Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final Ultima

[CPEX] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

- 5D[2] in OD has minimal ground bounce, like. . realllly small. still knockdown status (if this makes any sense) though. 

That's what I saw was overlooked.  

Still keeping my fingers crossed that they'd either remove the non-OD version altogether or buff it.

It seems sort of strange that they would let Carl be the only character in the game with an OD only distortion outside of unlimited. I'm guessing they didn't do this with Ragna's 214214D because nobody is allowed to have less than 2 distortions and they ripped Blood Kain away from being a distortion to make it Ragna's shiny new OD.

in case anyone hasn't seen the video yet: http://www.famitsu.com/matome/bbcp/ver2_6.html

- 6A now cancellable into D moves

- GH causes stagger on ground hit

- keri age launches much lower now, able to follow up with most grounded attacks

- belial edge reverted to being usable midscreen

- 5D(2) has much lower ground bounce, but still enough for HF to connect afterwards

though to be quite honest, i'm a little disappointed in ragna's changes. they feel so lackluster compared to everyone else.

in case anyone hasn't seen the video yet: http://www.famitsu.com/matome/bbcp/ver2_6.html

- 6A now cancellable into D moves

- GH causes stagger on ground hit

- keri age launches much lower now, able to follow up with most grounded attacks

- belial edge reverted to being usable midscreen

- 5D(2) has much lower ground bounce, but still enough for HF to connect afterwards

though to be quite honest, i'm a little disappointed in ragna's changes. they feel so lackluster compared to everyone else.

In all honesty they do a marginal job of changing the character.

I am going to miss GH> 6A> TKBS stuff though

they only changed his combos, really

he probably does more damage, but as far as i can see he still plays the exact same way

i assume you meant 6B

and while you're right, that shit should have been there since day 1 of CP. even then, it still doesn't change much for his gameplay

No I meant 6A ahah, im sorry, I meant AA. Now we can 6A with a little more peace of mind. But 6B already had D gatlings as of CP

The 6A change affects 6B as well, since now you can do 6B-6A without feeling like you're going all-in on a gamble.

The interesting thing about small changes like this is that while it doesn't really change his style, it can have a huge influence on the effectiveness in certain situations. 5B actually gets buffed bigtime by these changes because now Ragna doesn't have to take as much risk to call people out for moving around recklessly in his 5B and dash 5B range. I've been fiending for 6A gatlings to be returned because of this alone, looks like someone at Arc was listening.

Yea, that I agree with. Even if he still plays the same, he can actually get something off of 6A if it's blocked now. 

Seeing as it's pretty much tradition at this point, I'm turning the location test thread into the new gameplay discussion thread. Feel free to discuss matters pertaining to Ver1.1 in the old thread, but now the new stuff can go here. The first post will be edited to include final changes as they become apparent.

Of course, there'll be new video and combo threads as the need arises too.

Does anyone remember what typical damage off of raw Gauntlet Hades was in CP 1.0 and 1.1? Because these recent vids in 2.0 are showing easy 3.5k plus off of GH for no meter, from pretty much anywhere.

Does his air throw seem different to you guys? It looks like he falls faster, or the wallbounce is closer to him.

- DbD does 900 minimum damage now

- 5B on aerial hit seems to launch the opponent much less than before, which makes 5B > 5C > 5D much easier to do

- tsuika has much faster startup

- 6B seems to have faster recovery? unsure

according to kogatan on twitter, ragna can do 5C > 6C on block, 6C got better P2, and CT can connect after 6C

also, let's not forget what nerfs ragna got as well

- OD time reduced (by kogatan)

- ax kick is emergency techable

- hell's fang midscreen is dead

- j.A > j.D does not connect anymore

- c.ID has less invul frames (by kogatan)

Thanks for the translation KayEff.  That 5C> 6C on block change sounds pretty interesting.  The ax kick nerf has me worried though  :gonk:

most aerial knockdown moves suffered the same nerf apparently, Jin's Hizansen and Hazama's j214D are also emergency techable now . Though watching some matches, it seems that you still recover before they do, meaning you can still apply pressure after they recover.

And that cID "nerf" is meaningless, as long as the invuln lasts through the active frames (partially or fully) there's absolutely no need to worry. CID will still do its job as a spectacular reversal DP.

BTW the min damage increase is for regular DbD, right?

edit: I think we have a new gatling: 2B > 6A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOAf9VLLYrE&list=PLLNrKpk47-5OnmT8Dy9PJTGpu-WOIclDp#t=440