Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WakeUpDP

[CP1.1] Relius Clover Combo Thread

Not tight enough if you ask me. It should be extremely easy to get 5b and 3c. Anything else should be too late or not optimal.

Also depends on how long the combo is, what starter you used, etc. very easy link

After 41236B? You should be able to follow up with nearly anything. 5B, 5C, 3C, 6B should all fit right there unless you really prorated the combo. Then either skip leis or go into 3C. As TD said, its a loose link. Just wait till after you recover from leis and you should be golden,

I don't see anything in the first post saying questions are unwelcome in this thread, so it seems like the right place:

I'm having some trouble with combos that have

xx>2C>6C>41236B>xx

As I always seem to drop the combo after Gad Leis. How tight is this link, exactly?

After both hits of 41236B? occasionally 3C will whiff if 61236B hits too high (especially on Makoto) but generally it's loosey goosey enough for a microdash>5B.

After both hits of 41236B? occasionally 3C will whiff if 61236B hits too high (especially on Makoto) but generally it's loosey goosey enough for a microdash>5B.

That particular difficulty arose while trying to do a few of Relius' challenges. The only Leis link that gives me trouble after about 20 minutes in training is 41236B>2C. If you'll indulge me a bit further, there are two more that I've had considerably more difficulty with:

...>3C>9D>falling j.B>2C>...

I can never seem to get both the j.B and the 2C to combo consistently. It seems that either 9D > j.B blue beats, or j.B > 2C does. I've tried a handful of delays on the 3C>9D link, and the only ones that consistently get the three moves to sync up properly cause 3C>9D to blue beat. In about 45 minutes of training mode (Ranga as dummy), I've gotten the full combo to land twice. Is there anything on screen or in Relius' movement that I can use as a standard to help time this?

A more direct method of getting 3C>9D>j.B to land is to do 3C>9D>IAD j.B>2C as fast as you can, but this has its own set of issues, and screwing it up is easy. Really its all about delaying the jump cancel, but I've been doing it for so long that I can't remember how I got it to land when I first started. Also, 41236B>2C isn't a very common link, most of the time you'd either go into 3C or 5B. I can only see using 2C for going into an astral.

That particular difficulty arose while trying to do a few of Relius' challenges. The only Leis link that gives me trouble after about 20 minutes in training is 41236B>2C. If you'll indulge me a bit further, there are two more that I've had considerably more difficulty with:

...>3C>9D>falling j.B>2C>...

I can never seem to get both the j.B and the 2C to combo consistently. It seems that either 9D > j.B blue beats, or j.B > 2C does. I've tried a handful of delays on the 3C>9D link, and the only ones that consistently get the three moves to sync up properly cause 3C>9D to blue beat. In about 45 minutes of training mode (Ranga as dummy), I've gotten the full combo to land twice. Is there anything on screen or in Relius' movement that I can use as a standard to help time this?

Well I'll help the best I can without being phisically able to see the problem.

Firsty it'll help you tremendously to set the training dummy to tech whenever possible. When learning combos this is generally the best setting.

Next the properties of the moves themselves, 3C by its self gets the opponent off the ground. The important thing here is, no matter what, the opponent cannot tech until they actually touch the ground again after 3C hits. Due to this property, you can, and should, the 9D to when the opponent is just about to touch the ground lowers their height for the rest of the combo, making it easier.

6D can be done until the very end of your jump start-up (which is the first 4-ish frames of your jump) the later you do it into your jump start-up the easier it is to connect with falling j.B. Because you want to use j.B as close to the ground as possible you want to use 6D as late as possible.

j.B moves the opponent horizontally forward rather than upward vertically like j.C, this makes it ideal for linking into 2C. the best timing for j.B to hit is right before you touch the ground so you can 2C immediately after.

Basically the goal is to do 6D, and j.B as late as you possibly can without having the opponent tech.

As for visual cues to look out for, you press the D in 9D after you see Relius just beginning to leave the ground, and for j.B you use it while you are descending so that it comes out with you barely above the ground.

A more direct method of getting 3C>9D>j.B to land is to do 3C>9D>IAD j.B>2C as fast as you can, but this has its own set of issues, and screwing it up is easy. Really its all about delaying the jump cancel, but I've been doing it for so long that I can't remember how I got it to land when I first started. Also, 41236B>2C isn't a very common link, most of the time you'd either go into 3C or 5B. I can only see using 2C for going into an astral.

But 41236B>3C>astral is just as effective if not more so. You never have to worry about reduced stun time with 3C because they can't tech until they touch the ground.

Well I'll help the best I can without being phisically able to see the problem.

Firsty it'll help you tremendously to set the training dummy to tech whenever possible. When learning combos this is generally the best setting.

Next the properties of the moves themselves, 3C by its self gets the opponent off the ground. The important thing here is, no matter what, the opponent cannot tech until they actually touch the ground again after 3C hits. Due to this property, you can, and should, the 9D to when the opponent is just about to touch the ground lowers their height for the rest of the combo, making it easier.

6D can be done until the very end of your jump start-up (which is the first 4-ish frames of your jump) the later you do it into your jump start-up the easier it is to connect with falling j.B. Because you want to use j.B as close to the ground as possible you want to use 6D as late as possible.

j.B moves the opponent horizontally forward rather than upward vertically like j.C, this makes it ideal for linking into 2C. the best timing for j.B to hit is right before you touch the ground so you can 2C immediately after.

Basically the goal is to do 6D, and j.B as late as you possibly can without having the opponent tech.

As for visual cues to look out for, you press the D in 9D after you see Relius just beginning to leave the ground, and for j.B you use it while you are descending so that it comes out with you barely above the ground.

Ok. I'll keep this in mind. If this doesn't do it, I'll record some attempts to see if anything more can be made of it from there. Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure what the protocol on double posting is (and I'm not certain editing the above post would actually flag the thread as having unread posts), but I didn't want to hijack the other Relius help thread just posted:

I have the 9D>j.B>2C link more or less down. Now the problem seems to be that the 41236B after 6C will only hit the dummy once. Does that mean I'm inputting the command too early, or too late?

2C>6C>41236B can be filled with delays everywhere. 41236B has issues hitting a few characters if they're too high. Ragna is a notable one. Usually the 6C>41236B can be delayed by a bit to fix these issues.

Btw, I double post all the time, there's not too much activity here in the Relius forums. If you have questions or need help, don't let a double post discourage you, as long as its a real question/discovery.

It means two things, 1 you're using 41236B too early and two you're most likely using j.B or 6C too early as well.

41236B has the potential to hit both times even off a max height 2C so long as you delay the subsequent 6C and 41236B to the last frame they both can hit on, Ragna and Haz included. from the 3C to the 41236B it's all about "How late can this next one hit before they tech." The more last second, the closer to the ground they stay, the more time you get to connect 41236B properly.

2C>6C>41236B can be filled with delays everywhere. 41236B has issues hitting a few characters if they're too high. Ragna is a notable one. Usually the 6C>41236B can be delayed by a bit to fix these issues.

Btw, I double post all the time, there's not too much activity here in the Relius forums. If you have questions or need help, don't let a double post discourage you, as long as its a real question/discovery.

Are there any other issues with Ragna for combos? He's my typical training dummy.

Not really, but if you want a character that almost every combo works on, I'd suggest using Azrael. He's got the right type of hitbox for all OD combos to work on, the solo combos all work on him, he's great to use the 22CD combo route on, just generally an easy to abuse character.

Not really, I've never had problems with Ragna. Most of my struggles stem from Hazama's, Carl's, Valk', and Makoto's hitboxes.

Necro mentioning it is the first time I've heard of Ragna hitbox problems in any forum.

It happens to me a lot, the first hit being the only one to hit. It doesn't kill my momentum since I'm still at advantage, but thats like 1k damage I keep missing out on.

It happens to me a lot, the first hit being the only one to hit. It doesn't kill my momentum since I'm still at advantage, but thats like 1k damage I keep missing out on.

Does fighting Ragna stress you out? If so that could be the issue. You gotta take your time ripping apart the enemy..

If you do the first half of the combo perfect it actually doesn't matter if you throw 41236B out the first frame 6C hits, so maybe you gotta give some attention to other parts of the combo...

I dunno, maybe. There's either ragnas that are pushovers or ragnas that IB 3C and ID every time to scare me, so I get a healthy balance. This sometimes happens even in training mode, even if I delay some stuff as.late as possible. Maybe the GG colors are bad luck? xD

*Random pterodactyl noises*

so I did a combo type thing.

So I was always like "Gee Myoro, it'd sure be swell if you knew what the heck to do after you did a j.C+236D unblockable" And then I made these!

(Take the damage part with a grain of salt, when dealing with 236D you can't easily be certain...)

Midscreen

236D+j.C>665B>6B>5A>2C>6C>41236B>5B>5C(2)>sj>j.B>j.C>j.236C~j.214B>airdash [2673DMG/+19HT/-2500IG]

236D+j.C>5A+B>665B>6B>5A>2C>6C>41236B>5B>5C(2)>sj>j.B>j.C>j.236C~j.214B>airdash [3317DMG/-12HT/-2500IG]

236D+j.C>665B>6B>5C(1)>2C>6C>41236B>5B>5C(2)>sj>j.B>j.C>j.236C~j.214B>airdash [2930DMG/+20HT/-2500IG] Doesn't work on Carl or Amane.

236D+j.C>5A+B>665B>6B>5C(1)>2C>6C>41236B>5B>5C(2)>sj>j.B>j.C>j.236C~j.214B>airdash [3740DMG/-11HT/-2500IG] Doesn't work on Carl or Amane.

236D+j.C>665B>6B>j.B>j.C>2C>6C>41236B>5B>5C(2)>sj>j.B>j.C>j.236C~j.214B>airdash [2944DMG/+21HT/-2500IG]

236D+j.C>5A+B>6B>j.B>j.C>2C>6C>41236B>5B>5C(2)>sj>j.B>j.C>j.236C~j.214B>airdash [3511DMG/-10HT/-2500IG] (THE 665B IS MISSING FOR A REASON)

236D+j.C>665C(2)>3C>6D+jump>j.B>2C>6C>41236B>5B>5C(2)>sj>j.B>j.C>j.236C~j.214B>airdash [3079DMG/+22HT>-3800IG]

236D+j.C>5A+B>3C>6D+jump>j.B>2C>6C41236B>5B>5C(2)>sj>j.B>j.C>j.236C~214B>airdash [3625DMG/-10HT/-3800IG]

Corner

236D+j.C>665B>6B>TKj.236C>5B>2C>236C>5B>2C>6C>41236B>3C [3006DMG/+21HT/-1500IG]

236D+j.C>5A+B>6B>TKj.236C>5B>2C>236C>5B>2C>6C>41236B>3C [3589DMG/-10HT/-1500IG] (AGAIN, INTENTIONAL ABSENT 5B)

236D+j.C>6B>(236D hits again knocking them back down)>5C(2)>j,C>j.236C>5B>2C>236C>5B>2C>6C>41236B>3C [3058DMG/+21HT/-1500IG]

^This one is 500% awesome I challenge every Relius to try it.

236D+j.C>665C(2)>236C~214A>665C(2)>j,C>j.236C>5B>2C>6C>41236B>3C [3550/+25HT/-2500IG]

236D+j.C>5A+B>236C~214A>665C(2)>j.C>j.236C>5B>2C>6C>41236B>3C [3994/-9HT/-2500IG]

236D+j.C>236C~214A>665C(1)>j.C>j.236C~j.214B>j.B>2C>6C>41236B>5B>5C>4D>3C [3754DMG/+26HT/-3500IG]

These unblockable combos led me to another fun solo corner combo.

Ground hit FC2C>5A+B>412366B (Dash Gad Leis)>5B>6B>TKj.236C>5B>2C>6C>236C>3C [3621DMG/-10HT/No IG]

The 5A+B>41236B is possible and the 236C is easier to time because of the FC.

Ok, I've got the BnB mostly down. The only thing issues persist for is trying to use a microdash between Leis and 5B, as it always seems to come out as 66B (more annoyingly, when I played Mu as a main, 66A always came out as 665A; I can't seem to win ._.;;) Exactly how fast is a "microdash"? I've never played a character who uses them.

On another note, I found a combo that doesn't appear to be listed here. It's probably sub-optimal as hell, but I feel a bit accomplished just for finding something, so I'll list it:

BC>6D>41236B>5B>5C>sj.B>j.C>j.236C>j.214B 3076 damage/22HG/2300IG

I'd recommend to wait a bit after gad leis because of its recovery to input the microdash (66 5B) for it to come out.  The microdash is pretty quick, by the time you started dashing 5B is should be inputted.

And that grab combo is perfectly fine, and it was in the opening thread under midscreen combos with Ignis. :)

Ok, I've got the BnB mostly down. The only thing issues persist for is trying to use a microdash between Leis and 5B, as it always seems to come out as 66B (more annoyingly, when I played Mu as a main, 66A always came out as 665A; I can't seem to win ._.; ;) Exactly how fast is a "microdash"? I've never played a character who uses them.

On another note, I found a combo that doesn't appear to be listed here. It's probably sub-optimal as hell, but I feel a bit accomplished just for finding something, so I'll list it:

BC>6D>41236B>5B>5C>sj.B>j.C>j.236C>j.214B 3076 damage/22HG/2300IG

Allow me to bestow upon thee the ancient secrets of the perfect micro dash and the microdash special.

The perfect microdash is easy, you of course only have to tap 6 twice, but the pacing at which you do it is relatively lax. The secret is, do the first tap of 6 near the tail-end of your moves recovery, then EXACTLY when your move's recovered (or you just landed from an air normal) you tap 6 a second time. Then as you lift your finger off of the 6 for the second time press the B button and you'll get the perfect 665B every time.

Microdash special moves are interesting. anything ending in a 6 can be turned into one (So for us 236A, 41236B, 236236D, and 632146D) First discovered when I watched one of Ctrl-Alt-WTF's Hazama videos, If you input any of these specials as 2366A, 412366B, 2362366D, or 6321466D it gives a small bit of dash momentum to the move. It's more difficult than the perfect microdash and sadly for us it's not nearly as useful, but it definitely exists. If you want to see if you've truly got it try doing 236236D or 632146D and check to see if Relius moves off center from his emblem during the distortion flash.

Most useful I've found from this is 2366A which lets Ley escape things it normally couldn't, like Amane's 236D~A/B/C or 6D, Nu's 214D~C, and a few other things.

Nice reply Myoro.

For new questions/answers could you guys post them in the new Q&A thread so that information like this is easier to find, and make this thread go back to post combos? Thanks :)

Hey guy I did a Relius combo video. It also has bang but there's plenty of Relius action, most of its in the second half. I'm planning on doing a Relius community combo video next, is anyone on board to develop flashy combos etc? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwB8ZJWs0QE

Also I had no Idea WakeUpDP used burst safe 3c without the barrier. Now that I think about it doing it without the barrier seems way more efficient lmao.

Ohey, I watched your video!

My combos aren't especially super flashy, but there are a few that have already posted here that are great for your vid! I've also have a few new ones that I'm brewing up!

Necro should give you his full screen combo as I don't know the final transcript for it.

Ohey, I watched your video!

My combos aren't especially super flashy, but there are a few that have already posted here that are great for your vid! I've also have a few new ones that I'm brewing up!

Necro should give you his full screen combo as I don't know the final transcript for it.

I was thinking it doesn't have to be flashy necessarily. Could be useful tech, block strings and mixups aswell. Anything Relius really. I've been going through the thread and there's a lot of cool Relius stuff goin down here so I figured I'd ask.