Sign in to follow this  
Jais

Bridget Q & A

How many reps of close S into recall are you guys getting?

To be honest, lots ( 10-14 ) But only 1/4 of them are the 3rd frame where the call back re buffer actually has hit collision. So I doesn't really amount to anything, just me getting thrown or having to bait the throw w/ a starship~frc~B&B which BTW is cool as hell w/ the HSB the entire time.I LOVE THIS GAME.TRUTH.

How did you guys come up with that "third frame" figure by the way, did you use a programmable controller? I can get the rebuffers to hit pretty easily and I feel like I'm hitting the buttons really late into the hitstop. Am I deluding myself here? I've only canceled into a single empty rebuffer since I've gotten the game, the rest have all hit. Maybe doing it super-late helps too??

I kinda don't like the close S into rebuffer x n trap, but obviously I'm gonna try to learn it... my favorite application of the rebuffer glitch is a tie between 236D (which is so easy) and Roger Get.

Still hard to motivate myself to practice this character when everyone else I play got all kinds of fancy crazy crap. Bridget is just kinda boring :/

edit: To answer my own question, my max is four... so hard ;-;

i need to learn some gold burst setups for bridget....any suggestions?

Pretty much only a Throw bait.

Shoryu baits I'd rather take damage then gold bar form.

either I use,

c.S(1)~c.S(2), run burst

Starship~FRC~run burst

2K~walk~burst

Pretty much any time you'd tick throw you can mix it up w/ a throw bait (burst)

I use this one mostly BTW :if you fuck up a jump in; whiff, they duck, they throw a normal to make you whiff,etc. You can Burst to punish their throw, HARDCORE.

Save your Burst for Badlands, seriously. =P

How did you guys come up with that "third frame" figure by the way, did you use a programmable controller?

I am only playing on assumptions here. I've read that it's a 3 frame glitch, from Hellmonkey, Blitz, yo yo holla, and other dedicated members, so I'm believing what their saying is true. Whether it is or not I have no proof. From what I've produced there is 3 possible outcomes from the re-buffer.

1) smallest empty buffer... 1 millimeter, sure, lol.

2) next smallest empty buffer... twice as big as the first, 2 millimeters, sure, lol.

3) furthest re-buffer w/ hit collision.

I'm deducing the 3 frames mapping from my 3 outcomes.

Here's a Q for your Q and A thread. Wtf is a HSR and HSB?

Hard Slash Release

Hard Slash Buffer

I'll update a new the Slash Bridget Basics threads w/ AC and notation , once I get her AC game down good enough where I feel I can teach it. As of right now though, I swear, in 80% all the vids I've seen is: Slash Bridget, except w/ HSS_5 after a throw.

I have every AC Bridget video out to date. Would anybody want me to torrent em' out? It's about a gig, BTW.

If yes, I'd prefer to finish my note taking on the match-ups and include them in the VSCharX, VSCharY folders.

From the notes and fully understood vids I can create a new match-ups thread w/ the header posts being every match-up and special tips, combo's, defensive options, etc. From there I'll just append all the previous match-up discussion thread to the end of the new match up thread.

From the notes and fully understood vids I can create a new match-ups thread w/ the header posts being every match-up and special tips, combo's, defensive options, etc. From there I'll just append all the previous match-up discussion thread to the end of the new match up thread.

go ahead, that would be nice (since I'm too lazy to do it =P)

I have every AC Bridget video out to date. Would anybody want me to torrent em' out? It's about a gig, BTW.

Oh god yes, I haven't been watching any videos x.x

This glitch is frustrating the shit out of me. Dammit. Edit: Jais, that would rock if you could load up those vids. I have seen a lot, but more is always welcome.

How many reps of close S into recall are you guys getting? This is so hard.

Ok, I can get one rep consistantly and have gotten three reps on one occasion. How?

I hold H with my middle finger and press S with my index finger. When I glitch it, I slide my index finger to H then quickly replace my index finger with my middle finger and hit S with my index finger then slide my index finger back to H to re-glitch.

I find that using your index finger helps hit that later frame, using one finger for two buttons with another finger as a placeholder (Holding H) is a good technique for this glitch.

i just started playing this game and i am using bridget now .. this character is perfect for me! but i have one question that's been bugging the hell out of me after playing some people yesterday:

what options do i have to follow up with after AA 6P?

what options do i have to follow up with after AA 6P?

CH Link a 6S~B&B ( j.S~j.2S~j.c~j.S~j.2S)

Normal hit

Gatlin 6P~6S~B&B

thanks! .. another question though

what options do i have to follow up with after CH 6S?

it doesn't seem like i can do much after that .. i've just been setting up yoyo on those situations.

but ya this has been annoying the hell out of me 87(

what options do i have to follow up with after CH 6S?[/quote]I always cancel the 6S into IAD to move the edge of the screen forward; if they wallbounce, they can tech, but the 6S will knock down if they don't. THIS WOULD BE AN AWESOME TIME TO HAVE THE AIR 5SET ARC SYSTEMS. Fuckers. I don't know if this is some sort of Slash to AC difference but I used to do 3set then Razor Roger a lot here and it seems like you're never really in position to do that now (try it yourself, you'll see what I mean). You can do jumping 5set (which is the jumping 6set, but faster... sigh...) into Roger Get here and they can't jump it (some characters actually get hit on the ground in their jump startup frames if they try and your timing/spacing is correct, I know it works on Chipp anyway). There's also the option of landing and doing whatever after the IAD.

what options do i have to follow up with after CH 6S?

I have been having a real hard time breaking this Slash habit of CH 6S into UB beings as they can tech now.

Personally I am forcing myself to do

CH 6S~HSS_5, run f.S~6S~HSB

Sorry if this would be better in the match thread then this one

If potemkin catches u in his slide head ~ OTG combo ~ Aegis on wakeup (you block this) ~ guaranteed slide head, rinse repeat

Does bridget have any options he can use to get himself out of this situation that doesnt include using a burst? Delayed yo yo getup didnt seem to avoid having the aegis hit, and the aegis beats out starship :vbang:

Sorry if this would be better in the match thread then this one

If potemkin catches u in his slide head ~ OTG combo ~ Aegis on wakeup (you block this) ~ guaranteed slide head, rinse repeat

Does bridget have any options he can use to get himself out of this situation that doesnt include using a burst? Delayed yo yo getup didnt seem to avoid having the aegis hit, and the aegis beats out starship :vbang:

Reversal Roll FD (block aegis) airdash back?

1f jump (block aegis) 3P?

Pretty much 1F jump and hope his timing isn't perfect.

dead angle would work. Though, couldn't you instant block it on get up than jump away?

dead angle would work though, couldnt you instant block it on get up than jump away?

leaves you open for heat.

and so does IB -> backdash.

But they are options.

Also be aware if they do it just out of range and simply potbuster you before it reaches you.

I dont get why sometimes bridget's throw messes up. There are times when you back throw, you end up on the other side(which should not be the case). Sometimes you dont. This kinda destroy some of his setups. Does anybody have an explanation for this? It probably works like chipp's throw wherein the same thing happens. Its pretty "consistent" with me actually. There are times it helps... most of the time it doesnt though. It usually happens when i dash then back throw... momentum probably? I dont know.. Does anybody know of any way to avoid it? or set it up maybe? Thanks! This is for AC btw, i dont recall it ever happening to me this much, or if it even did in slash, reload and also xx.

apologies... i dont think i explained it very well. When bridget throws an opponent... For example bridget(1st player side) does a 4HS (throws opponent)... Bridget should be recovering on the left side of the opponent after the throw... What i am saying is that there are instances wherein he recovers to the right side of the opponent even if you do a 4HS(back throw)... Im pretty sure im not messing up my throws to a 6HS(forward throw). Does this ever happen to you guys?

o there. Saw a vid.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hi8YaA6aUe8

Somewhere around 2:08. At the corner. Its been happening to me... even if im not in the corner... Notice bridget did a back throw(check the animation)... then ended up on the other side(the corner). It been happening to me alot of times. Not only once... More than 10 times probably... midscreen...And by """"consistent""" i dont mean it happens all the time(hahaha ironic)... But it has been annoyingly "consistent" for me because it still happens unexpectedly. It happens in my matches pretty often.

@tsukihimeblood

It could be because you threw eddie while he was still recovering from the super. This means that you had him counterhitted with the throw. Making it appear that bridget bounced higer than usual because eddie aswell bounced higher than usual. I dont know.

I dont get why sometimes bridget's throw messes up.

Personally ive only seen that bug on the console version. Out of all the japanese videos ive seen, it never seems to happen.

The throw itself seems to be very character specific. Ive had it happen against...

Ky

Slayer

Eddie

Baiken

And i think HoS

There's also the instance with testament if u throw him where a net is placed but that's been around since XX.

I havent had it happen in quite a while so i cant say how i personally had it happen but ill keep an eye out for it.

I had that happen a few times back in slash, actually. I dunno what causes it, but depending on the character, you have even trickier oki options after it as long as you recognize it in time.

I don't know what causes it either, but I know it happens to me after delayed wakeup every time. I only have one guy to play and he only plays I-no, so if it's character-specific I wouldn't notice.

I was watching the recent batch of KY's ranbat videos and i noticed that it happened to u against slayer twice. In both instances, Slayer FD'd right before you threw him...im not sure if that says anything, but it might be something to look out for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbZBmQPueM It happens at 0:57 and 4:18

Edit: when i looked back at the SE-R match video against zappa, he didnt FD...or it didnt look like he did but if u look closely, there's some odd outline that looks like something was attempted....about 10 or so seconds later when you throw him again after calling Razor Roger, that effect didnt show up.

Hello guys. After much testing. Ive found a way to duplicate his wierd side switching throw. I just dont know what it means. Just throw then follow it up with another throw.... Opponent must be crouching... Heres how... First throw the opponent 4HS (backwards throw)... walk forward a bit, then 4HS(backthrow) again. Haha, so much for an explanation... Then every succeeding throw will do the same. He'll automatically switch sides. Have'nt tested it as thoroughly tho. Tried it with sol only, i dont know with the other characters. Just dont get why it happens. Tried it in training mode.Notice the matches posted above, it happens when bridget throws his opponent when crouching. His throw really is a bit buggy. Maybe because of the change in the hitbox? Or probably its really a part of the game.... :(

Sign in to follow this