Tigre

[UNIEL] News & Gameplay Discussion

v65aDXY.jpg

News & Gameplay Discussion
Welcome to the News and Gameplay discussion. Have any interesting news about upcoming events? Want to talk about the game in general? Here's your thread!

DO NOT DISCUSS GAME SHARING

My bad. Wording is a bit bad... They say it would ruin the fact that there's supposedly an even amount of playable male and female characters. If Tsukuyomi would have been added they would have needed to add a second male character to the game to keep the character selection balanced = more stuff to be created = in the end, console version would have been even more late.

Oh, I see. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Although it's still a bit of a strange reason since right now there are 8 males and 6 females, so adding Tsukuyomi would make the roster more balanced by that line of reasoning.

But it's like you said, they probably just don't have the time to add her if they want to release the game next Thursday.

Also, yay for new sub-forum! Are we going to get a separate topic for each character like the Arcana Heart forum?

Also, since the other topic is locked now, do we still have a general discussion thread? Should I be posting questions like this here? 

(EDIT: AnnelFrank answered my above question in the other thread. Thank you!)

- Currently the release is planned for Japan only, but we're thinking of releasing the game in the rest of Asia later. I'm sure it'll be liked by the anime fans of Taiwan, Hong-Kong and Singapore.

I'm hoping this is specifically talking about localization for the rest of Asia in chinese/english and that the japanese version of the game will be on hk psn on the same day as japanese psn...

Pretty sure BBCP was on both regions PSN on the japanese release date.

UNIEL got 29/40 in famitsu according this weeks scans, I wonder about their opinions of the game.

It's Famitsu, so I wouldn't worry too much about it, lol

And yeah, BBCP was on HK and JP PSN stores at around the same time; and since there's a general Asia region option for importing, it'll probably be same day on the HK stores as well.

UNIEL got 29/40 in famitsu according this weeks scans, I wonder about their opinions of the game.

Probably that ASW/Fbread didn't give them enough money to get a 40/40

Do we have any rough release window for the NA version, again?

Yea the most info we got on NA release is 2015. Jap release is July 24th so im just gonna get the PSN version and then the english for the hell of it.

I know i might be opening a can of worms, but, Who's the most high risk high reward rushdown oriented character in the game? Huge damage is a plus.

Pls respond

I know i might be opening a can of worms, but, Who's the most high risk high reward rushdown oriented character in the game? Huge damage is a plus.

Pls respond

I think that would be Akatsuki.

Pls respond

I'd go with Seth. He needs to put himself in difficult situations against some of the cast. The payoff is that you get one knockdown and run the whole match with virtually unreactable mixups that reset into 50/50 oki

...please play Seth. There are so few of us..

I've heard some people complain that matches go on for too long, but honestly, I kind of like it.

Time overs happen, but not as often as you might think for a game where even matches consistently go into the last third of the time. The fact that it gets close to the end of time but doesn't actually time over that often tells me that the game has a very balanced meta game. Plus, it gives the GRD wheel time to complete more cycles.

I've heard some people complain that matches go on for too long, but honestly, I kind of like it.

Time overs happen, but not as often as you might think for a game where even matches consistently go into the last third of the time. The fact that it gets close to the end of time but doesn't actually time over that often tells me that the game has a very balanced meta game. Plus, it gives the GRD wheel time to complete more cycles.

I would have no problems going to the wire if both parties still maintain offense. I got tired of playing USF4 because the delay wakeup mechanic has slowed the game down to oblivion the amount of time outs are ridiculous and waiting on either side of the screen for someone to move is really not my style. I'm hoping the full transition to anime fighters and playing my all time favorite game i have been waiting for since it hit the arcades will remedy that for me. If the matches last long but i can maintain pressure, blocking matters, and it becomes a game of skill and reads i will be really really happy. 

I like time overs when they're at a good level of infrequency. It really adds a level of depth when your opponent is on the defensive and you're forced to chase them down to at least get the life lead. Especially when that leads to really tense situations where the clock's about to run out and you barely get the hit you need to clutch it out, it's a great feeling. I think that's exciting for spectators too.

I think that would be Akatsuki.

Why's that? And to add to my question, who's closest to ABA in this? :v:

I'd go with Seth. He needs to put himself in difficult situations against some of the cast. The payoff is that you get one knockdown and run the whole match with virtually unreactable mixups that reset into 50/50 oki

...please play Seth. There are so few of us..

Not a fan of speedsters or grapplers, but i'll give him a try when I get the game.

It would make since that Linne is used a lot finding videos for her are very easy, that being said are those stats based on the arcade cabniet itself or is it linked with all the other ones? according to that Gordeau has no bad MU and chaos has only bad MU. I'm happy that Linne is pretty consistent and her bad MU would be who i thought it would be.

The thing that you need to be careful about with those "tier lists" is how you feel about tier lists. These arcade generated results are just that, results of human players. This creates a very good idea of how players are actually handling situations in the game.

A lot of people think the idea of a tier list should be based on the absolute highest level of play possible, and that's just not possible when dealing with data like this. For instance Chaos could actually be the best character in the game and the most popular, but because of the volume of players, if 95% of them are bad and lose the data is going to get skewed. Of course this isn't the case, but without any supplementary info it very well could be the case.

tl;dr this data is awesome, but take it with a grain of salt. Players are human, they make errors in matches.

The thing that you need to be careful about with those "tier lists" is how you feel about tier lists. These arcade generated results are just that, results of human players. This creates a very good idea of how players are actually handling situations in the game.

A lot of people think the idea of a tier list should be based on the absolute highest level of play possible, and that's just not possible when dealing with data like this. For instance Chaos could actually be the best character in the game and the most popular, but because of the volume of players, if 95% of them are bad and lose the data is going to get skewed. Of course this isn't the case, but without any supplementary info it very well could be the case.

tl;dr this data is awesome, but take it with a grain of salt. Players are human, they make errors in matches.

Thanks i will take that to heart it was interesting to see how players are handling certain charc so far, but i understand now that it should not be the end all be all of what a charc potential could really be. That being said i wonder if there will be any difference from how western players use charc in UNIEL form how JP handles it. A lot of Linne look the same and linear with her BnB but i wonder if there will be any variation here and difference in how we approach a charc fundamentally. 

Why's that? And to add to my question, who's closest to ABA in this? :v:

Carmine, I suppose? He spends life on his specials and can put on insane pressure for days, though to be honest, he doesn't feel that "high risk" to me despite the cost of his moves (it's not like he has ABA's "Get knocked down and die" weakness). But hey, the rest of the cast is even less likely to be what you're looking for.

Pls respond

Carmine.