Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Saki Tsuzura

AH3LM_Saki_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Saki thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Saki Wiki Page

Notable Players

Zyaqu

SAKITAMA

Anan

Useful resources on the Homingcancel forums:

- Saki LM Combos

- Saki changes from AH3 to AH3LM

- Saki LM Videos

New to Saki? Here's what you need to know:

- Flashkick ([2]8x) is great. B and C versions are invincible.

- On block, you can homing cancel Flashkick to make it safe -- in fact, 5D j.A gives you a tight blockstring if you do it right away!

- 5B is great: +1 on block, jump-cancellable, and lower body clash from frame 2.

- Brionac, the horizontal kick ([4]6x) is +1/+2 on block for the ground A/B versions. Pressure reset!

- Divekick (j.3C) hits overhead.
- La'a, her command roll (63214x) can be EFC'd (A+B+C) for a quick ground cross-up and HC'd (6D) for a slower cross-up.
- Love is one of the best Arcanas to start with: has great meter gain, a couple of projectiles, and very fast burst recharge.
- Some simple and intermediate combos to get you started:

A B C Flashkick Super - 1 bar 6210 dmg
2A 2B 2C [2]8C (2 hits) j.214A+B

A B C Brionac Super - 1 bar 6344 dmg
2A 5B 5C [4]6B j.236A+B

Bad Homing Cancel Combo - 1 bar 6866 dmg / 2 bars 8116 dmg
2A 2B 2C 6HC 5A 6C j.A j.B j.4B dj.A dj.B dj.C dj.623B (nothing / dj.214A+B)

Bad Extend Force Cancel Combo - 0 bars 7061 dmg / 1 bar 8226 dmg
2A 2B 2C EFC 5A 6C j.C j.B j.4B dj.A dj.B dj.C dj.623B (nothing / dj.214A+B)

Meterless BnB - 0 bars 7607 dmg / 1 bar 8872 dmg
2A 2A 2B 2C [6]4C j.A j.4B dj.A dj.B dj.C dj.623A (nothing / dj.214A+B)

Simple Overhead or Punish Combo - 0 bars 8480 or 10317 dmg / 1 bar 10145 or 12502 dmg

(j.3C or 6B) [6]4C j.A j.4B dj.A dj.B dj.C dj.623A (nothing / dj.214A+B)

See the Saki LM Combos topic linked above for more advanced combos!

Finally got the game and copying and pasting my own post from the Homing Cancel site.

These damages based Love/Heart as the dummy. All of the combos where done in Thunder/Saki, except for one. 

2A,2B,2C, (EFC) 5B,5C,[8]2C, 6HC, 6B,6C, (jc), JB,JC, J [8]2B, [6]4C, J214AB damage 9805 1 bar

2A,2B,2C, (EFC) 6B,6C, (jc), JA,JB,J4B, (jc), JA,JB,JE, J[4]6B, J214AB damage 8524 1 bar

J3C, [6]4A, JB, JC, J[8]2B, land, [6]4C, J214AB damage 9111 1 bar 

J [8]2x, land, [6]4A, JB, JC,J[8]2B, land [6]4C, NHC, JA, J4B, (jc), JB,JC, J423A, J214AB damage 12528 2 bars (my highgest damage w/o EFC) 

JE, land, 5A,6C, (EFC), JB, JC, J[8]2B, land, 5A,6C, (jc), JA,JB,J4B, (jc), JA,JB,JC, J623A, J214AB 9852

J[8]2x, land, [6]4A, JB, JC, J[8]2B, 5A,6C, (EFC), JA, JB, J4B, (jc), JA,JB, JC, J623A, J214AB damage 11775

2A,2B,2C, (EFC) 5C, [8]2C, JB, JC, [8]2C, 632146A+B damages 11940/14594 3 bars (Critical Heart Combo)

A+D, 6HC, [6]4C, (EFC), JB, JC, J[8]2C, 5A,6C, JA, J4B, (jc), JA,JB, JC, J623A, J214AB damage 9246 2 bars

Also her Orna loops in Punishment still exists, but can't end the combo with dickdive since her Gae Assail is slow on start-up. I have to end it with Arcana Eclipse.

Punishment Combos:

6B, [6]4A, 5C, [8]2C, (EFC)~[8]2A, 6HC, 5B,5C,[8]2Cx2, 6HC, 5B, 5C, 214A+B (AE) damage 14885

I'm going to compare between her Gae Asssail and her old J2C from AH3 vanilla if I have time.

Saki's thread is already a ghost thread, since no one is interested in her.

Tigre asked me on Twitter for some optimal Saki combos. I'd like to do a stream on this, but for now I'd like to "quickly" write down some staple combos I use.

Note: I suggest learning which combos you can end with j.623B instead of j.623A. They both do the same damage, but:
- j.214A+B is more likely to connect after j.623B, especially in the corner.
- After j.623B, you land ~1-2 frames earlier relative to your opponent's wake-up. This is particularly important vs Clarice: land 5B clashes with her neutral tech 4C if you ended with j.623B, but it loses if you ended the same combo with j.623A.
- If j.623B connects, you know for certain the opponent will at least hit the ground before they can tech. They may be able to air-tech after hitting the ground, though!

Tip for inputting j.A j.4B consistently: take your time! You have lots of time after j.A to make sure your joystick is at 4 before you press B. The combos below are not so tight or character-specific that a short delay here will ruin them. I intentionally delay my j.4Bs after j.As (but not after j.Es) just to ensure I input them correctly.

Punish combos: 6B is generally the best combo starter. (Counter-hit [4]6B EFC [6]4C can be slightly better. Zyaqu uses this starter.) 2B will deal exactly 300 dmg less than 6B as a combo starter: it's the best "panic" combo starter since switching from block to 6B will give you [6]4B instead. j.B is also a good combo starter. I often punish whiffed DPs, etc. with homing j.B if I'm already in the air, since they'll probably recover before I can land and 6B/2B them.

From any starter, e.g. j.C 2A 2B 2C or j.B j.C 2A 2B 2C, with 1 metre:
... [6]4C 5HC~8 j.A j.4B dj.A dj.B dj.C dj.623B
(with Wind: dj.B dj.4B tj.A tj.B tj.C tj.623B)

From bad starters, e.g. j.B 2A 2B 2C or 2A 5B 2B 2C, with 1 metre:
same as above

From bad starters, e.g. j.B 2A 2B 2C or 2A 5B 2B 2C, with EF:
... [6]4C EFC j.A j.E j.4B dj.A dj.C dj.623B
(with Wind: dj.E dj.4B tj.A tj.C tj.623A)

From standard starters, e.g. 2A 2A 2B 2C or 5B 2B 2C, metreless:
... [6]4C j.A j.4B dj.B dj.C dj.623B
(with Wind: dj.B dj.4B tj.B tj.C tj.623B)

From standard starters, e.g. 2A 2A 2B 2C or 5B 2B 2C, with EF:
... [6]4C EFC j.A j.B j.[8]2C land 5A 6C j.A j.B j.C dj.B dj.C dj.623A/B (can't remember if B ver connects)
(same with Wind)
(important to EFC j.A as early as possible so that they're at the right height)
(credit to BillDing for this one)

From good starters, e.g. j.3C 2A or 6B/2B, metreless:
same as from standard starters without EF

From good starters, e.g. j.3C 2A or 6B/2B, with EF:
... [6]4C 66EFC j.C j.A dj9 delay dj.B dj.3C delay dj.C land dash j.C j.E j.4B dj.A dj.C dj.623A
(same with Wind)
(66EFC means input 66 then A+B+C so you do a dashing jump j.C)
(credit to FrostyBolt for the idea to use j.3C in an EF combo)

Lastly, a really cool combo by Zyaqu starting from an air-unblockable 2E:
5A (blocked) 2E EFC 5D j.C j.A dj.A dj.C dj.[8]2C delay dj.C land dash super-jump j.A dj.A dj.C dj.623A/B (can't remember if B ver connects)
(air combo at end should be improvised depending on the height dj.C leaves them at)
(this combo works everywhere, not just near the corner as you might assume!)

From standard starters, e.g. 2A 2A 2B 2C or 5B 2B 2C, with EF:

... [6]4C EFC j.A j.B j.[8]2C land 5A 6C j.A j.B j.C dj.B dj.C dj.623A/B (can't remember if B ver connects)

j.623B should always whiff. Also the air combo at the end, I actually use j.A j.B j.4B dj.A dj.B dj.C dj.623A.

-BillDing

Thanks for the write up, Bill! I'll hit the lab at some point this week!

Gae Assail vs. Vanilla J2C

I'm going to compare 2 of these moves from Arcana Heart 3. I Also be adding the pro and cons of those moves~ 

About Gae Assail. That move is underestimated and considered as a combo only move. Yeah, it gave Saki combo variety. Rantama put Saki's Gae Assail to use. This move is not abusive because the start-up is slow and easy to react. Overall, it's not a bad move, and it's also not that great. Gae Assail has its own strengths and its share of flaws. 

Gae Assail Pros:

Cross up at a certain height

A great combo filler

Can provide some mix-ups

Cons:

Slow startup (maybe 20-24 frames)

It's a charged command in the air

Characters like Elsa, Heart, Weiss, can DP out of it

Can be countered hit if your opponent can react 

AH3 J2C Pros:

Can use it as a pressure, resets

Can also do it as low to the ground

Very abusive 

Combo filler in EFC 

Can also use as a blockstring

Cons:

Can only cross up while your opponent crouching

Outcome:

With the removal of her J2C in AH3LM made her less scrubby. She's more of an honest character, which means you have to find new ways to pressure your opponent without an abusive move. Her J2C a strong tool gave her a lot of options. Now, she doesn't have that anymore. That's one the main reason she's considered low in the tier list in Love Max!!!!! (Probably the 3rd worst character in the game~)

If you're an intermediate Saki user and saying how do I pressure with this character?

This what discourages players. People tend to drop Saki for somebody else like Elsa, Weiss, Kamui, and Zenia

The answer is you can still pressure with Saki, but with a lot more work and commitment. You may also have to spend 1 meter for your rush down game.

Saki 3rd lowest character in game? I dunno man I dunno

Also some of her best combos need j2C, without it she can't get consistant sweep knockdowns on grounded opponents anymore :(