Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tigre

[UNIEL] Akatsuki

v65aDXY.jpg

Introduction
Welcome to the Akatsuki thread! Please discuss character strategy, combos, match-ups, and other relevant topics here. Please also feel free to post up any questions you may have about the character as well.

Akatsuki Wiki Page

Notable Players
Senaru
GROVE
Notsu

I'll try to keep this post updated with most recent videos, combo vids and gather any info we can come up with. Feel free to post any links of your own so I can update it here. Here are a few match vids from notable players:

Notable Player Videos

Senaru:

vs Waldenstein

vs Carmine

vs Yuzu

vs Hilda

vs Vatista

vs Seth

GROVE:
vs Hyde

Notsu:

Various Matches

Character Match Videos *UPDATED 7/27/14 

Hyde

7/12/2014 UNIEL Pasopiādo Store Intrasquad

6/30/14 Omiya Spica Matches

6/30/14 Omiya Spica Matches

5/26/14 Omiya Spica Matches

Linne

Waldenstein

Carmine

Orie

Gordeau

Merkava

Vatista

Seth

6/16/14 Omiya Spica Matches

Yuzuriha

7/21/14 07/21/2014 UNIEL Combat Echizen Tournament

6/16/14 Omiya Spica Mayches 

Hilda

6/16/14 Omiya Spica Matches

5/26/14 Omiya Spica Matches

Eltnum

Chaos

6/7/2014 UNIEL: Senaru(Akatsuki) vs Motochika(Chaos)

Akatsuki

6/15/14 Omiya Spica Matches

Nanase

Byakuya

Combo List

Combos can also be found in the UNIB wiki

Basic Combos

5A>5A>5B>5C>6C>214B>j.236C

2B>2C>5C>j.A>j.B>j.214B

6B>2B>5C>j.A>j.B>j.214B

(Near the Corner)2B>5B>5C>6C>Dash C>5B>j.A>j.B>j.214B

(Corner)2B>5B>5C>6C>(Dash)>5C>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>j.2C>2C>236A>41236D

2A Starter

2A>5B>2B>5C>6C>(Dash)>2C>5C>6C>22B

2A>5B>5C>6C>(Dash)>5C>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.2C>5C>6C>214B

5B Starter

5B>5C>6C>2C>6C>214B

5B>5C>6C>(Dash)>2A>5C>j.B>j.A>j.C>5A>6C>22B

5B>5C>6C>(Dash)>5C>6C>214B>CS>j.2C>2C>5C>6C>22B

5B>5C>6C>Dash C>Dash C>5C>j.B>j.C>j.A>5B>6C>214B

5B>5C>6C>(Dash)>5C>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.2C>5C>6C>214B

5B>6C>Dash C>5B>5C>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.B>j.C>j.A>5B>214B

5C Starter

5C>6C>66C>5B>5C>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.B>j.C>j.A>5B>6C>214B

6C Starter

6C>(Dash)>5C>214A>5B>j.A>j.B>5B>6C>22B

6C>6C>236A>Delay 6C>236A>6C>214B

6C>6C>236A>(Microdash)>Dash C>214B>214C>CS>j.2C>5B>5C>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.B>j.C>j.A>5B>6C>214B

6C>5C>236A>214A>5B>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.2C>5C>6C>214B

6C>236A>5B>236A>214A>5B>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.2C>5C>6C>214B

6C>5C>236A>(Dash)5C>j.2C>5C>5B>236A>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.2C

6C>5C>236A>(Dash)5C>j.2C>5C>5B>236A>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.A>j.B>j.C>2A>5B>22B

6C>236A>5B>236A>(Dash)>5C>j.2C>5C>5B>236A>5C>214B>41236D

6C>(Dash)>5C>236A>Dash C>(Microdash)>5C>236A>(Dash)>5C>j.2C>5C>6C>214B

6B>2B>5B>236A>214A>5B>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.B>j.C>j.A>5B>6C>214B

j.2C Starter

j.2C>5C>6C>236A>(Microdash)>6C>236A>(Microdash)>6C>214B

j.2C>5C>5B>236A>5C>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.B>j.C>j.A>5B>6C>214B

Armor-Piercing Kick Starter

214B>236C>5B>236A>5C>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.B>j.C>j.A>5B>6C>214B

214B>CS>5C>5B>236A>5C>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.B>j.C>j.A>5B>6C>214B

214B>CS>5B>6C>236A>(Microdash)>6C>236A>6C>214B

Human Pressing Cannon Starter

22B>CS>j.2C>5C>5B>236A>5C>(Vertical jump)>j.B>j.C>(Diagonal jump)>j.B>j.C>j.A>5B>6C>214B

I'd say Akatsuki's beginner friendly in terms of combos and game plan is heavily based on rushdown. He does struggle to get in against most of the cast, but can apply great pressure/frame traps once he's in. His projectile has decent horizontal range/speed for zoning and has a DP (although I don't ever see it used much). You'll also be blocking a lot so he requires patience to play.

I just noticed that his DP's input is 22A/B, and thought that it's so awesome to have a DP that beats cross-overs, but then remembered that this game doesn't have those  :v:

Apparently Aka struggles with most of the cast. Why exactly, he doesn't really seem like a bad char from what i usually see in vids

He is not inherently bad, but he seems to be out of his element in this game. He lacks adequate mobility and ranged normals/specials (outside of fireball) in a game where mobility and neutral is important. He isn't terrible but the player will have to be patient getting in to start his momentum. Although watching the Hilda and Yuzu matchup can be pretty disheartening lol. I'm probably gonna be working to main Akatsuki since I like the classic unarmed play-style in a game full of weapon/supernatural characters, but I'll have a pocket Hyde for the more depressing match-ups. 

Yea Im mostly looking to play Yuzu and Linne, but seeing Akatsuki in action, he feels like a good character to learn defense, patience, and fundamentals. Plus his unarmed fighting style is just super badass.

Pre-Match Character Description:

He disguises. To accomplish the duty he is assigned. For his country he loves.
The soldier was supposed to be dead. Fighting demon that woke up after half century.
The body with hidden secret. The forever war.
  Why has he strayed into this night. The detail unknown. No need to know.

^ DEEEEP Q_Q

Side note, I dono if anyone has any game experience, but we should start discussing some Akatsuki matchup strategy against the rest of the cast. I feel this char would really step up your game.

^ DEEEEP Q_Q

Side note, I dono if anyone has any game experience, but we should start discussing some Akatsuki matchup strategy against the rest of the cast. I feel this char would really step up your game.

I'm hoping that's the case. I plan on sharing any bit of matchup knowledge gained, along with gathering everyone's notes and making it in the reserved post.

Everyone outspaces him and mostly do more damage as well. He has a lot of trouble doing things to the entire cast. Especially in neutral :/... Have fun playing him though, I know Senaru's Akatsuki is definitely the strongest.

I still feel Akatsuki has potential, despite his short range normals and odd mobility. I also plan on playing Orie and Akatsuki will probably help supplement my fundamentals in UNIEL.

@HiguraShiki - I'll start discussing more on MU's once I get my hands on the game.

Everyone outspaces him and mostly do more damage as well. He has a lot of trouble doing things to the entire cast. Especially in neutral :/... Have fun playing him though, I know Senaru's Akatsuki is definitely the strongest.

True, but he has pretty good pressure game and frame traps. I mean his pressure isn't as good as maybe Linne but it's pretty high up there I think.

One more day until "CHESTO!!"

Technically it's supposed to be released today actually. Since Japan is 10 hours ahead of American time, the 24th should be around 2PM (at least over here on the east coast). 

Welp, that's even better.

Also, I dono how our connection would be but I believe since we're both east coast, we should have a decent connection. It'll definitely help with sessions.

Toast for some good training ahead. From the high level play I've seen, Akatsuki is better than people say.

Sounds like a plan and I'll add you on PSN when I get home. Hopefully the netplay will be good, with us both being EC. 

On another note, I've been stalking HydeGaming and Jourdal's YT pages for more Akatuski vids but they've been hard to come by as of late.

Sounds like a plan and I'll add you on PSN when I get home. Hopefully the netplay will be good, with us both being EC. 

On another note, I've been stalking HydeGaming and Jourdal's YT pages for more Akatuski vids but they've been hard to come by as of late.

For the moment we'll have to work with what we got. The most important thing atm would be good blockstrings/frametraps and character matchup advice.

Maybe this could also work to your advantage, though, since no one will know how to fight him :D