Sign in to follow this  
Jet Set Dizzy

AC: Matchups

Ah I understand now. good to know edit: one other thing I'm wondering about...lets say the laser fish is going to hit anji before the 2K (which I assume is what would happen)...couldn't he autoguard the fish laser and then use his new K autoguard (low body invincibility) to beat the 2K? That won't work if you manage to have the fish laser and the 2K hit at the exact same time though...but I don't know if you can do that or not. Not a dizzy player after all haha...and don't play against Dizzy players often either. So can you make the laser and the 2K hit at the same (or almost the same) timing?

(;^w^) haha... i'm not fighting and using Anji much... i wouldn't comment on this match up, but if u ask can i make the laser and 2k hit at the same time, yes i can... but i believe it's more efficient for Dizzy to alter his Atk timming with the fish for further pressure... dunno on Anji match up thought

well IMO the same timming with laser fish and 2k is pretty much pointless because off the delay of the fish is just to long (;^w^) except if i got him knocked down... but on this case i shouldn't worry with Anji Autoguard right?

Ah I understand now. good to know

edit: one other thing I'm wondering about...lets say the laser fish is going to hit anji before the 2K (which I assume is what would happen)...couldn't he autoguard the fish laser and then use his new K autoguard (low body invincibility) to beat the 2K? That won't work if you manage to have the fish laser and the 2K hit at the exact same time though...but I don't know if you can do that or not. Not a dizzy player after all haha...and don't play against Dizzy players often either. So can you make the laser and the 2K hit at the same (or almost the same) timing?

You can hit with them at the same time. You can hit with the 2k before the laser, or the laser before the 2k, so making presumptions about what will hit first is a dangerous game to play, and if the 2K comes before laser in this hypothetical situation, the laser will still cover her even if you do a guard counter.

well IMO the same timming with laser fish and 2k is pretty much pointless because off the delay of the fish is just to long (;^w^) except if i got him knocked down... but on this case i shouldn't worry with Anji Autoguard right?

I'm not sure. Thanks to fish extensions, it might be worth it to "waste" first laser if it means not having to worry about autoguard. This of course depends on how much the Anji you're playing against actually tried to guardpoint your moves.

And he can guardpoint from first frame, so unless you're going for meaty (which laser isn't), then it should at least be considered that he can do it if he wants

i Honestlly haven't got any experience against Anji and barelly touch him on ^C... i guess i'll try him a little and checking his frame data to understand his basic a little bit (;+w+)... and btw if Anji go against Dizzy shouldn't he be more aware of Dizzy Tick throw Play and try not to play defensive to much? <- and again this is just my hypothesis based on my Slash experience

You can hit with them at the same time. You can hit with the 2k before the laser, or the laser before the 2k, so making presumptions about what will hit first is a dangerous game to play, and if the 2K comes before laser in this hypothetical situation, the laser will still cover her even if you do a guard counter.

ah

excelence: Anji isn't all that different from Slash when it comes to fighting against him I would think....it's a lot harder for him to autoguard people now though...

Well, i`ve been playing against sol a bit this week, and now its easier to fight if you can zone him as some of you told me, obviously GV is still a pain, but not that much if he cant get the CL. Baiken has given me troubles, her counters pretty much mess up my Dizzy okizeme, but i`ve found that he really like to do the stab counter, so i think Dizzy`s 2D can beat it, but i havent found something to beat the superman (maybe 2s?), any ideas?

Well, i`ve been playing against sol a bit this week, and now its easier to fight if you can zone him as some of you told me, obviously GV is still a pain, but not that much if he cant get the CL. Baiken has given me troubles, her counters pretty much mess up my Dizzy okizeme, but i`ve found that he really like to do the stab counter, so i think Dizzy`s 2D can beat it, but i havent found something to beat the superman (maybe 2s?), any ideas?

You are correct in that 2D dodges Sakura (stab counter), but since Dizzy lost the 2D FRC she's at a disadvantage if Baiken FRCs her Sakura, maybe jc FD can get you out, but then you've given her momentum.

Ouren (superman) is a different matter. Unfortunately my Baiken opponent is away for a few more days, but last time I battled him, bite fish ate that too.

Real important thing about Baiken is that you ALWAYS have fish out if you attempt to pressure/oki her, if you're standing right by your fish, it will eat most counters, giving you a chance to throw or hopefully get nice CH combos.

An unprotected, blocked 2H is a dream come true for Baiken as she has all the time in the world to setup and perform a CH counter combo that will kill you. If you have the tension, 2H > Hole could prove a very successful counter bait

2S kills ALL of Baiken's jump-ins and if you get a CH it can lead to very heavy bubble loop damage. Make sure your Baiken is deadly afraid of attacking you by air. A Baiken without an airgame is a lot less fearsome.

Baiken can tech early from lots of combos, learn which ones and where so you know how to deal with it and punish her for not wanting to take the damage like a normal person :mad:

Be on the move constantly, punish her if she tries to attack you by air, and summon when you can.

Also tick throw her. A lot.

Watch out for 6K, it can't be thrown!

That's what I can remember for now, I'll post more once my Baiken friend returns and I get to work on this matchup some more

adding some information based on my experience v Baiken... Dizzy and Baiken both're excell in Defensive gameplay but what makes Baiken Really good at it IMHO is when she got melee her opponent and what makes Dizzy good at it... is Zoning play and protected Rush down :) ... most o the time on this match up Baiken was forced to play the offensive role :keke: send lot's of fish and AA her jump ins... i don't find any serious trouble with her DAA if i let the fish to do the pressure and spamming a lot of Burst/DAA bait and Tick throw stuff on knock down ... be patient on this match up and rush her down only if there's any attack that actually connect, if not pokes a lot .... Baiken is as thin as a paper... so it'll not take long to kill her btw any of u guys have ever use 2hs as AA? (;=w=)a

btw any of u guys have ever use 2hs as AA? (;=w=)a

I've used it as a joke against Potemkin :v:

But I don't recommend doing it in a real match. 2S is good enough for the task. If you CH you get a bubble loop setup and if it's an ordinary hit, you still get a decent aircombo

adding another Info about baiken Match Up... yesterday i go against Aggro Baiken :keke: and he spamming Air Tatami like there's no tommorow, instead of usual Jump in mix-up i dealling with and he got her spacing really great that render 2s useless against it, i've try 5s and i got counter launcher.... there goes at least 50% of my life bar :yaaay: ... but sadlly i think he got very few real match against person... i screw him really bad with my cross up games sigh... but if he got better with her gameplay... i think i'll get on disadvantage situation versus her air Tatami... yesterday i just play very patientlly waiting for an opening to deliver killing blow and of course if i missed it... it's pretty much i'm dead :toot: with high guard gauge that was build and Baiken Crazy damage... i'm pretty much agree with Kazuki match up ratio now :v:

If you see an IAD tatami, throw her an Imperial Ray in her face =P. No, but seriously, an agro baiken is very dangerous...specially for dizzy. Usually i throw a holding spear, just in case she starts jumping and all the stuff, the Fb homing bubble works nice here too. so, in other words, keep her away, go for the knockdown and start pressuring like mad.

err pressuring like mad? that wouldn't be wise of u v Baiken IMHO (;^_^)a, but i agree w knock down, fish, poke -> if it connect, go for another knock down, if not mix thing up but focus on Poking her to death / tick throw games :) , and when u mention fb Bubble the follow up Fish was work great :keke:

Hello I'm new here. I'm currently having a hard time vs. Jam's 6HS on wake up, its rather quite annoying giving the amount of invulnerability it has even throw invulnerability. Anyone knows a good way to avoid it without eating a crap load of CH combo.

send a fish, on most cases this will Give Dizzy a favorable Oki situation if it's on corner Fish -> 2k B&B for another knockdown If it's on Mid arena whatever u can find in Dizzy Oki thread works! Rule no 1 v Jam for Dizzy... "never melee her without Fish" :D ... but imho this is also one tough matches (;=w=)... take caution with your Zoning Play,... reckless summoning will lead to FB Puff Ball Ch ... this is the worst scenario that kill me most of the time

Guess im too agressive in my game play.

Here is a match recorded for my final matched up vs jam. I think my issue to "know when to FD" since anti-air > Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_b6UjVn5gc&feature=PlayList&p=027D1504796B4D03&index=14

Can anyone give me suggestion on how to improve my game or to somehow expliot Jam's weakness if she has any?

p.s. Please be thoughtful when critisizing

Guess im too agressive in my game play.

Here is a match recorded for my final matched up vs jam. I think my issue to "know when to FD" since anti-air > Me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_b6UjVn5gc&feature=PlayList&p=027D1504796B4D03&index=14

Can anyone give me suggestion on how to improve my game or to somehow expliot Jam's weakness if she has any?

p.s. Please be thoughtful when critisizing

I just played Jam this weekend, unfortunately not enough to get a good analysis of the matchup, but there are a few things I want to point out:

1. You add 5H to your standard ice spike combo for a little extra damage. Don't, it removes knockdown which is far more important.

2. You tend to throw backwards a lot, which is understandable since it's a little easier, but it also means you threw Jam out of the corner and that's something you should try to avoid. The only time you did throw forwards it was still away from the corner

3. Work on your midscreen oki.. I'm not even sure what it was supposed to be

4. Your corner oki seems good, but you throw out j.2S way too late (it should be as early as you possibly can efter the airdash) to be able to do another airdash, effectively destroying your mixup game.

5. Be more careful about what you summon and when against Jam. 2H > fish still leaves you at enough of a frame disadvantage to get you killed

6. As soon as jam gains more than 25% tension you should be very, very careful. Pushing the wrong button at the wrong time can prove fatal.

7. Don't tech with H :gonk: and don't use j.H as a jump-in move except for a few specific situations, j.2S is a whole lot better as air-to-ground.

This may seem a lot of complaints but they are only really minor, for the most part you seemed to handle the matchup rather well.

I'm a firm believer that Dizzy needs to play more offensively, but against Jam who can punish pretty much all of your offensive options, it's very, very much about choosing your moment, and that is usually not when she can FB Hyappo.

Anyways, those are my two cents, hope it helps in some way :)

Recovery with H is a bad habbit I must change that:keke: I didn't know about 5h losing knockback, i should remember that one. In my match in that tournament it was more of the practise the new combo's and stuff, I find it hard to do double air dash with j.2s for some reason, maybe its cause im using PAD or my jump isn't high enough or I'm not as nimble to j.2s Guess i should practise more doing double j2. dash. Spent the entire weekend vs that jam players, Still get my ass hounded. anyway, FD on wake vs Jam 6HS is good as it gives you space to avoid tick throws ectera. still working on knowing what kind of invun jam has after the first animation sequence was wondering if punishing 6hs on wake is possible if you had space. J.H vs J.2s, I sometimes find J.s2 to be ineffective as a combo starting but I will give it a try. P.S thnx for the advice

J.H vs J.2s, I sometimes find J.s2 to be ineffective as a combo starting but I will give it a try.

While j.H nets extra time with hit-stun and CH is pain, j.2S is actually very easy to combo off of. (j.2S followed by HS will generally always work) Generally, my midscreen oki doesn't change with the character as it tends to work very well. After a grab or icespike FRC:

2xHS Fish -> IAD -> reverse AD -> j.2s -> j.HS -> land -> close S -> laser fish -> K -> S -> HS -> 236HS

alternatively; HS Fish -> P Fish -> IAD - Slash Bubble -> j.HS (Pop Bubble and overhead)

2xHS Fish -> IAD -> reverse AD -> land -> c.2k etc.

I would understand if these are basic and obvious, but it's generally how I try to change up midscreen oki. Although, I tend to spam j.HS too, because, sometimes, it rapes for free.

While j.H nets extra time with hit-stun and CH is pain, j.2S is actually very easy to combo off of. (j.2S followed by HS will generally always work) Generally, my midscreen oki doesn't change with the character as it tends to work very well. After a grab or icespike FRC:

2xHS Fish -> IAD -> reverse AD -> j.2s -> j.HS -> land -> close S -> laser fish -> K -> S -> HS -> 236HS

I would suggest that you after landing either go for 2k (low) or j.P fuzzy guard (high) for mixup in case they block. If they don't of course, it's welcome to combo town - population: you

Need some input on Chip Match Up... that i'm not even sure what the hell i should do on this match up Main Grip of this matchup is ... - Dizzy will be killed in 2 RC combos or less - Chip will also Killed in 2 or less situational/Counter combos - both has fairly good speed so it'll be high speed battle + zoning and runaway games - Chip Priority will pawn Dizzy - Dizzy Fish is almost useless v Chip - Dizzy pokes was fucked up if Chip player IBing and use 2p - @ Blades is a bitch.... with this much disadvantage i should have been dead alreaddy... but actually yesterday i pawn him... and i believe the chip player, play at a bit higher level than i do (the same Chip that fucked up my Bri)... what the heck is going on? O_o any have ever experienced Chip match up?

I don't know much about this battle since I don't really know anyone who plays chip well. My guess is basicly dizzy dealing heavy damage and chips having low defence which give dizzy some sort of edge. I can't say much without viewing the match myself. I actually find S fish very useful vs. opponets who tends to jump alot.

Sign in to follow this