Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WindmanV3

MS-14A-Gelgoog (Gato) "SIEG ZEON!"

"The probably long-awaited arrival of the Red Co-.... Wait, it's not red? It's blue!?"

gelgoog_banner_3.jpg

This thread will cover the in and outs of Anavel Gato's BLUE Gelgoog.

And as always, this is not a thread or a guide, it's an introduction to what you can expect from the suit..Mixed with some personal thoughts, of course. 

As soon as the JP Wiki has the info, I'll link it here.

http://www4.atwiki.jp/arcgundamexvsfuvo/pages/359.html

Suit specifics:

Cost: 2000

Armor: 600

Anavel Gato Goog does not have any sort of MA mode or weapon change of any kind. Also, unlike normal Gelgoog, he doesn't seem to have a special melee either.

I just tried him for a bit in training. He seems straightforward, but with really good melee as well, from first look. 

Move List

[A] Beam Rifle

Ammo: 5

Damage: 65  

Reload: 3 seconds for 1 ammo

- Simple beam rifle. Kind of like Elle's Mk-II. It does a bit less damage but it's got a wider hitbox.

[CSa] Burst Shot

Charge time: 3 seconds
Damage: 100

- Pretty fast charge, decent damage.

* This move can be used for a Second Impact, but I have not been able to find a way to make this move connect after AB or AC. If I am missing something, please let me know.

[AB] Boomerang 

Ammo: 1
Damage: 108

Reload: Reloads immediately upon return

- Stuns on contact, and it's most likely the ONE tool that's going to make this suit amazing. You can either throw it really close by holding 2 while pressing AB, normal distance by leaving the stick neutral, far by holding 2. 

This move has a few more additional properties. I'll cover those later.

[AC] Stun Javelin 

Ammo: 1

Damage: 110

Reload: 5

- A pretty thin stun javelin that does exactly what the name suggests. It stuns. Looks pretty bad to throw it out by itself. It's range is pretty good-ish(??) I've been able to toss this move at the VERY END of red lock range, and it still hit.

[bC] Dom Assist

Ammo: 2

Damage: 114

Reload: ~14 seconds

- A Dom comes out and fires a bazooka with a pretty decent explosion range, which sends the opponent flying. It also comes out kinda fast. But like his AC, this seems pretty bad to toss out by itself. 

[ABC] For the Glory of Zeon!!

Assault: 294
Blast: 259

- Gato will strike the opponent, then slash them up, which is then followed up by two shots ending into a sword slash which sends the opponent down. 

Boomerang properties

I should probably cover this in a bit more detail. It's got a few interesting aspects to it.

Throw distances:

5AB - Normal distance

2AB - Close distance

8AB - Far distance

Obstacles:
This move can NOT go through anything that resembles a slope, nor can it pass through buildings. It just keeps spinning in it's place, and will disappear after a while. This takes  2 seconds.

*I have not yet tested if this move can hit opponents while it's stuck in a building/slope. 

Boost dashing:

A hard one to explain. I honestly don't know how the game is programmed to treat this moves' properties while boost-dashing during it's active frames....

Long story short: Funny things may happen.

Melee moves

[5B] Simple slash

[4/6B] IIRC, this is Char Gelgoogs' BC melee. One 6B is a full three slash, which will send the opponent flying at the end

[2B] Simple upward slash

[8B] A shield charge. This move can also block BR's for you, though it seems regular melee will just pass right through. Also, be wary when using this, as it's not FULLY safe from BR's. You gotta time it right.

*I have found out this move can also block Turn A's Spiked Ball. Thought that was pretty cool.

Cancel Routes, combo's, other stuff

Cancel Routes:

A > AB

A > AC

Combo's:

~ WIP ~

Other stuff:

~ WIP ~

Gato's 6B is the same as Char's. Char had a melee counter for his BC.

The boomerang's control, reloading on AC, and CSa (though I was hoping the charge time would be a little shorter) seem to make this a stable alternative to Chargoog. Will definitely be trying them side-by-side online to see how it performs.

Some variation of a Gelgoog comes out and fires a grenade

Err, Doms aren't variants of Gelgoogs, and it's firing a bazooka.

Figured my lack of knowledge on Gundam was gonna bite me in the tail.

I'l lfix it, don't get your tighty whities in a bunch.

The only affect boost dashing should have on ab is that if you come into contact with it, you'll "catch" it and the reload will start. There's no catch animation. You just see the boomerang disappear as you fly into it.