Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speakeasy

Charge characters

I want to play Vatista. How do I learn the sacred art of the charge character?

If that was no info, I'm looking for general tips on execution for combos with charge moves, how to know how long you need to charge to get your move, how to hide your charges in neutral, things like that. I don't even know where to start.

I know you're supposed to block low to charge your [4]6 and [2]8 specials simultaneously, but I don't like turtling like that because it tells the opponent exactly what I'm doing.

I dont know much about UNiEL, but I main charge chars since SF4, so I could be of some help.

1. holding 1 will charge moves that involve [2]8 and [4]6 moves. The opponent shouldnt have you blocking low.

2. If youre using like a 5B or something in youre combo, hold 4 insead (unless 4x does a different attack entirely.) So you can hold your charge mid combo. You could also buffer a flash kick by holding 3 while dashing. (Kagura experience.)

3. Charge times are different each game, like I said I dont know about UNiEL, but you may have to modify your inputs to accommodate for the amount of frames the game asks of you.

Not sure if this info helps, Im an intermediate player at best and my knowledge shows.

Just some general charge info I came across.

how to know how long you need to charge to get your move,

I'm pretty sure the Vatista thread already has it somewhere in there but you can find out yourself in training mode due to the input display showing the frames you hold an input.

It's in there. 61 for bombs, 43 for drills, 53 for everything else (Dere).

If you're going to pick up Vatista, expect frustration. I've been playing her since the uniel launch and, while she's really fun to play, it's hard trying to open an opponent up and perform very exact combos on confirm when your opponent is just slamming their face against their stick with Hyde/Orie and raping you in the corner with 3k+ combos and oki. Of course, I'm completely new to charge and negative edge characters, so I'm probably having more trouble than others. (I know there is probably more to their combos than that, but after dealing with Vatista's stuff, everything else feels that way..)