Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terferi

Fight stick setup

Hello guys!

I'm a new player and am getting a fight stick for this game. I've enjoyed my time so far. The one I am going to get is this : HORI PlayStation 3 Real Arcade Pro. N3-SA.

I have never owned one so I was wondering if anyone could provide me with an optimal layout for the buttons. I'd rather set everything right the first time so I don't have to relearn. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay. Thanks. I didn't see anything about an optimal setup for a 2x4 button layout But I'll check when I get home from work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You only need 4 buttons for BB (outside of training mode) so basically select 4 buttons that are easy to reach and ignore the rest. The images of the link page shows which 4 buttons people mostly use, 3 in the top row and one in the bottom row.

Most popular setups are the following where X is nothing... or like... whatever you want

A B C X

D X X X

or

B C D X
A X X X

Personally I prefer the top setup but that's both due to personal preference and maining Carl for so long...

Some people use buttons next to the bottom left button for taunt if you're using Tao or something... or just for swag.

I personally prefer not using a single button macro for like throw, barrier, RC or OD just because it takes your hands off the buttons that matter. If you're pressing your designated barrier button and need to throw, you need to move your hand around to get to your throw button or back to BC.... not cool.