Sign in to follow this  
Jet Set Dizzy

AC: Matchups

Alright, more stuff on Testament (with everyone gone for the summer it's practically my only matchup, except for the very occasional Johnny) Testament can NOT badlands loop Dizzy, she is also one of the trickier characters for him to knock down, thus harder to crow her. Warrant is not effective against Dizzy pressure almost at all anymore, due to it being easier to have the fish cover your rear. Same with Nightmare Circular Testament pressure is crazy great for random holes. Use this until he gets careful. Ideally he should start to get second thoughts as soon as you have 50% tension. Testament can still punish fish summons with S EXE, but it seems a lot less scary now, and a better gain if you bait and punish it. j2S takes almost all his anti-air 2s still takes almost all his air-to-ground, and oki webs if timed correctly So generally, this matchup is straight up better. It's not in favor for Dizzy, but I'm going to call it 5. Compared to the 4.5/4 it was before, this is a good improvement. Is it weird that my first thought when the Maelstrom appeared in Pirates 3 was "GO RANDOM HOLE!"?

Well, technically she can be looped, it's just crazy hard compared to pretty much everyone else. That's why she's a bitch. She's too light to be knocked down easily but is still resistant to the alternative. Of course, if you do land any decent combo on her, that's half her life right there :v:

Axl match up is seriouslly a real pain in the butt (;=w=) and creating safe enough distance to throw any of Dizzy special is almost impossible w/o knocking him down first i was never thought the idea of using FBBubble thought, i think i'll use that to make him think twice before rushing me down... i wonder if a surprise ice spike would also work Badland loops on Dizzy what the heck (>w<)... but fer me Tes match up is a lot better than Axl about Jam matchup... never got any good Jam Player in my place but imho Dizzy got decent trouble w fast char... latelly i'm abusing f.s v Jhonny Divine Transport, i thought it would work wonder on jam iad... but i'm know for sure if she got melee on Dizzy, she'll kick her butt really hard (TwT)

I think Dizzy's should defenitely keep her distance from Jam. Jam is a type of character the needs to be close to win. Zone her and force her to rush herself into mistakes. ...and yes, Axl is probably my least favorite matchup between Jam, Testa and Axl. He stuffs a lot of Dizzy's game. I prefer Dizzy's matchup with Testament in AC because she has gained more weapons to beat him with.

My main gripe with Zappa is that if he gets his ghosts then he can play keepaway and force Dizzy to go on the offensive, which doesn't suit her well at all, and if he manages to haunt her then :( Also raoh is broke

another horrible matches v Robo Ky On this matches he force my Dizzy to play offensivelly or the homming missile / Rocket / anything he got under his sleeve got more and more powerfull... well it's my first time playing v Robo Ky really didn't know that his self destruct can't be nullified with anything and will couse stupid damage on hit. any tips?

I'll break down Robo-Ky matches i got beaten up(again T-T) yesterday but i got quite a grasp on how fighting a missile happy Robo-Ky player 1st dealing with his aerial Homming a well timed Air Pike, scythe / poop a bubble will clear em out... if i use s-fish most of the time i'll forced to block the left over homming missile 2nd don't rush him on aerial unless u got him otg. his j.hs follow up wouldn't be pretty if he got u on counter and ridiculouslly it has high priority, don't rely on 2s as AA to much use back dash/f.s(if u see him comming) 3rd use Ground poke A LOT Dizzy 2k will eat everything he got and ridiculouslly has good range 4th if u have tension USE IT! no matter how stupid of it just use it! spam Imperial Ray whenever u got a chance and poke a lot to prevent his command throw crazy damage 5th don't rush your fish on knock down his delayed wake up will screw your Oki 6th on max range and Robo-ky has empty tension throw a fish and rush him down 7th dealling with his Self Detonation, the most common patern that i got is throwing homming missile till 5th/4th second and then rushing down on my experience trying to run away would end up being killed try to score a knock down / throw on the last 2 second... my friend is fearless on this mode he tend to do Kamikaze attack that usually goes for his favor using this tactic probably i can nail his ass next week :P

The dizzy-matchups according to famous japanese dizzy-player Kazuki (source: his blog) 4.5:5.5 -> MI ED CH FA BA JA VE SL BR IN AB OS 5.0:5.0 -> SO MA JO AX TE RO KY 5.5:4.5 -> PO AN ZA I didnt really know where to post it, but there ya go! :I:

Sol in my Experience get really scary when he caught Dizzy on melee but very little threat if i can zone him out i usually abuse Dizzy j.s on mid air play to keep him away and then summoning h fish from a distance (watch out for his FB it's crazy fast XD)... mid arena Oki on Dizzy ^C Oki thread work great on him abbuse it... ps: me & my friend playing on Pad if there's something i miss probably Sol GV (;=w=)a

The dizzy-matchups according to famous japanese dizzy-player Kazuki (source: his blog)

4.5:5.5 -> MI ED CH FA BA JA VE SL BR IN AB OS

5.0:5.0 -> SO MA JO AX TE RO KY

5.5:4.5 -> PO AN ZA

I didnt really know where to post it, but there ya go! :I:

This more or less agrees with my assessment on the matchups I've played so far and the matchups I've tried to imagine based on previous experience. Though I'm not entirely sure about Zappa

Any tips against Sol?

Somebody correct me on this if they have better info, because I haven't played Sol since Slash, but that matchup doesn't seem all too different.

Normal stuff, really. Stay away, zone with summons poke him out of rushdowns (2P, 2K for ground. j.S, 2S for air). Don't try to get in on Sol unless you have really good cover.

If he lands you in the corner, just keep cool and block most of it (FD superjump or hole if the opportunity arises) - he doesn't really have all that much when it comes to mixups, though he can frame trap you with a few moves. What you really should be looking out for is if he seems to be going for a wild throw and then jump away/hole.

For oki make sure you have fish out to eat reversals

Don't get too comfortable with fish on wakeup-Sol. Reversal VV is still a viable option. The big thing with Sol is to watch out for IAD (feints) and to make sure to properly picked out the holes in his guard string. Choosing wrong leads to mad pain for Dizzy.

Don't get too comfortable with fish on wakeup-Sol. Reversal VV is still a viable option.

Of course it is but fish eating first hit will give you longer time to react, and a blocked VV gives crazy fun punishing opportunities ;)

i'll vote for Nehle on this :) the inability of VV to deal with cross up will makes any Sol player (me on Reload) to think million times before doing any Reversal. mid screen fish Oki is GOOD (^W^)-b about mix up on corner Sol only has 1 good and crazy fast mix up-> tkbr(frc)s/d...if u go against GF(frc) run in Wild Throw/2p2pwild Throw, IB the Gf usually i end up Throwing him and starting corner loop/poke to Knock down him with 2p,2k...

Anji

If Dizzy can capitalize on her unguardpointable attacks, she wins. She is also one of the better characters to bait guardpoint counters. Dizzy wins.

I randomly stumbled in here. What attacks are you talking about that can't be autoguarded?

I randomly stumbled in here. What attacks are you talking about that can't be autoguarded?

projectile (fish, dagger, sickle) + low attacks. Since mid attacks can only be autoguarded high and low attacks can only be autoguarded low he can't take both both at the same time

so you do low attacks while he's blocking those moves?

Pretty much. A simple example would be

Low laser fish, dash in 2k.

If he tries to autoguard the laser, 2K takes him. If he tries autguarding 2K, laser takes him. So unless he wants to give away a free combo he'll have to do standard block and give dizzy free pressure (this is of course assuming that he doesn't just jump away.)

Sign in to follow this