Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HKSpadez

having execution problems. character suggestions?

hey all,

was a jin main in BB and decided to give unib a shot. any suggestions for a good char with a low execution barrier? I would like to pick someone easy to pick up just to learn the game and its basics first and then move onto some other ppl later.

I was planning on trying out seth but from what i hear it seems he has a rough time in this game.

If learning the basics is what you're after, you can't go wrong with Hyde. Basic sword shoto with good sword normals and starting combos. Seth is pretty technical and probably not the character you want to play if you're looking for a low execution barrier. 

ah ic. i tried looking into hyde. had a bit of trouble getting down his 236B -> 236A -> 66C

that 66C was messing me up. but might just need a bit more time in lab. it kept whiffing for me. maybe not dash danceling soon enough

ah ic. i tried looking into hyde. had a bit of trouble getting down his 236B -> 236A -> 66C

that 66C was messing me up. but might just need a bit more time in lab. it kept whiffing for me. maybe not dash danceling soon enough

I don't play Hyde, but from what I've seen you have to actually delay the 66C a bit so that they are at the right altitude. 

Hyde, Linne, Akatsuki and Gordeau are all pretty damn easy to use.

Merkava is too, but he doesn't sound like he plays the way you want your characters to play.

You cannot go wrong with Hyde, honestly. I've just tried all the characters and he seemed to be the easiest to use execution-wise. Nanase seems fairly easy too, but she has some more complex mechanics that you probably don't want to learn just yet.

Pick Hyde. Pick Hyde.

Or you can always go in and learn Seth, which is what I'm doing. Never been the most technically sound player but I did go out of my way to learn Order Sol. Once you go hard, you can learn whoever you want.

I think Gordeau is easier than Hyde, honestly. Not that Hyde is too difficult but he does have 3b/2c links to worry about and the whole delayed rekka thing, plus he's somewhat low tierish.

So I guess in order of ascending difficulty I would say Gordeau > Akatsuki > Linne = Hyde. Nanase and Merkava ain't that hard either.

But just play Seth, honestly. If you can commit to learning him you will no doubt end up a better player.

Hyde's basic combos are super easy, but advanced ones aren't easy at all.

I'd pick Gordeau. He looks easier and is way stronger.

My execution problems were TERRIBLE when I started BBCP for example I couldn't do a simple Izayoi combo 2B>5C>236B it was so hard for me but I played other characters got past my problem and everything is fine.

So the lesson today kids is that you can play any1 you want and you will get passed your problems.   

Thats all for today and goodbye!!! 

(kids in the background waving and say goodbye)

My execution problems were TERRIBLE when I started BBCP for example I couldn't do a simple Izayoi combo 2B>5C>236B it was so hard for me but I played other characters got past my problem and everything is fine.

So the lesson today kids is that you can play any1 you want and you will get passed your problems.

X3

BBCP actually improved my execution thanks to these challenges, ha.

On topic, pick Hyde or Akatsuki for an easy execution character.  Hell for Akatsuki you don't even need a DP motion for DPs. 

BBCP actually improved my execution thanks to these challenges, ha.

On topic, pick Hyde or Akatsuki for an easy execution character.  Hell for Akatsuki you don't even need a DP motion for DPs. 

>.< simple execution like dp's and stuff isnt my problem. its mostly the weird timing this game has. like... on seth doing 236C~C -> 6C where u have to delay the 6C a split second. and then 6C->236B -> 214A and there has to be a delay before 214A as well. that stuff really throws me off. im use to like.. marvel combos where u just press them fast as u can and ur solid lol

This game definitely has some weird timing stuff where you have to delay a bit.

You really just need to grind it out and practice to get things consistent.

>.< simple execution like dp's and stuff isnt my problem. its mostly the weird timing this game has. like... on seth doing 236C~C -> 6C where u have to delay the 6C a split second. and then 6C->236B -> 214A and there has to be a delay before 214A as well. that stuff really throws me off. im use to like.. marvel combos where u just press them fast as u can and ur solid lol

Oh i feel you, i have hard time on some Yuzu's combos, positioning and timing are a throw off indeed

I'm going to go ahead and suggest Nanase. Like you said, I'm used to Marvel-esque characters who don't need to bother with timing and delays, and she fits that bill perfectly. The bnb I've been using (2B>5C>236A/B~6C>charged j.C>j.BB>j.2B>2C>214A~A) has only one part that is slighty tricky (the charged j.C after the 6C follow up to swordcar), but 10 minutes in training will work the kinks out.

And all her combos are really like that. Her oki is also pretty easy to understand, and can be set up very easily (again, looking at that bnb; just switch out the 214A ender for a j.236B right after the j.2B hits).

It was mentioned by iBek3n that she has some complex mechanics; I'm assuming they're referring to her float, but it's really not that bad. Yeah, I guess you can use it in some advanced ways, but you'll be fine without them. Honestly, for a while, I think you'd be okay if you just used it as a way to jump cancel blockstrings into her j.236B, just be mindful of your GRD.