Sign in to follow this  
Jais

Bridget Q & A

Axl is a strange one...his hit box is where i wish there was a program to be able to see the hitboxes. I feel that because of his extended hitbox on his range attacks, the creators gave him a stupid slender and often low hit box.

Which is the fastest set on the ground and in the air? And is it a good idea to set during pressure strings like close 5s(1), set#?

Which is the fastest set on the ground and in the air? And is it a good idea to set during pressure strings like close 5s(1), set#?

The quickest set is...the 4/back set...the second quickest is the neutral set....i sometimes put the yo-yo out during blockstrings...however its not always a good idea due to the fact that people will be mashing whatever the can when they see you set one...the players in my community look for it now...so when you think they are do a tick throw set-up...like 2k>walkthrow> or do filler>2s>2k> run> starship or 3p> this will scare them from just mashing because your doing different things in your pressure.....

and then you maybe to do something like f.s>6set>2s>roger rush>react....

i would recommend doing 2k>5s>4hs>3p/2p/or throw.

Also a much more safer set would be to do 2k>5s>jump cancel>j.3s>roll>razor bear>Filler.

But at the end of the day the best possible way to set up is after a knockdown...during blockstrings you may get away with it..but not always.....

Axl is a strange one...his hit box is where i wish there was a program to be able to see the hitboxes. I feel that because of his extended hitbox on his range attacks, the creators gave him a stupid slender and often low hit box.

can you hit starship frc>6s>combo on him?

can you hit starship frc>6s>combo on him?

Everybody but Baiken and May. On those chars the last j.2S will whiff unless you Super Jump Install or unless it is a CH starship.

Would a corner Starship FRC, jump throw their tech, be any good on the 2 characters you just talked about? May and Baiken.

Would a corner Starship FRC, jump throw their tech, be any good on the 2 characters you just talked about? May and Baiken.

VS May & Baiken

Starship, FRC, 6S>SJI.S> J.2S> Jc.S>J.2S> HSS_#

Don't be a girly man.

Okay I've picked up a bad habit recentley, You use a random KSMH and it's blocked, what do you do? (Assuming no meter) Try and K out of the way of the punish or just take the frames of KSMH with no follow up?

Okay I've picked up a bad habit recentley, You use a random KSMH and it's blocked, what do you do? (Assuming no meter) Try and K out of the way of the punish or just take the frames of KSMH with no follow up?

Do the ~P follow-up earlier and it'll be safe.

Okay my fellow bridget players. i come to you all once again, im attempting to go for bridgets frc/rc 2d unblockable roger get set-up. However i have seen it in many vids and are unsure of how to land with the bear and bridget fall on top after it with j2.c to create the unblockable.when i attempt it either the bear whiffs and bridget lands on top. or the bear lands and bridgets fall to far away to land the unblockable attack. In vids i seen it look lik bridget kinda falls diagonally down perfectly after the set-up but im am unsure how, and practiced but havent gotten it yet.

In vids i seen it look lik bridget kinda falls diagonally down perfectly after the set-up but im am unsure how, and practiced but havent gotten it yet.

show me the vid and i can tell you the buttons

Bridget is my sub and i'm really good with it. l've been playing gg 3 years now but although l do well with Bridget, it has no pressure and hardly any defense. l know the oki and mixups are stupid good but... is that it? How exactly SHOULD l be playing Bridget?

Oh, it's straightforward. I'm pretty sure you know the buttons. Just play around with the timing and keep practicing.

Bridget is my sub and i'm really good with it. l've been playing gg 3 years now but although l do well with Bridget, it has no pressure and hardly any defense. l know the oki and mixups are stupid good but... is that it? How exactly SHOULD l be playing Bridget?

to be honest, bridgets oki is never gurantee-ed to leave into much of anything depending espically upon how the set-up is arranged, outside the corner its a bit so-so. Mix-ups are only medicore with a properly placed yo-yo, and just like carl in blazblue no one is going to willingly allow you proper placement without a fight.

The thing with bridget is, which i actually enjoy so much, is that there is no one way to play bridget, every battle will feel nuthin like the last. bridget does best reacting to the situation that is present in from of him(not it). This case doesnt apply to every character, testament can perform in the same manner effectively against most of the cast. I-no and millia lockdown there opponents for mix-ups in the same fashion every match within there unique character specific tactics. there will be many times where bridget is forced to rush down characters who perform much better from far away, or gain powerful combat advantages while a far.As bridget its your job to react to the situation at hand and do everything you can to get the best results.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_ixIlUiZAA&playnext_from=TL&videos=b8hwUI3jvkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC1Hp0wK7e8&playnext_from=TL&videos=MnDCqOKg5P0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IamtEsY_A1o&playnext_from=TL&videos=OUTffyZ-31I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssZkWpyRAuc&playnext_from=TL&videos=BjPwtayENhg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7U7IYuecY0

Some of my favorite vids, its incredibly important to watch and learn from players that perfoem well with character that are much mroe difficult to learn and perform with. I myself is still learning and want to keep improving im not where near where i want to be. i want to be able to say i can take on ruu's bridget one day or even jais.

Make sure you do a running jump first.

Good luck.

thanks man,

Utilize your movement, run away and use the clock. =)

l've been spamming ldou for years XD. l tried pressure, oki, mixed bridgets... but they all ended up reverting to ldou spam. l didn't think it was legit but l guess it is XD

l've been spamming ldou for years XD. l tried pressure, oki, mixed bridgets... but they all ended up reverting to ldou spam. l didn't think it was legit but l guess it is XD

dude take it from me its not, its a great tool however, at a high level players will catch-up to you and as i mentioned before some character dont even care about. Bridget is incredibly dependant on reacting to the situation at hand. if idou is what it calls for then do it, if a yo-yo set is in order then do that to.

Im generally looking for a primer of sorts for combos, any sites that people recommend, as i see theres no combo dedicated thread here. Ta'

Haven't been around much cuz of SSF4, but Jais is it wrong to assume you use Cody? Just wondering cuz I use him and Ibuki ^_^

Haven't been around much cuz of SSF4, but Jais is it wrong to assume you use Cody? Just wondering cuz I use him and Ibuki ^_^

There are lots but here's a good set ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFUdVdiFOnc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqmhL_gWelg

He has; CH combos, standing only combos, corner combos, starship, KSMH, I mean of course we'd play Cody. Glad to hear you are reppin' him, as well.

What is the exact combo of the Falling Bear? I've been improvising with good success but don't want to drop this combo at all when it lands.

Assuming it might be character dependent?

I've got a big tournament coming up in August, and I'm fishing for Top 3 atleast, so I gotta level my ass up....I mean 3P spam. Ass.

What is the exact combo of the Falling Bear? I've been improvising with good success but don't want to drop this combo at all when it lands.

Assuming it might be character dependent?

I've got a big tournament coming up in August, and I'm fishing for Top 3 atleast, so I gotta level my ass up....I mean 3P spam. Ass.

Bear launches then you do 2S>6S>jc.S>j.2S>jc.S>j.2S

Sign in to follow this