Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brett_

UBW BBCP Online 2on2 Team Tourney #10 [May 18th @ 5PM PST]

If you want to drop out you can remove your team on the challonge page

There are currently 37 teams registered, tying with the previous record of 74 entrants for the online tournament we had in November, so thanks everyone for participating!

Might as well blow it up even more - though at this point I probably should have done pools lol. Also this means our large team tournament afterwards is probably going to be a 25on25 or something crazy lol.

A few notes: The original OP and challonge stated a 2/3 format, but that doesn't actually mean anything in a 2on2. We'll be using the Waseda format, which is standard for 2on2 tourneys:

If each team has a player A and a player B, the protocol is A vs A, B vs B. If either team wins both their matches, it is their win. If the score is tied 1-1, The winning players from both matches plays each other. The winner of that wins.

In each actual 1on1 set, it is ONE GAME of 2/3 rounds only.

AKA, the maximum amount of games played is 3. This format is quite fast, so for players who are new to participating in this kind of format, please remember that it isn't a standard 2/3. Make sure every round counts!

In practice, though A vs A and B vs B can be played simultaneously, usually teams will send one player first while the teammates spectate, then rotate. If you would like to play each set simultaneously, you're more than free to, provided your opponents agree to it. You can carry this out without having to communicate with me directly. In terms of determining who goes "first" and "second", most of the time in actual tournaments, teams just send up whoever. If you actually care about the order, due to matchups or the possibility of being 'counter-picked' etc, you may request a blind pick. This means that before your match begins, you and your opponents will choose a preset order without seeing the other's. To do this, you must request this in chat and ask a moderator to help mediate this, by PM'ing them your blind pick order via twitch DM. Alternatively, if your match is being played on stream, you can ask me to mediate your blind pick instead. 

Tentatively, we will have Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals be a 2/3 of this process, with standard Bracket Reset ruleset in place for GF. 

If you don't understand this format, feel free to ask questions here. I will also be reviewing the rules before-hand along with all the other standard explanations, but it's best to understand this format well beforehand - things will generally go much more smoothly if people don't get confused about whether the set is over or not or who's turn it is. 

Since we have a lot of people this time around, it's even more vital that people are on time, so please be aware that we will be enforcing DQs after 10 minutes, including if only one team member is present. So make sure your partners are also on the same page as you!

Thanks again for participating!

I messed up and only put myself on the bracket but Kubel is on the team as well.  In case it seems weird im the only one and Kubel is playing too.

Thanks to everyone who participated! I'll probably continue posting information for my upcoming tournaments since it seems like many people find it useful for finding out about them.

Results from yesterday - bracket details @ http://ubw.challonge.com/bbcp_0518

1. R.I.P. 1.0 (Jona/Pain) 

2. WhensMahvel (Nemesis-Type/Somescrubwhodied)

3. The Fuck is a Team? (floatwater/Peorth_Rose)

4. The power of lag (Jees144/ExmAceOfHearts12)
5. GIGA NAIL BREAKERS
5. The ZONG_one Experience featuring some scrub (ZONG_one/StayFree)
7. Masked Heroes
7. N7LaishymelonsJP
9. Team Imperialistic
9.Team This Nerf Wont Stop Us! (xKintoki-Douji/Tetora_Desu)
9. Not A Random Obliske (Light_Obliske) (NotARandomNail)
9. Trick or Treat (Dooby/Kyubeyii)
13. ubwHella(Nirage22/SailorHellz89)
13. Super Snake Bros
13. Noel The Bloodedge(ChronoVex/Demonwindbomb)
13. Sad Panda
17. Terumi A$$PU$$Y (Abelcru/Zerashi)
17. DTMI | Loud Bitches (OmgItzMendoza/xLittleLucifer)
17. Driving My Valkswagen Faster Than Noel's Running Speed
17. SOOPER SNAEK KAEK (( Sooper_citrus / Freestriden(Kaemontp) )
17. Shitty Vampire (SonderVv/Venussail91)
17. Scarlet Bitches (LukeYuri/Rikiia)
17. No Mashing PLZ (ZxWakaxZ /Zero_WarCry)
17. DP ALL THE THINGS
25. #FuckLich
25. My Little RagnaHades Can't be This Hungry
25. Team Make it Past the First Round (Tougou/Prototype909)
25. No Bad Touch (Liaku/END)
25. FLUFFwee ( ・ v ・ ) [paca/maca]
25. The Imperator's Underboob (Dark_RangerEX/xAzureFlameGod)
25. Nu Kids on the Block (ArtemisAbend/LoyalSunset)
25. Bloodedges
33 Team BangBros PogChamp(XoSmoove/Ru_Swag)
33. Team Low Tier... Players
33. Night Sky (RoselinDark/howling-_-moon)
33. Bottom Tier (swordsman09/LloydIrving786)
33. Team WHOOPS (G-Man_Graves/ipwnedurface)
33. Team Nope (Sutomuz / ciddypooky)
33. DTMI | Bad bitches (Ling&Hector)
33. Sailor Mercury's V
33. BlazBlues Brothers
33. TEAM GO1 (GO1-3151:ixion鯖 solo. PSN: CHIZURU_PLAYER)
33. BB sucks dick so when's KoF? (Bako28/Royal_Recon)
33. Literally Aigis (Helseivich/a-ther)
33. Team Seaslug
33. BurningLove(Bio/prince)