Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Psykotik

[CP2] Carl loketest discussion

-This thread is for posting any "confirmed" changes made to Carl in the loketests for BBCP 2.0.

-If you have any information to post please give some kind of source or reference of where you got that information.

-I will update this thread as more information is found.

-This is NOT a wishlist thread, do not post anything remotely like that.

Carl CP2 Loketest Changes:

Loketest 1 (Aug 7-10)

- Carl 2D has more startup

- Carl 3D is no longer a low, does 6 hits

- OD Cantata does 2343 damage

- j.C groundbounces, causes soft KD

- j.B attack level reduced

- CT has less untech time: float is way too low to do long combos.

- Opponent falls faster after Brio wallstick; much harder to follow up Brio

- CT > 46[D] > Lv2 6C doesn't work anymore

- Throw > cOD > Fermata does 3k

- Opponents can air tech Fermata

- All jump cancels on block are gone

- OD 4D is supposedly weak to 3 hit (multi-hitting?) moves

- 2A is no longer a low

+ First hit of 4D is a low

- 4D probably doesn't have armor

- 2D startup increased: supposedly takes 3 in game seconds after the input for the move to hit

- 6C untech time shortened

- Throw untech time decreased: Throw > raw OD > crossup j.2C doesn't work

Final changes (this may or may not include some loketest changes, assume the loketest changes are retained unless said otherwise)

+ 4D is now 3 hits, the first 2 of which are lows

+ Anima now has super armor

+ 6C can be cancelled before the hit

+ 6A, 5B are both jump cancellable on block

+ OD Fermata buffed to 1400 minimum damage

+ Gear minimum damage buffed

+ 6D is faster, causes slide on ground hit

+ 3C is apparently faster now

+ j.C > j.214C combos

+ 3D is a low

+ 5C > 6C gattling added

- Fuoco travels much further now

- Hitting grounded opponents with 3D forces crouch, still ground bounces on air hit

- Anima, 4D, 2D supposedly have shorter combo times

- j.C untechable time reduced; no longer KDs at higher altitudes

- j.B attack level nerfed

- Brio wall stick time shortened significantly

- Fermata can be air teched

- Volante meter usage increased

- 2A is not a low

- 236B no longer has projectile invincibility

- 5C > Rhapsody of memories does not combo; RoM might have more startup

- j.2C is no longer special cancellable on block

- 4D no longer has armor

6C has crush guard properties now: breaks regular guard, barrier blockable

- B Vivace lost projectile invul

Carl: 
- 3D not a low or overhead anymore.
- 2D has more startup. 
- j.C seems to bounce you twice ???????? (I'm reading this wrong right lmao)
- OD Cantata = 2423 damage

Loke test changes are a joke so far

The changes for most characters are ridiculous so take these changes with a grain of salt. Highly doubt most of these things will stay

Shoutouts to @TENMA0105 for translating this. I'll highlight new info

- OD Cantata graphics looks cool
- 4D probably no armour
- 3D, 6 hit all mid 
- 2D, 3 in-game second startup, stops after swinging up
- Brio, wall stuck but immediately recover, CH will wall-stuck and slide down
- Volante and Anima, no change
- Brio no change
- OD no change
- jump cancel after blocked normals (doesn't specify air and/or ground) taken out
- charge 6C, tech time shortened
- jC doesn't down at all
- Throw: down time shorter, making raw OD -> crossup j2C impossible
- CT: float is way too low to do long combos 
- Alegretto no change

Thank you @TENMA0105 for the translation.

I tried using online dictionaries last night to translate and ended up with things like "In raw OD, j.2C no longer flips."  lol

He.. is funny how much dmg can do to us one loketest.... If the changes stay on CP2, with sadness i will also have to drop this character U_U.

He.. is funny how much dmg can do to us one loketest.... If the changes stay on CP2, with sadness i will also have to drop this character U_U.

W...wow... It legitimately breaks my heart to see this... One if my favourite Carls potentially dropping him

After looking over the video, I can say that Carl is still pretty dangerous; the change to tenerezzan if it is still in the game might prove an issue for future unblockable resets, but it should still be possible. Even after removing 3D as a low, the change done to 4D making it a low still gives us potential, doesnt mean the end of the world. For swapping 3D & 4D, there is a 4frame difference between the two moves. 4D being slightly faster, means that you will need to delay it for the UB reset to work. In the original UB reset set-up, you would need to release 3D and the first ja almost simultaneously. Well since 4D is faster, one would only need to release 4D after the first ja instead of at the same time. So the new UB reset should be done as follows.

IAD>ja>ja>jb>j2c>ja>release 4D>ja>jc or jb/4D reset. Which, in my opinion, is slightly easier. This UB reset is much more reliable because the first his of 4D has a 3hit hitstop. Making it much easier to see if the person was actually hit, meaning easier confirms. Remember, this is possible if and only IF the changes to tenerezan still allow for the 5c>46D>IAD>jaja to combo. If the hitstun nerf makes this no longer possible then another setup for the UB must be made. 

The only other changes that I see that truly hold weight are the 6C changes.This allows for more pseudo UB setups where the opponent has to guess either to DP, block low, block high, eat the UB, or CA

As it stands right now if Carl does 5b>6B>fuacco/6C charge. The opponent could DP or use some inv move, hell, they could even just mash 5a. Now that we can cancel 6c with A, to return to neutral that means are legit 6c>UB resets just got better. In legit fucco/volante>6C UB resets the opponent could always IB DP out. Now, we can bait it for even more dmg. Our UB mixup now just got a lot less yolo. 

The only changes that i really care to know if they are still there are this:

- All jump cancels on block are gone.
- Opponents can air tech Fermata.

Loosing our jump cancel on block, will mean that ours blockstring with literally go to sh%@, and if the opponent can air tech Fermata the only use that will have that DD will be for endeing the opponent.

Also, it seem that 2A really lost the property of hitting low... Not a big deal, but still will affect us.

The new 4D seem to be nice, could be a nice replacement for the lost of 3D hitting low, and 6C being able to cancel it into throw or low will give us a couple option more for doing mixup.

From the jp post that was translated it said CT>46D>6c lv2 wouldnt combo. This would only be possible if 46D had a hitstun nerf, a slight nerf, but a nerf nevertheless.