between fowarding a port and opening a port? I've seen many people using the two terms interchangeably, as if they are one in the same. If they aren't the same, then how do I open a port?