Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[P4AU] Rise Kujikawa Gameplay Discussion

This is the Rise Gameplay discussion thread where all things concerning gameplay can be discussed (including stuff from videos you see in the video thread!). Be sure to be respectful of one another and to follow the site rules.

Picture of Rise's Movelist (Thanks Sourenga!)

Rise's Palette 1-18 (Thanks again, Kurushii!!)

Rise's Moves

[collapse]

Normals

5A - Rise kicks the bottom of her microphone stand slightly forward
5AA - Rise leans forward and slaps downward
5AAA - Rise does an upward strike
5B - Throws her microphone stand forward. Seems unsafe on block and the overall duration of the move makes it undesirable to whiff if the opponent jumps over it but the microphone throw itself controls a good amount of horizontal space.Can detonate the musical notes if it hits the note

2A - Rise pokes down at an angle in a kiss blowing motion. The kiss blow itself makes a tiny heart come out that goes a bit further than her hand. 
2B - 2 hits. The first is a low, the second has head invuln for anti-airing. Moves Rise forward. Can detonate the musical notes if it hits the notes

jA - Rise leans her microphone upwards for a single hit
jB - Rise twirls the bottom of her microsphone stand downward in front of her at a 45 degree angle. Has a lot of hitstun/blockstun because of the multiple hits from the twirl. jB can also detonate her musical notes
j2B - Falling butt slam similar to Potemkin's jD. Adds a 2nd hit on landing. Possibly has slow startup

Persona Normals

5C - Himiko fires a tiny fireball horizontally towards the opponent from her sattelite speakers. 2 hits. Can dash cancel to get in on block

2C - Himiko sends out the satellite speakers, going around in a circle and low to the ground. Has a good amount of hitstun/blockstun from the spinning speakers constantly hitting the opponent. Also, fires a tiny projectile horizontally forward at the end of the spinning

jC - Himiko fires a tiny fireball 45 degrees downward 

5D - Himiko summons a satellite speaker in front of Rise at around knee level. The speaker fires a green scanning laser horizontally across the screen as it rises to about just above instant air dash height. Long startup but good space control and on hit, it puts the scanned condition on the opponent that buffs her Platinum Disc and Risette Field. 

?D - Unconfirmed input. Himiko summons a sattellite speaker in front of Rise in the air above her at about instant air dash height. The speaker fires a green scanning laser horizontally across the screen as it descends down to around knee level. Long startup but good space control and on hit, it puts the scanned condition on the opponent that buffs her Platinum Disc and Risette Field.

jD - Air version of 5D

j?D - AIr version of ?D

System moves

Throw - Rise pulls the opponent close and then shoves the opponent away. Throw puts opponent into a spinning state, gives them charm status and is comboable in the corner

Air Throw - Rise grabs the opponent and slams them down into the ground with her knees

All Out Attack - Rise whips the bottom of her microphone stand down on the opponent

Sweep - Rise uses the microphone stand to hold her up as she sweeps her legs forward to sweep the opponent

Furious Action (Reflective Bit) - Himiko summons a barrier in front of Rise that'll block all attacks. After a set amount of time, Himiko will send electricity in front of the barrier that will electrocute the opponent. If the opponent hits the barrier, the electricity will come out immediately in response. However, because hitting Himiko's barrier still counts as an attack getting blocked, opponent's can cancel into DPs.

Guard Cancel - Same animation as No Touching! but without the wall bounce

Skills (Specials)

ROCK YOU! (236 A/B/SB) - microphone shout that knocks down, summons notes that can be detonated later by normals or with ROCK YOU! if it makes contact with the notes. shout can hit opponents. notes have no hitbox until detonated. Notes are multi-hitting when detonated (6-7 hits), giving lots of blockstun and hitstun. Special note: Once musical notes are already on the screen, new ones will not come out unless the old ones are detonated or disappear on their own. 
- A Version:
- B Version: Longer startup but the notes travel across the screen as far as....?
- SB Version:

No Touching! (214 A/B/SB) - Rise does a clumsy push forward, not an overhead, wall bounces. Can detonate the musical notes if it hits the notes

Platinum Disc (236 C/D/SB) - Himiko shoots a big blue disc horizontally that goes a set distance in front of Rise before coming back. The disc does 7-10 hits(?). If the opponent has the scanned condition from getting hit by a D attack, then instead of doing it's usual trajectory, the disc will lock on to the opponent. Even with lock on, the disc won't go full screen though. Seems to only go about 2/3rds of the screen. Regular version is good for corner combos. Scanned version can trap the opponent in hitstun and blockstun for all the hits of the disc. 
- C Version: Only goes as far as in front of Rise
- D Version: Goes farther. About a 1/3rd of the screen?
- SB Version: Can be used to extend combos.

Tetrakarn (214C): Creates a shield in front of Rise that auto pushblocks strikes. Rise must block the attack to get the pushblock effect. Shield is on a timer and will go away on successful pushblock, if you get hit or if the timer runs out. Note: The move has a cooldown period where it can't be used again after being used. It is indicated in the HUD as a gray version of the usual meter. 

Makarakarn (214D): Creates a shield in front of Rise that auto reflects projectiles. Rise must block the attack to get the reflect effect. Shiled is on a timer and will go away on successfull reflect, if you get hit or if the timer runs out. Note: The move has a cooldown period where it can't be used again after being used. It is indicated in the HUD as a gray version of the usual meter. 

Arrow Rain (22 A/B/SB): Himiko has the satellite speakers fires a barrage of lasers up into the air. After a small delay, the lasers will come back down at a distance determined by the button pushed. Has a lot of hitstun for easy confirms. Can be comboed into in the corner
- A Version: The barrage of lasers come down right next to Rise
- B Version: The barrage of lasers come down at the other side of the screen
- SB Version: The barrage of lasers tracks and comes down wherever the opponent is

SP Skills (Supers)

Hysterical Slap: Enraged, Rise lunges forward with an initial slap. If the first slap connects, she will proceed to mercilessly barrage the opponent with slaps until she finally winds up for one final slap that ground bounces the opponent. 
- A Version:
- B Version:
- SB Version: Start up invincibility but leaves Rise in a berserk state for a short period. 

Risette Field (236236 C/D/SB): Summons 4 satellite speakers that orbit around Rise for a period of time. By pressing C or D, you can make the speakers appear near the opponent and blow up. If the opponent has the scanned condition from getting hit by one of Rise's D moves, the satellite speakers will automatically appear around the opponent and spiral around them. The satellites go away if Rise gets hit. Note: The move has a cooldown period where it can't be used again after being used. It is indicated in the HUD as a gray version of the usual meter. 
- C Version:
- D Version:
- SB Version: 

(Awakening) Risette: Live On Stage: Unblockable attack that on hit traps the opponent in containment field between two speakers. The Rise player must then play a rhythm game to determine how much damage the move will do. Getting a perfect score does 5900 damage. The move can be DPed on reaction to the super flash.
-
- SB Version: The hard version of the Rhythm game based on comments from Atlus people on the Atlus stream

Instant Kill

True <3 Story 

Sources:

UltraChenTV Ultimax Episode

AtlusUSA second Ultimax stream - Twitch archive

shtkn's Impressions from Anime Expo 

Evo Notes/Impressions by Beno (@benothebeno)

Some personal impressions from watching good Rise players at Evo

[/collapse]

----------------

Looks like our idol finally has a forum so I thought I'd start the gameplay discussion thread so we can start compiling all the info from E3, Anime Expo and Evo in one place. If someone else was already lined up to do this, please lock and delete this topic moderators. I'll go through the News and Gameplay discussion thread and round up what I can tonight to put here in the opening post. Feel free to post up your impressions and discoveries here as well!

Rounded up what I could from the news and gameplay discussion thread! If you have anything else to contribute or any corrections, post them up!

Hmmm, look over the list of stuff and what I saw at Evo this weekend, Rise might be a tough character for some to play. jB might be her best normal in terms of speed and reach right now, with the rest of her non-persona normals being sort of eh in terms of their hitbox. Feels like the 5B microphone stand throw could use some experimenting with though. Feels like there's more utility than meets the eye there. 

EDIT: Also, I wonder what her dash and hop cancellable normals are. If 5B has a dash cancel, we might be able to get in to start pressure from a blocked or hit 5B from certain distances. 

Probably mention that her ground throw at the very least inflicts Charm.

Her j.A looks fairly good, it's kind of like Teddie's with its multiple hits and long hitstun. Might be worth checking it out.

jA is Rise spinning her microphone. it is a multi-hit normal, very similar to Relius' jA in BB

EDIT scratch that, it's actually her jB, her jA is just her leaning her microphone upwards . It looks very similar to the middle of the animation of the twirl, except for the position of her legs,  but it's a single hit move !

From watching the EVO stream, it seems that Rise's j.B can eat through Naoto's 2B for a CH for free? Might have something to do with how early the Naoto player used 2B though.

Only a few people actually used Arrow Rain's SB version but the rain auto tracks on the opponent. :D

is that when analyzed or just what the SP version does?

jA is Rise spinning her microphone. it is a multi-hit normal, very similar to Relius' jA in BB

EDIT scratch that, it's actually her jB, her jA is just her leaning her microphone upwards . It looks very similar to the middle of the animation of the twirl, except for the position of her legs,  but it's a single hit move !

Cool. I've added it to the OP. Thanks for the info guys!

From watching the EVO stream, it seems that Rise's j.B can eat through Naoto's 2B for a CH for free? Might have something to do with how early the Naoto player used 2B though.

Hard to tell without seeing the footage but could've been they timed 2B too early or did it too late for the 6-8 head invuln to kick in. Not getting the spacing right on the 2B also feels like it could be a problem with jB's multi hit. It might be possible for one of the first hits of jB to whiff in the head invuln > Naoto's 2B whiffs > Naoto trades or gets bopped by one of the later hits of jB. Needs testing. Might be better to do Naoto's new Venom Zapper/Blight special instead in these cases since it has quicker and more head invuln (4-19)? Also, needs testing. 

is that when analyzed or just what the SP version does?

Just the SP version. If I recall the only moves that change after Analyze are Plat Disc and Risette Field

Arrow Rain is our go to oki I'm assuming? It's really good for what it is, may not be Chie good but to lock down for two to three hits is more then enough to go in for mix-up.

palette 2: Ganguro

palette 7: Weiss
palette 8: Satsuki Kiryuuin (most likely not since Satsuki has blue eyes)

paeltte 11: I-no
palette 12: cell-shaded
palette 13: black and white
palette 14: Was vintage the right term for this style?

im glad im not the only one who thought It was Satsuki. . .

also what is Risette Field again? I thought it was her reflector sheild

im glad im not the only one who thought It was Satsuki. . .

also what is Risette Field again? I thought it was her reflector sheild

Risette Field is the orbiting satellites

doesn't rise's 2A involve her sending out a heart?

Im pretty sure that is standing C, also could we put the evo notes in the OP?

yeah I know, the one with himiko sending out a satellite projectile, but in the evo streams, her 2A involved her crouching and sending out a little heart

If you have a link to the evo notes you're talking about, I can link it in the OP or put stuff from it into the OP or both. Though, I should mention I'm purposefully avoiding listing pressure strings, setups, etc. that people have found.

yeah I know, the one with himiko sending out a satellite projectile, but in the evo streams, her 2A involved her crouching and sending out a little heart

Possibly. I've only ever seen it used up close. Do you have any footage from Evo of the 2A sending out the heart?

If you have a link to the evo notes you're talking about, I can link it in the OP or put stuff from it into the OP or both. Though, I should mention I'm purposefully avoiding listing pressure strings, setups, etc. that people have found.

Possibly. I've only ever seen it used up close. Do you have any footage from Evo of the 2A sending out the heart?

http://www.twitch.tv/madcatz/b/547061949

right around 2:21:10 the rise was using 2A in corner pressure, you can see the heart coming out, hope that helps

Thanks guys! I've updated the info for 2A. I've also added a link to Beno's evo notes to the OP but it's a long read so I'll have to go through it for new info tonight. In the mean time, there seems to be a lot to discuss in these notes at a glance so...feel free to discuss! I'll give my thoughts later after I update the OP.