Sign in to follow this  
pulsr

GGSlash May: Match-Up thread

i find that you will be spamming the highly unsafe 3k move against slayer, if we could get an IB dolphin that would be the i win sadly we cant do that.

against anji 2hs is your friend

i find that you will be spamming the highly unsafe 3k move against slayer, if we could get an IB dolphin that would be the i win sadly we cant do that.

against anji 2hs is your friend

vs anji I find myself doing 5H the wrong direction about 800 times a match and against slayer I find everything I do getting countered and punished bad

Does may have any safe options when fighting slayer?

vs anji I find myself doing 5H the wrong direction about 800 times a match and against slayer I find everything I do getting countered and punished bad

Does may have any safe options when fighting slayer?

Against the Slayers I've played, 3K has worked wonders. However, I don't think the Slayers I've played have been particularly good. Your mileage may vary.

And obviously it isn't safe, heh.

Me: Gunflame, you never give me any damn advice; you're always helping the other guy!

Gunflame: That's not true! I told you to attack Slayer's ankles!

Edit: Hey look Pulsr and I agreed on something! High five!

Against the Slayers I've played, 3K has worked wonders. However, I don't think the Slayers I've played have been particularly good. Your mileage may vary.

And obviously it isn't safe, heh.

Me: Gunflame, you never give me any damn advice; you're always helping the other guy!

Gunflame: That's not true! I told you to attack Slayer's ankles!

Edit: Hey look Pulsr and I agreed on something! High five!

Yeah, when I win vs slayer it is because of 3K, but good slayers know to block low. And if they block a 3K and you don't rc it they will do something like S,mappa (I think that is what the attack is called), then go to town from there.

Yeah, when I win vs slayer it is because of 3K, but good slayers know to block low. And if they block a 3K and you don't rc it they will do something like S,mappa (I think that is what the attack is called), then go to town from there.

cause the moment you hit axl its like 80%... god you can dolphin his ass all day.... that and and his chain whiffs if you just run at him lol if you do 6p on his wake up and he does bomber GG

cause the moment you hit axl its like 80%... god you can dolphin his ass all day.... that and and his chain whiffs if you just run at him lol if you do 6p on his wake up and he does bomber GG

the only problem with using 2d on slayer is that alot of slayers game is actually done outside of 2ds range (Just barely) and whiffing against slayer is free footsies for him too, so that kinda suxs as well. meh the match up is actually pretty brutal may really has a hard time here... i just run around and use hoops not much slayer can do about it.

sadly fighting alot of the top tiers is a bit heavy on turtling except for eddie on eddie you are rushing his dead ass down.

my general rule is if they can outzone you you have to rush them down ;p if you can zone them you play turtle (safest most reliable way of winning)

the only problem with using 2d on slayer is that alot of slayers game is actually done outside of 2ds range (Just barely) and whiffing against slayer is free footsies for him too, so that kinda suxs as well. meh the match up is actually pretty brutal may really has a hard time here... i just run around and use hoops not much slayer can do about it.

sadly fighting alot of the top tiers is a bit heavy on turtling except for eddie on eddie you are rushing his dead ass down.

my general rule is if they can outzone you you have to rush them down ;p if you can zone them you play turtle (safest most reliable way of winning)

Things not to do against Slayer:

-5K on wake up

-3K when he isn't in the middle of a pull back thingey, mappa, pile bunker, etc

-6P when you are in slayer's 2k range

That's all I can think of for now, but it seems May has a lot of other really unsafe options vs Slayer though.

Things not to do against Slayer:

-5K on wake up

-3K when he isn't in the middle of a pull back thingey, mappa, pile bunker, etc

-6P when you are in slayer's 2k range

That's all I can think of for now, but it seems May has a lot of other really unsafe options vs Slayer though.

(Need Help)

I need tips on mad rushdown.

The only two in my rushdown arsenal are:

1. K, (S©,) S(f), IAD, j.S, j.H

2. 5H, 66 (2P) 5H.

Both are holeish beyond grief.

(About Slayer)

I have only played moderate-level Slayer players -- I don't know how the big boys play -- but these are some observations I've picked up:

1. Slayer can suffer horribly if he spends time in the air. 6P and 5H (6H if he's acting dumb) tend to beat his air attacks, save overdrive.

2. 2H does good things against Slayer if he tries the dash-and-grab okizeme crap (2H hits both ways). Loses to his dash-and-6K (hopping mid) okizeme.

3. If you're brave, you can run up and OHK him out of Dandy Step; even though he briefly teleports, he can't pass through you on the forward slide, so he runs into the OHK. However, good Slayers do not throw out random/unsafe Dandy Steps, or will stop doing so very quickly.

4. I was able to remove some of the safer Dandy Step options by spamming 5H at just beyond 5H max range (i.e. whiff range). 5H sets up a scary-fast CH-happy shield and if it trades with any of Slayer's pokes, May pulls ahead. The recovery is also fast enough to block a retaliatory Pilebunker (watch for his Dandy Step). AFAICT, defensive 5H loses to Slayer's 2D, (fast) Mappa Punch, and near forward teleport/dash (teleport behind May).

5. If you're really really brave, you can 6P his Dandy Step moves, but 6P looks like it loses to the fastest BDC Pilebunker. And if you eat a CH Pilebunker... well... hope you got that BURST meter full...

6. Slayer has very few gatling options (many links and combos, but not gatlings), so a really annoying tactic against Slayer is to leverage May's gatling ability by running up and going 2P 2P 2P 2P/2K and:

(a) 2D or 2H or 5H, then run away.

(b) 2D or 2H, into Dolphin

© run up 2P 2P 2P, run up 2P 2P 2P, ...

(d) 5H, run up, 2P 2P 2P...

(e) (5H, run up) OHK

(f) 5H, 5H, (5H), run away or run up 2P ...

I've used 2P to stuff just about everything Slayer threw out, from pokes to Mappa Punch to Dandy Step crap. Loses to BDC Bite, so the goal is to pressure before a BDC opportunity opens.

Mind you, I've only played mid-to-low level Slayers, so I think most of my strategies will fall flat on its face at tourney-level play, but I figured I may as well share what I [don't] know.

(Need Help)

I need tips on mad rushdown.

The only two in my rushdown arsenal are:

1. K, (S©,) S(f), IAD, j.S, j.H

2. 5H, 66 (2P) 5H.

Both are holeish beyond grief.

(About Slayer)

I have only played moderate-level Slayer players -- I don't know how the big boys play -- but these are some observations I've picked up:

1. Slayer can suffer horribly if he spends time in the air. 6P and 5H (6H if he's acting dumb) tend to beat his air attacks, save overdrive.

2. 2H does good things against Slayer if he tries the dash-and-grab okizeme crap (2H hits both ways). Loses to his dash-and-6K (hopping mid) okizeme.

3. If you're brave, you can run up and OHK him out of Dandy Step; even though he briefly teleports, he can't pass through you on the forward slide, so he runs into the OHK. However, good Slayers do not throw out random/unsafe Dandy Steps, or will stop doing so very quickly.

4. I was able to remove some of the safer Dandy Step options by spamming 5H at just beyond 5H max range (i.e. whiff range). 5H sets up a scary-fast CH-happy shield and if it trades with any of Slayer's pokes, May pulls ahead. The recovery is also fast enough to block a retaliatory Pilebunker (watch for his Dandy Step). AFAICT, defensive 5H loses to Slayer's 2D, (fast) Mappa Punch, and near forward teleport/dash (teleport behind May).

5. If you're really really brave, you can 6P his Dandy Step moves, but 6P looks like it loses to the fastest BDC Pilebunker. And if you eat a CH Pilebunker... well... hope you got that BURST meter full...

6. Slayer has very few gatling options (many links and combos, but not gatlings), so a really annoying tactic against Slayer is to leverage May's gatling ability by running up and going 2P 2P 2P 2P/2K and:

(a) 2D or 2H or 5H, then run away.

(b) 2D or 2H, into Dolphin

© run up 2P 2P 2P, run up 2P 2P 2P, ...

(d) 5H, run up, 2P 2P 2P...

(e) (5H, run up) OHK

(f) 5H, 5H, (5H), run away or run up 2P ...

I've used 2P to stuff just about everything Slayer threw out, from pokes to Mappa Punch to Dandy Step crap. Loses to BDC Bite, so the goal is to pressure before a BDC opportunity opens.

Mind you, I've only played mid-to-low level Slayers, so I think most of my strategies will fall flat on its face at tourney-level play, but I figured I may as well share what I [don't] know.

Things to do vs Slayer:

-he is vunerable to whales when in his foward teleport, I believe he is also vunerable during the backwards one, but I'm not 100% sure, I'll have to test

-you can do an ohk to slayer when he does his 236236H super: this is the most satisfying attack in all of #R