Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AyaImmortal

[#R] The offical Replay thread

I try to get a permission from battlereports.com staff to upload replay.

That site was created to store replays of starcraft and warcraft 3 originally, but I think they will allow us to upload because an average gg replay has very low size.

Hey isnt there a way to save replay offline, or is it only online only, becuase i wanted to save some matches that i verse my friends when they come over and look over some weakpoints..... just wondering if there is one. if you guys know reply please. -Team XFG

Here's lots of mine with losses. Most of the dudes here have a ping around 90-120ms. So the situation should be pretty realistic. I put up a chunk because I have next to none experience vs Human in GG. So hopefully the tips you all can give can serve as a stepping stone. Here is the first batch. I know I suck. :D

Here are matches of Me and GTX going at it. Two matches of Ky vs. Eddie and two matches of Ky vs. Slayer.

Shadowred (me) = Ky

GTX = Slayer and Eddie

20070429-010_SHADOWREDKy_l.rep:

http://files.filefront.com//;7381561;;/

20070429-008_GTXSl_vs_SHAy.rep:

http://files.filefront.com//;7381560;;/

20070429-004_SHADOWREDKy_d.rep:

http://files.filefront.com//;7381559;;/

20070429-003_SHADOWREDKy_d.rep:

http://files.filefront.com//;7381558;;/

Able to achieve some results this time. I need some critique to be honest. GG to the players of the archive for beautifully lagless play.

Every match left on my computer after the first upload, in all their "glory". Constructive critisicm always welcome. (removed for epic FAIL):eng101:

I'm just wondering, but when you guys watch a replay of a SLOOOOW (laggy) game, does it mess up for you? As in, the replays keep your inputs, but doesn't adjust them for actual replay speed? It's kinda weird, but if it is messed up for you, then try not to post slow matches (although, I wouldn't know why anyone would anyway). I'll see if I have any good matches, but from a "scrub" player, I think my replays are crap. :(

zerokage:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/53gohk

Some Millia replays I have lying around my hard drive. Things you want to keep in mind when watching these:

Watch their gameplan. If they run in, what attacks/strings are they using. If they're up in the air, do they normal jump in? Air dash in? Look for height dependent air strings. For setups, pay attention to what they do, but also to what they don't do. Like you'll see a lot of disks being layed on opponent's while they get up, but most of these have a specific setup. Outside of these setups, you may not be able to lay a disk safely. After a thrown pin, how do they move in? Combos off CH j. D? Antiairs? Punishing certain moves? Escaping from pressure?

Basically, I think you need to change up the strings you're using. When you score a ground hit, you often want to chain into something that ends in 2D, so you can setup run up disk and mixup. A bit blunt, but basically you're not 100% on what strings you should, shouldn't be using. Like you do actually hit with something, and have the opportunity to knockdown and set the mixup, but you end up chaining into 6K instead, which uncombos and let's them off the hook. So what help is watch some other Millia players, and try to copy their strings/how they move, and then practice.

Like for example, you don't look experienced with setting up the disk on downed opponents. Often you were either you were late running in to set it up (and thus they get up in time to hit/throw u), you didn't run in and did it out of range, or you tried to set a disk when there wasn't enough time to (they're gonna get up while you're still placing the disk and whack you.) This actually goes hand in hand with learning proper setups. If you land more gatlings into 2D, you'll feel really comfortable doing run up disk, because you KNOW it's safe. TK badmoon, air combos ending in j.H, etc. all give you a safe setup for the disk. If you only set the disk after those combos, then you won't have to worry about placing the disk wrong.

Bottom line is:

Anyways, again I don't play Millia. But here's a couple things you might wanna look out for:

1) Gatling's ending in 2D. Shrugs, I think it's fairly important. If you watch the replays, you'll see most ground hits end in 2D, run up disk and mixup. Get used to this, and you'll be getting lots of chances to practice her mixup options.

1a) On the same note, you don't look that comfortable in the air. I know Millia isn't like Potemkin, where you can hit j. HS once and be confident you'll land in time to easily combo. Yeah I know you have to string together some j. P's,K's, S's, so that you can land and combo. But if you're going to play Millia, this is stuff you need to know. For example, a lot of the times, you were normal jumping in with j. K, jump cancel K. Or you have trouble following up the pin. Watch what the other players are doing. Most people have this little airdash string they use after tossing the pin, and most Millia's seem to prefer starting their jump string off an airdash. Again, I play Potemkin, so this might not hold true for other characters, but take a look around and really find out exactly what other people are using.

2) Setting up the trap, and using all the different options. Practice. Like after a 2D knockdown, smooth run up into disk. Or after a j. D in the air. Be ready to follow it up if it hits. Once you're comfortable setting up, learn to use all her options. TK bad moon, jump turbofall (crosses up), air dash over (crossup), 2K (catch jumpers/fidgeters), etc. The more options you learn and are comfortable with, the harder it is for your opponent to block and escape, and the more damage you'll get off your setup.

3) Learn what you can and can't punish. Potemkin was a doing a lot of hammerfalls, and some of them were getting blocked. That's a free run up S, H, 2D into mixups for you, every time. Or you could run up and throw him if you're feeling cute. But yeah, if you don't punish him for using it, there's not a whole lot of reason to stop using it. Hammerfall does great damage, easily RCable for chunks of damage, flies through some stuff. Gotta start making him pay for using it.

You play a superb Venom. I always have trouble dealing with those random VVs and GVs (I have no experiance with human players), but your matches showed that you handled them well. I will further study your matches, and maybe...just maybe... I'll become less of a scrub. Nice matches.

Would anyone mind posting up some good Testament replays that they might have lying around? Preferably Mandraku or Forestblazer's Testas because I have heard they're pretty dang good. Thanks.

should we have a seperate thread for funny replays? Like, matches where weird shit or hilarious shit happened?

Would anyone mind posting up some good Testament replays that they might have lying around? Preferably Mandraku or Forestblazer's Testas because I have heard they're pretty dang good. Thanks.

What match ups do you want to see??? I have over 500 replays to pick from :keke:

What match ups do you want to see??? I have over 500 replays to pick from :keke:

Preferably Te vs Ky :gonk: , Millia, Sol, and Eddie if you can. Thanks, man.

FRCJo- Thanks man I appreciate it.

Well these aren't replays, but you can check out one of the best testaments in the world (back in the #R days) here:

http://www.norematch.com/ggxx/ggxxrvideos.shtml

Look for Shonen's Testament.