Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluesilo0511

BB:CP beginner. Need some assistance

Hi Dustloop community,

I used to play BB in its first iteration as Rachel, but I've been interested in Platinum and Lichi for BB:CP. I tried running through the tutorials and got the basics down, but whenever I jump online I'm getting slammed. 

I'm trying to use an arcade stick. I have the SSIV Regular edition stick and some of the buttons seem to stick. Not sure if that's effecting my game. I also enjoyed using Naoto in P4A, so maybe another distance character might help. Are there any suggestions on who I should look into or perhaps some other tips I can use to get better?

I have a hard time entering the commands in challenge mode. Seems like a can't string together a combo. 

Sticky buttons are a big issue on that stick, and while they're probably not the reason you're losing, they're going to be an impediment to you getting past the things that ARE making you lose.  The good news is that they are cheap and super easy to replace.  Any of the 30mm snap-in buttons like the ones HERE will do nicely and will last you a long, long time. The actual process of replacing them is super simple and there are tutorials to be found on youtube.

Otherwise, you probably just need practice.  Spend time in training mode until you feel comfortable with what your buttons do, and can do some sort of basic combo about 75% of the time - I suggest something super simple like Platinum's (5A/2A > ) 5B > 5C > 236B.  Then play some games.  Heck, play the CPU.  Or just set the CPU on like... 80% or something in Training Mode with health regen on and just keep at it until you can land your combo.   Then play. Then pick a new combo to learn and repeat.

It's a long, long road to competence, and sadly, learning combos is just a small part of it - most of it is just picking stuff up by playing, so play a lot, make friends, relax and have a good time.  Particularly that last one, because if you don't, you're defeating the point.

Thanks for the reply. I was spending some time in practice mode last night and the feeling of nailing a combo was great. 

I'll look into those replacements. Sounds like a plan. Thanks for your help. 

I'm Bluesilo on PSN if your ever available for a match. 

Glad to help out;  I'll add you if I ever get back to my PS3. (by which I mean "probably tomorrow sometime.")