Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kirah

[AC] KJT > KJ(FRC) Crossups and Mixups

I've seen these used in combo vids, and i've decided to put these in my fighting style. I'm more of a flashy Jo, using (5K>6P > DBT > DB) one hits. Even though I know flashiness is no where near as good as effectiveness, but I'm flashy effectively though that's besides the point. I made this because I want to see how everyone felt about these and does everyone else use these here are a couple of setups i'm working on and what does everyone feel about them? (All are guarded, Also depending on the time you use KJ after KJT will effect placement.) #1 2D> MC> 5K (JI) 5H> KJT > KJ(FRC) > J.K (Crossup) > etc. #2 (Meaty) 2K > 5c.S (JI) 5H > KJT > KJ(FRC, Puts you behind opp.) > AD Back > J.S > etc. #3 Ji'd Gatling > KJT > KJ(FRC, puts you behind opp.) > AD. Back > J.HS (Mixup) > 2D or Etc. Notes: Number 3 is a mixup within this mixup, since your so close to the ground J.HS startup animation comes out, but the J.HS doesn't hit so this can trick your opponent and you can go low or high, or even throw. You guys might already know about that Mixup, but i'm just clarifying and these are just some options the possibilities with this is endless.

for #2 i didnt have a lot of luck with it..often time i get CH'd out of the airdash before the cross-up. i am assuming this is done on standing&blocking opponent?

Yes, this assumption is correct, unfortunately I haven't been able to use this in combat. My group members aren't that experience they're still learning combos and I really can't go to my local arcade since i'm still mastering the arcade stick I still play on pad..

For #2, you also have to remember that j.S does not hit crouching opponents (or, at least, never from my experience) so it would only be viable if opponent is standing and blocking. You could also do DB FRC after KJ for additional mixups e.g. gatling (JI'd)>KJT>KJ FRC>DB FRC>IAD k etc.

I didn't even think about that, i'm going to practice today anyhow so i'll try an develop more stuff for myself and present it to you guys. I want to get ready for NEC hehe.. ^^:yaaay:

also gotta keep in mind of character height.... may/br/ba are a pain to cross-up.substituting a j.k might help as it also has the ability to cross-up to a certain degree.

For #2, you also have to remember that j.S does not hit crouching opponents (or, at least, never from my experience) so it would only be viable if opponent is standing and blocking.

You could also do DB FRC after KJ for additional mixups e.g. gatling (JI'd)>KJT>KJ FRC>DB FRC>IAD k etc.

2 frcs for a mix-up? thats unheard of:yaaay:

Yeah, i'm practicing rightnow and i'm trying to figure out the proper spacing so that after the KJ(FRC) will fall into a J.K crossup or J.S to omit the AD.B if I can. Edit: I Just found one, you have to KJ right after the KJT to get it. 5K>5c.S> MC > 5K(JI)5H> KJT > KJ(FRC) > (Crossup J.S) 2nd Edit: Correction you don't have to KJ right after KJT, it's a little bit after so that it pushes the opponent back into the proper placement for JO to J.S crossup. Still trying to find stuff for J.K.