Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

r0b0t

Whos taking time off when XRD finally releases for console?

I live in Houston as well though I'm sorta new to FGs (I main sf4) but am starting to play AC+R to learn the game before Xrd comes out. If I'm at least competent I'm down to play as well

Hopefully Houston gets a community for Xrd. Game looks fun as hell

Phone post

Oh we will have a community, I am assuming you were not around the FGC before 2009? Or at least did not play Guilty Gear before 2009?

I will take off, I have a lot of sick time and vacation time stored.  I wouldn't do this for any other fighting game.

Since it looks like you will be playing Ramlethal, I will probably end up hating you haha! I main Sol and it looks like that is going to be a hard match for me.

Ha ha, sure thing! Let's all pray that netplay won't be awful. Oh, how I hate lag.

I'm in Hawaii.

If anyone is going to be complaining about lag it's me.

If this thing can run online better than P4A (which is just barely good enough for BnBs to be possible for me), I'll be happy. If it's identical to P4A online I'll be neutral.

I hope I can be happy...

Yea the netplay better be at least as good as P4A or better. And it is running on a engine built by a company that has a specialty in Online FPS(UNREAL) so maybe there will be some benefit there. I dont know I am just guessing. Either way Ill be really really really pissed off if the online play is Shit. Like Ill go to Japan and slap some Japanese Arcsys devlopers in the face that is how mad I will be. I better be able to dustloop online in 80% of my matches.

Like Ill go to Japan...

U could also just play at the arcade while there, or use their superior internet :D

Counting on good netplay, too, though i will have 1-3 offline people hopefully.

Probably not gonna take time off, since it's a bit scarce this year.. but depends on the exact date.

U could also just play at the arcade while there, or use their superior internet :D

Counting on good netplay, too, though i will have 1-3 offline people hopefully.

Probably not gonna take time off, since it's a bit scarce this year.. but depends on the exact date.

Yea there will be lots of locals where I live that will play. But it would be awesome if I could just sit on my couch and queue and find opponets.

Oh we will have a community, I am assuming you were not around the FGC before 2009? Or at least did not play Guilty Gear before 2009?

i got into the FGC around 2013 and just watched streams for like a year so I'm REALLY late lol. I'm at least out of the scrub phase from what people tell me lol

Phone post

Since it looks like you will be playing Ramlethal, I will probably end up hating you haha! I main Sol and it looks like that is going to be a hard match for me.

Yeah I can't wait to play Ramlethal.  I just love trap zoning characters like her and Venom.

I really hope they announce the release dates at Evo this weekend, but that's high wishes. 

Nah I'm going to to be in the midst of precalc or Calc 1 when the game comes out. I got to get my stuff together but I'll still probably get a couple matches in online.

I'm already a procrastinator with a messed up sleep schedule, don't see why I wouldn't end up playing Xrd more than actually doing things.

If anything I'll have to keep reminding myself I have a life to attend too as well.

Ughhh college is starting and my schedule is shit-.- so games will definitely take a back seat for me until xrd comes out, since I need to work for work regardless

I'm in Hawaii.

If anyone is going to be complaining about lag it's me.

If this thing can run online better than P4A (which is just barely good enough for BnBs to be possible for me), I'll be happy. If it's identical to P4A online I'll be neutral.

I hope I can be happy...

Its an interesting questions because with Persona 4 Arena you're dealing with a really different engine that handles hefty sprites with Xrd you're getting Unreal which has network code primarily intended for FPS games. The new engine could improve it or might make it even more untenable. I am in Vietnam and finding decent net games is a pain. Still, come december I might have fiber optic and a ps4. We'll see.

Spent $400+ dollars for this game.  Assuming I'm gonna have to buy a ps4 arcade stick and the actual game, it's gonna go up by like $300.  So $700+ dollars for this game, and it's future. 

Spent $400+ dollars for this game.  Assuming I'm gonna have to buy a ps4 arcade stick and the actual game, it's gonna go up by like $300.  So $700+ dollars for this game, and it's future. 

I'm going to do the same thing, except i also need a HDMI monitor because PS4 can't connect to VGA.

I'm so waiting for this game.