Anne

Persona 4 Arena Q&A Thread

Is there any chance where going to get colors 25-29 for regions outside of Japan? We did get the magazine colors for BBCP right?

Also what is the easiest way to input Thunder God Dance with consistency? And does anyone have any good setups for use during a match?

Yeah, but this is Atlus, not Aksys, we don't know if we might get the mag colors, cause we didn't get it for P4A stateside, but hopefully we do, cause we did get the BBCP Alter Memory LE DLC sets as DL DLC. (Still kinda stupid CPU characters in Golden Arena has access to it anyways. >_>)

Also, TGD is mashable (except on the double button and charge move sequence), I'm not kidding, pull it off in Training, and see for yourself, but yeah, you can time it too if you wan't. I dunno any good setups for that, but if anything like Jourdal's gif of that 100% combo that inlcudes the TGD, then yeah, its something! X3

I've managed to beat courses A and B with Elizabeth (I used Mahamaon to defeat boss Elizabeth), I'm stuck on course C trying to defeat Minazuki. Spamming 5C doesn't really work out for me as he usually uses a super to get out of it and the shuriken move makes it really hard to use Mahamaon without getting hit before it triggers.

I think a guide on how to beat each character in their boss form would be helpful (In my case)

Just watch his meter and stop spamming when it reaches 50

Just watch his meter and stop spamming when it reaches 50

Thunder God dance isn't even difficult in itself. Slowly go through each command and it'll save you from the stress of mashing. The hard part is ladning the damn thing, then again I don't play Yu so I don't know combos into it.

Also, do navigators only carry over if they've been purchased? I had Mitsuru and Teddie from P4A,but they didn't transfer. Apparently my friend, has some he never purchased that did carry over. (I still think he forgot and just bought them)

Do navigators only carry over if they've been purchased? I had Mitsuru and Teddie from P4A,but they didn't transfer. Apparently my friend, has some he never purchased that did carry over. (I still think he forgot and just bought them)

If you mean unlockable from P4A to P4AU (like in a save bonus or something, but Ultimax doesn't have it), no, but as DLC, yes, that will transfer over.

So how exactly do you turn auto-pass off? I can turn it on just fine, but I don't see a way to turn it off.

You have to wait until everyone is at the lobby screen and hope nobody presses buttons, then go back into the start menu and turn auto pass off the same way you turned it on.

If people keep immediately starting matches you'll be stuck in auto pass hell until you leave the room.

Depends on what kind of combos. Mitsuru, Sho, Minazuki, Kanji and Teddie have easy midscreen BnBs (Mitsuru's is basically her autocombo), but someone like Marie has easier higher-damage corner combos since her combos have very similar sections for each of them, just pieced together differently or with extra moves.

It also does depend on your playstyle. Charge characters like Mitsuru, or timed releases like Yukiko, can be easy for some and a pain for others.

I know someone mentioned Navigators a page or two back, but has it been confimed if you can unlock Fuuka and Nanako Navis in-game if you didn't already purchase them for P4A?  I just got a new PSN card, so I can buy them if I have to, but I'd like to save the money, even if they're really not THAT expensive, if I can get them some other way.  Also, thanks for that NeoStrayCat, I figured that was the case, since I didn't have Teddie, whom I had unlocked in the original P4A when I started up Ultimax.  I figured that was the case, but it 's nice to have that confirmed.

Depends on what kind of combos. Mitsuru, Sho, Minazuki, Kanji and Teddie have easy midscreen BnBs (Mitsuru's is basically her autocombo), but someone like Marie has easier higher-damage corner combos since her combos have very similar sections for each of them, just pieced together differently or with extra moves.

It also does depend on your playstyle. Charge characters like Mitsuru, or timed releases like Yukiko, can be easy for some and a pain for others.

thank you!

Is there a way to fight the final boss as any character in the game? Or is the final boss only limited to story mode?

Only Story with Yu, Labrys, and Adachi in their respective chapters.

I found score attack easier in this game since you can restart. Best method would be to just get a round off of them and auto combo them or something until they get in the corner.

Perform a sweep combo and then go for instant kill. They will almost always get hit by it. Elizabeth is tough because just even getting the one round was a pain for me. main tip i have for Score Attack Elizabeth until she awakens is run towards her and roll a lot so you can get a counter/fatal every time cause she will constantly use 5C when you run towards her(note: She might use 5D so don't think you will always get by without getting grabbed.)

You also will most likely break her persona cards and if you do that when she barely has any health in awakening, you're golden(though she will abuse her counter more often now so watch out for it.) if she is in awakening always come in through the air and never the ground. You'll just get grabbed

and either die or be near death(it's instant so you can't jump it on reaction. Atleast i was never able to). 

Also if she has a burst and you get hit by it in awakening and she heals, you may as well give up that round and try again.

I know it's late, but i abused these tactics until i was able to get past the 3 risky score attacks with boss elizabeth. final risky score attack is easy cause the final boss is Yu.

Can you cancel a dash into blocking a la Blazblue? If so, are you locked into blocking only high for a few frames? I've done dash block low and been hit high before.

Per this, you can't cancel a dash into a block or (empty) crouch, and the recovery is 2F. You can cancel into attacks, DP, roll, etc. though.

But this means 3 frames not being able to block :v:

Actually 8 frames, since you also can't block for the first 5 frames of being airborne.

This might be a naive question, especially since the game seems a lot more rushdown oriented than others, and it is definitly a lot to ask since it will take some typing to answer, but:

What gameplayare the characters ie who is rushdown, who is vortex, zoner, and on?  In lieu of that, a brief summary of the characters would be cool as just getting into it, they all feel a tad same-ish though I know that is likely not the case.

Awesome, that is exactly what I was looking for.

My next question and one that is far more subjective.

How is the balance?  This is my first P4A game, but I had always heard there was a huge difference between competitive tier and everyone else (which may or may not have been a fair statement).  Is that the case in P4AU?

It's probably more balance except for the SSS tiers 'cause everyone became a lot more ridiculous. Top tier is still dumb as fuck, though.

It's probably more balance except for the SSS tiers 'cause everyone became a lot more ridiculous. Top tier is still dumb as fuck, though.

I'd much rather deal with Yu in this game than Yu in the last game.  Some are definitely better than others but overall the tiers seem a lot closer than in the last game where it was pretty much Yu + Chie + Aigis on top and everyone else was crap.