Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broccoleet

Where do i start.?

I dont know that much about fighting games really but i always loved renting fighting games back and the days for casual playing.I want to try to learn Blazblue CP but i have no idea where to start. I tought i should start by learning some basic "revovler" action but i am having trouble finding good tutorial/video about it.

i want to learn mu-12 as she seems to be a fairly good place to start with(i love taokaka/litchi/rachel but man do they seem hard to learn).

For an almost complete noob where should i begin?

Where can i find more about mu-12 revolver/b&b combos?

Im sorry for asking something that has probably been asked a million times before but the sheer amount of information available about bb(and the fact that i have no idea if anything carry over from one bb game to another) feels very overwhelming.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Well dustloop have dedicated threads to specific characters like Mu12 if you look around, the revolver/gattling info can be found on the wiki pages as well.

Mu12 threads

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forum/136-12/

Mu12 dustloop wiki

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mu-12_(BBCP)

Basically a revolver/gattling in this case is buttons that can be pressed one after another, an example of that would be for Mu12 you can do 5B 5C 3C.

What you really should work on is learning key fundamental concepts of fighting games like footsies and spacing cause those things are universal to all fighting games.

Mu12 dustloop wiki

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mu-12_(BBCP)

Basically a revolver/gattling in this case is buttons that can be pressed one after another, an example of that would be for Mu12 you can do 5B 5C 3C.

What you really should work on is learning key fundamental concepts of fighting games like footsies and spacing cause those things are universal to all fighting games.

The wiki is a pretty decent reference for this, though honestly, you could do worse than just going to challenge mode for a little bit and doing some of the earlier combo challenges.  I wouldn't necessarily worry  about a combo first though.

Also, the suggestion that he "work on is learning key fundamental concepts of fighting games like footsies and spacing" is terrible, simply because it doesn't give him any information on what he should actually do.  Here's a hint. You CAN'T "work on this";  This is just something that you learn by doing.

So here is my super beginner guide to getting started with Blazblue:

#0: Choose a character.  It doesn't matter who, just pick one you like.  You have chosen Mu. This is a good choice. (All characters are good choice, except Makoto. :P)

#1: Drop into training mode and practice your character's moves - just stuff like 236A, 214D, etc. (Uh. If you don't read numeric notation, here is a guide).  Mu has a couple that are a little bit tricky, but you need to be able to do all her specials at least 75% of the time.

#2: Pay a visit to your character's Tutorial.  It'll give you a quick rundown of a few useful tips.

#3: Play against the CPU for a while.  Learn how your normal moves and special moves WORK.  Don't worry about what combos into what, just worry about stuff like "If the opponent is a ways away from me, use 5C. If they are jumping in, use 2C, I can do mixup with 2B and 6B."

#4: NOW learn one combo.  For Mu, something like 2B > 2C > 5C > Sword of Destruction. (Disclaimer: I don't play Mu, this combo may be a bad choice. Ideally you probably want something off 5C, but I dunno what the options are there).  Do it in training mode until you can hit it at LEAST 50% of the time.

#5: Play against the CPU some more. Practice actually doing your combo when you hit the appropriate move.  You will fail a lot. Get used to it.

#6: Get in there and play some real people. You'll lose a lot, but you'll learn.

#7: Watch your replays and try to figure out what you're doing wrong.  Also, try to identify a situation in which you don't "have a combo" (i.e. "I hit with 2C anti air, but didn't know what to do next").  Go back to step 4 and learn a combo for that situation.  Repeat steps 4-7 until infinity, pretty much.

At any time in this process, you should feel free to play against real people, but you probably want to get to at least step 3 first.

Whatever you do, do NOT worry about "learning key fundamental concepts of fighting games like footsies and spacing" because you will be doing that organically as you play and analyze your replays to find your mistakes (DO NOT skip the "watch your replays and figure out what you did wrong" step.).

Wow i didnt know the wiki had so many video links for every combos thx :)

I should do allright with most of the key fundamentals. i somewhat played a lot of SF alpha 4 / killer instinct back in the ps1/n64 era.

But i am really new to blazblue.

--------------------------------------------------

Wow thx for the list Airk haha that will help greatly.

All the sources the others have posted are huge help. I also recommend watching some match videos from tournaments to see how you should play your character and/or learn to cover up a certain weakpoint. If you play against someone who beats you over and over, save a replay or 2 like Airk stated and study them for mistakes in your play. Match-up knowledge is very important in Fighting games so you may need to study alot of replays if you are struggling against majority of the cast. 

Good luck! :)

Im really not ready to go online hehe so no replay for now :).im still trying to get some basic down,i switched to bullet because her combo seemed easier to learn and i find her really fun to play .i dont really care thats shes low tier.

i did watch a good load of video and bullet seems hard to play in many match up haha. kinda sad there were so little bullet last evo : (. Too many kokonoe ><.

i can't play that much these days so im still trying to nail down her basic combo JC ~ 5B ~ 5C ~ 41236C ~ 236D ~ 5B ~ 6B ~ JB ~ JC ~ JD   or the (variants)  but i just cant seem to be able to land that last JD no matter what.. it always gets blocked and i am unsure if i just lack enough speed in my execution or if im doing something wrong hmph.

Usually the rule of thumb for combos is "If the move comes out but didn't combo, do it sooner, if the move doesn't come out at all, you did it too early."

practice every move mu-12 has with dustloop wiki

Than use dustloop combos and whatever else they have

Inside they're weapon caches..

The wiki is to know all counter hit and link attaccS

And to get famliar with all your moves for your character

Dustloop is for comboing and becoming stronger and stronger!!!!!

And they also have what wiki has too ...