Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[LM] Clarice Di Lanza

AH3LM_Clarice_Header.png

Introduction

Welcome to the Clarice thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, Arcana synergy, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Clarice Wiki Page

Notable Players

Ino

Dis

Rorotey

Stupid Seal DP.

Stupid neutral ground tech AKA the fastest wake-up I've ever seen.

Neutral ground tech 4C if they're on the ground beside you.

Neutral ground tech 2C or 28A if they're in the air above you.

Neutral ground tech 4D 4C.

Neutral ground tech and high-jump-block (281 or 284) is almost always a safe option-select. If you time it right, you should be able to block meaties AND jump-out if there's a gap.

I hate this character. :P

Be careful with your Earth Clarice.

The 1 bar Clarice Combo You'll Be Doing All The Time

2ABC (or 5ABC, doesn't matter) 4C 236C 236B 5D 9 j.BC dj.B dj.1C dj.E 236C

That combo does good damage, knocks down and you can do whatever after if you've got another bar (which you probably will since you're Clarice). Things like Wind 2D to plonk whirlwinds and junk down, call out a lightning bolt, call out super lightning, fly at them for a crossup, whatever. You're Clarice, go nuts.

You can always just j.B j.1C j.E 236C to be safe if you think something's going to whiff in the regular combo due to position, momentum after homing or some janky confirm off of a j.236A from half a screen away.

I thought it was generally assumed that the grounded corner carry combos (2AC 236B 5HC~7 j.B j.1C 66 2AC Repeat) were better to do since they give you more advantage on the ender?

I thought it was generally assumed that the grounded corner carry combos (2AC 236B 5HC~7 j.B j.1C 66 2AC Repeat) were better to do since they give you more advantage on the ender?

2A 2C/5C is the most stable and like Setra said, 4C prorates combos extremely hard. You can do 2A 5B 2C/5C on standing and some crouching. From there you either prioritize Oki(236B 5D~8 j.B j.1C step 2A 2C/5C 4C -> Force Stand/Seal+Force Stand) or Damage(236CB 5D j.B j.C [JC] j.A j.B j.1C j.E j.236C)

Then there's this for damage and oki:

~236B 5D~8 j.B j.1C step 2A 5C 236B EFC step [5C(1) 236B] x 2-3

into either step 4C -> force stand/seal+force stand or Arcana specific things like Wind AE 6[D] 236 4C -> force stand/seal+force stand

For crouchers, you might have to do ~236B 5D~9 j.B instead. I haven't fooled around enough to see if 5D~9 j.B j.1C will work on crouchers but if it does, then you can just use that as your main confirm for oki.

Strengths: Fast, great normals, has tremendous reach on her 236 series. Has Unlimited Hazama lifesteal ring as a 1bar super. Has a 1f standing low that starts combos.
Weaknesses: Low health. Doubly so if you pick Wind so you can become Magneto.

Clarice is like every day being Christmas with none of the weight gain from overeating.

Strengths: Fast, great normals, has tremendous reach on her 236 series. Has Unlimited Hazama lifesteal ring as a 1bar super. Has a 1f standing low that starts combos.

Weaknesses: Low health. Doubly so if you pick Wind so you can become Magneto.

Clarice is like every day being Christmas with none of the weight gain from overeating.

No 3f 5A/2A/j.A, no 2A chaining into itself for easy confirming. Issues with 5A/5B on crouchers so you have weaker pressure options vs some characters and the fact that any character with a good move that hits above them can body Clarice.(Heart/Saki j.A, Petra j.B, Weiss j.A/j.4B/j.C, etc.) Fast j.As also body her outside of j.B clashing and hitting them.

Slashes can be clashed and...well..you just die when that happens. No good invuln reversal so her wakeup is basically what bill put up and there's some sort of answer to it all.

On the plus side, you have that fucking stupid Seal detonation that auto-win clash battles while being +142399034903 on block and saps life or meter from them if you choose AND you can confirm into a full combo.

Very good character, possibly top 3 behind Zenia and Elsa.

Some basic combos for people starting with the character.  I do not have damage values.

Metered

~236C 236B HC[9] jBC (214A HC jABC) jB1CE j236C

~236B HC[8] jB1C 2AC (236B Drain Circle 2AC) 4C OTG [421B 2C 421B in corner/ 5[E] midscreen/ Drain Circle 2AC4C] (On crouchers, use HC[9] jC after 236B)

4C 2E HC[4~5] jABC jB1CE 236C  (On CH 4C, 2E can connect fully charged for a meterless combo)

EFC

All metered combos listed above can also be EFC combos (replace HC with EFC)

~236C 236B EFC[8] jB1CA jB1CE j236C

~236B EFC step 2A [5C(1 hit) 236B]*2~3 4C OTG (corner only)

Random Converts

A2A jB/jC j236A HC jBC jB1CE j236C

A2A jB j236B HC[6] jC 5BC 236C 4C OTG (Will not work if you're too high in the air, 4C connects in corner only)

Anti-air 5B/5C/2C 236A HC[9] jBC jB1CE j236C

Anti-air 2A/5C/5C/2C 28X pause 8HC[4~5] jABC (214A HC jABC) jB1CE j236C (replace pause with HC[4~5] if too many hits are added, only works if you anti-air them above your head)

Low Airthrow HC[6] jC 5BC 236C 4C if in corner

Mid-height Airthrow j236B HC[5] jC 5BC 236C 4C if in corner

For a very high airthrow, do HC jC but adjust steering for height and distance from corner.

So, recommendations for Arcana choice? I used to run Blossom so I could be braindead with bursts, but found myself not using the rest of its tools. Then went to Lightning, but the usual combos don't really end with lightning super very well. I just ran Wind in Vanilla, but the things I enjoyed about the Arcana were taken away for obvious reasons.

I personally use Sacred.  It has good projeciles, and 236236E and Eclipse are excellent for hitting people out of homing approaches.  You can also get silly teleport 50/50 mix-ups with the super.  Burst also comes back very quickly.  The increase of charged E speeds is pretty good in general.

I used Love in vanilla for its meter gain and fairly fast burst regen; it's probably still good.  Its projeciles are fairly average, but laser can feel pretty oppressive for your opponent in certain situations.  Float is good for letting you stay in the air longer and vary the timing of your cross-ups (especially after a j236C ender in the corner).  Haven't played with the Eclipse much, but there should be good combo extensions with it.

The top-ranked Clarice in Japan uses Tyr.  Some people also use Earth.  Wind and Thunder are probably her best picks in the end.  I've never really played any of these, so I can't say how they actually play like.

She's pretty versatile in terms of Arcana selection like ssuusshhii said, but I go back and forth between Wind and Thunder depending on my mood and the matchup. The wind nerfs obviously affect her, but it's still such a strong arcana it doesn't really matter. It's practically worth it just for pushblock, and now it has the eclipse which is pure buff. Lightning isn't the best for combo potential or anything, but the options you get off of a 5[e] clash are nuts. You can still make use of the lightning super too, off of raw 2e/2[e] or 28x starters, which gets you excellent damage and maintains knockdown.

Miscellaneous stuff:

63214X EFC 66 5C 2C 4C (probably not optimal, I'm pretty sure I've seen something better)

(using Wind) ch 4C 5[E] 2369B EFC NH9/HC9 into air combo. If not using Wind, you'll have to burn EFC and 1 bar to make this work, ie 5[E] EFC 236B HC9 etc
You can apply the same principles to a ch 5E/5[E] starter or ch thunder clash dp

on a side note, if you're using wind and you land a raw 2e/2[e] or 28x starter into meterless combo and it takes them into the corner, you can end with j.E j.236C 2D (land) 66 4C for optimal knockdown eg 2e j.7 NH9 (j.ABC)x2 j.AB j.1C j.E j.236C 2D (land) 66 4C. This doesn't work with the EF versions of those combos obviously since they'll be able to tech before they reach the ground.

if using Thunder and you're in the same situation as above (raw 2e/2[e]/28x starter into meterless combo, takes them into the corner), you also have the option of ending with j.E j.236C j.214214E j.E j.236C for excellent damage and knockdown. this can be a little tricky because depending on your height, you might have to do the second j.E after the second lightning bolt instead of the third or else you'll end up falling too far below them to end it.

with any arcana, generic combo extender at the end of an air combo is j.E j.236C 3HC j.1C j.E [j.236C]. If you're close enough to the ground (eg from a 236C~236B ground starter), you can actually do 3HC delay j.1C (land) 4C, you'll have to time the j.1C manually to catch them as low to the ground as possible though, it's tricky.

generic raw 2e EFC combo for that matter is 2E EFC j.7 NH9 j.AB j.1C j.BA djc j.B j.1C j.E j.236C. If using wind, you can add another rep to that.

antiair 5B/5C 236C HC5/EFC NH5 j.C (land) 66 2B 5C 4C. a little tougher than most of her confirms, but looks pretty swag and gets you optimal knockdown. you may have to delay the 236C quite a bit if they're too high up, they need to be about shoulder level. you can also do this as an extension to an air to air j.236B starter eg j.B j.236B HC6 j.C (land) 66 5C etc

tk j.236C HC5 j.A (land) 5B 236A into air combo. instant overhead, nets 9-10k and knockdown.

TK j236C HC jA (land) 2C (only third hit) 28A into floating up confirm works at close distances.  Only played around with it on Kamui, but this seems character specific.  Will mess more around with it later.

TK j236C HC  jA (land) 5C 236C 2A5C 236C 4C 241B works in the corner.

You can actually do tk j.236C hc j.A land 28x into nhc followup, timing is a bit tight though and not sure if it works on everyone. 

There's some new combo routes with wind thanks to eclipse which you can see here: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24154666

The gist of it is that any EF air combo that you'd normally end with j.E j.236C knockdown you can follow up with j.2D~C(whiff) land 236C 214BC 6D 4C. You have to tweak your combo a bit based on starter to make sure they can't tech too early after the j.236C, but the reward is quite good.

since this came up on twitter, the ah3 frame data does include the first active frame in startup, so depending on how you want to read it, 4c is 0 or 1 frame startup. however, you still can't punish moves that are less than -3 on block with it, due to the 2f suki not being normal cancellable.

edit: akane's 5a is likewise either 1 or 2f startup, depending on how you want to read it.

One of the major stages of transferring information over from homingcancel is collecting the information in the character subsections. After talking with nadakaineko about the best way to do this, I'll be copying the character-specific information that is useful but doesn't belong in the wiki into a series of google docs.

The google doc for Clarice is here. (Barely anything. I guess those 1f lows are so good that nobody needs advice)

You can help by looking through the information in these docs and letting us know what information is relevant to Love Max and what is outdated. That way, we can copy the information into the thread proper so that it's easier for players to find. The docs are open for anyone to edit and remove outdated content, but please post here if you make any significant changes or believe that the whole document  has been looked over and is ready to be merged into this thread.