Sign in to follow this  
pulsr

GGSlash May: Match-Up thread

@Purrin

I dunno. I think Anji has as good of a chance throwing you from his hop as you do. It's always been a 50/50 chance for me, so instead I've gotten the habit of charging down after blocking fuujin, and reaction vert. dolph. land c.S>5H>vert. dolph etc. when I see the hop.

I pretty much get a throw off him from that little hop everytime. I'd like to think he has the throw disadvantage since he's landing from the air, that just makes sense to me, but I honestly don't have 100% facts to back that up. It certainly seems like it though as I pretty much get every throw when I remember mash it out.

I'll have to try throwing out a dolphin tho. Good stuff

anjis 236k is advantage, and is overhead, IB it and throw is an option (hs throw) or just do what i do air throw it.

Ok pulsr i need help beating your sol. im scared to get near sol cuz fear of VV anything i did against you seemed like u could just vv anything. im guessing no 3k against sol cuz after you block it u can punish easily. Don't know what else to do. I guess turtle, which i need to practice on cuz im to impatient.... he can VV anything may has i think any dolphin.

so yeah i need a strategy on beating pulsr's sol.

I have a rule i follow with every character when i fight sol.

- Every move is a volcanic viper!

what does that mean? assume after every knock down sol will VV assume everytime sol gets close there will bea VV assume everytime he jumps in he will VV.

So, now you have to figure out when can sol VV you

Jumping in with VV is a pretty bad idea but it will work if you dont have your AAs straight. Remember that sol has to get pretty close to do a volcanic viper as long as you keep spamming k s, iad back sol will have huge difficulties getting in.

Sol has problems with people that can zone, and may can zone quite well just keep him out and know the situation when he can VV you and will do a lot better.

Oh yeah don't forget i played may and i know her inside and out... so i know where you can go XD

yeah big mistake on my part, tyring to get in on sol to do damage, which led to my downfall. should have just did damage little by little by doing kicks and 2S

Guess i should have switched to Anji or Potemkin. But i don't think the anji vs. sol matchup is any better than against may.

As a Sol player, May really REALLY bothers me. The only thing that punishes dolphins efficiently is VV and sometimes 5S, and when you miss VV it's FREE 6P TIME LOLOLOL. Most of Sol's stuff trades/clashes with May (excluding VV), but trading with May is almost always not in your favor, and after the trade, she gets up way faster, so you're at a disadvantage and blocking her gay rushdown shit again. 5D is slow, but just when you think you're done blocking dolphins and iron, you get clipped with her wrist and go flying for 40%. She's so damn short that 5K totally whiffs a ducking May unless it's done point blank. RR is confusing as hell to punish unless it goes off far away. 2H works on her j.2H, but only if it completely misses. Sidewinder randomly catches dolphins, but they're so damn fast you need psychic powers. 3K gets punished on block nicely, but if far enough away, there's really nothing past a 2D -> GF Sol can do about it. Basically the match boils down to block string trading until someone screws up, as both have decent AA and I know I'm crazy scared of getting hit by 6H. It isn't VV-able IIRC, and it tracks or some crazy shit, so even if you manage to go over before it launches, you'll get a face full of iron. Going offensive on May only gets me killed.

with sol, pok more with 5H from far away. Against 3K, use a 5H for a counterhit vs crouch from far away DP all j.2h's, she can't stop doing it once she's started so its a free VV. 5H will also stop dolphins before they come out.

yes post anti may strats that are already pretty bad :P IMHO sol typically out damages may through out the match and thats how he will win, and i would stay away from doing to many random HS' because it is easily footsied

Yeah, when I win vs slayer it is because of 3K, but good slayers know to block low. And if they block a 3K and you don't rc it they will do something like S,mappa (I think that is what the attack is called), then go to town from there.

wait you can block, mappa a 3 kick from may in her delay?

As a Sol player, May really REALLY bothers me. The only thing that punishes dolphins efficiently is VV and sometimes 5S, and when you miss VV it's FREE 6P TIME LOLOLOL. Most of Sol's stuff trades/clashes with May (excluding VV), but trading with May is almost always not in your favor, and after the trade, she gets up way faster, so you're at a disadvantage and blocking her gay rushdown shit again. 5D is slow, but just when you think you're done blocking dolphins and iron, you get clipped with her wrist and go flying for 40%. She's so damn short that 5K totally whiffs a ducking May unless it's done point blank. RR is confusing as hell to punish unless it goes off far away. 2H works on her j.2H, but only if it completely misses. Sidewinder randomly catches dolphins, but they're so damn fast you need psychic powers. 3K gets punished on block nicely, but if far enough away, there's really nothing past a 2D -> GF Sol can do about it. Basically the match boils down to block string trading until someone screws up, as both have decent AA and I know I'm crazy scared of getting hit by 6H. It isn't VV-able IIRC, and it tracks or some crazy shit, so even if you manage to go over before it launches, you'll get a face full of iron. Going offensive on May only gets me killed.

Then you are playing Sol completely wrong.

Sol has a huge advantage against may since anything May does can be punished by Sol.

Sol outpokes everything May

Sol is easily probably her worst matchup in slash

add jam to the list also

if sol , ky and jam players are having difficulties with may...level up urself

ac is out, wt do u guys think about the gap?

ac is out, wt do u guys think about the gap?

IMO there will be a bunch of high tier characters and a grip of characters that won't be able to compete.

If you haven't noticed almost everyone can turn their random hits into 30-50% life. IMO that is a bad thing, people that already had difficulties getting in STILL have difficulties getting in and that means they will die that much faster just trying to get in.

May is obviously better but at the same time she still functions the same and still has her same problems. A lot of her hits don't lead to anything scary. Luckily she's a tension whore and can probably do something creative and win the match like you would normally x.x

IMO there will be a bunch of high tier characters and a grip of characters that won't be able to compete.

If you haven't noticed almost everyone can turn their random hits into 30-50% life. IMO that is a bad thing, people that already had difficulties getting in STILL have difficulties getting in and that means they will die that much faster just trying to get in.

May is obviously better but at the same time she still functions the same and still has her same problems. A lot of her hits don't lead to anything scary. Luckily she's a tension whore and can probably do something creative and win the match like you would normally x.x

Was that meant for the AC thread?

I think Sol is a huge problem for May...I like str8 fightin with her...Dazzin people and hittin dem with half life combos...but when I fight Sol, I alway seem to be runnin from this dude and I don't like that...What are some ways to get fight Sol without havin to run all the time...

~1~

run around till you have 50% tension use k,s,2s for pokeage NEVER go for a repoke after this just float a round once you have the tension use 3k to your advantage because now you have a move that he cant deal with and you can RC it to make it safe. just make sure to use 3k at his poke range 2s or his far slash after you knock him down bait like a mad man chances are after a 3k you aren't in a situation where you can use a meaty jump in which is very important when you fight sol. If sol begins to use his hard slash just run around and kinda bait it once it whiffs you should be able to hit him hard.

may vs sol is a lot of running away, but its not like you so faust getting hyper aggressive either.

How is the matchup against Millia? don't know if it's been discussed already but i tend to lose to her alot, she has to many mix ups and crossovers.

>_<

Can you be more specific?

i am dead serious just do it a lot. the only thing you have to worry about is him charging in and summoning. Trade blows and zone him and will have one hell of a time.

Millia isn't very bad just stay on the ground and try to clip her in the air with dolphins. You have the advantage ground vs ground