Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Final Ultima

[CPEX] Ragna Gameplay Discussion

Damage and proration values for some moves, posted on Japanese BBCP2Ragna twitter hashtag, translated by xlolxlolx on skype:

Hell's Fang: Damage: 730 P1: 90% P2: 82%

Keri Age (GH followup):  Damage : 800 P1: 100% P 2: 75%

Belial edge: Damage: 500, 200xN P1: 90% P2: 92%

5D: Damage: 500, 680 P1:100% P2: 84% (once)
OD 5D: Damage: 500, 780  Proration same as nonOD versions

Axe kick (ID followup) Damage: 680 P2: 92%

Devoured by Darkness: Damage: 2700 P1: 100% P2: 100%,5%
OD DbD: Damage: 5400 P1: 100% P2: 100%, 5%

Opening post updated. (I update it with every change posted, but I figure I should bring it up once or twice just in case.)

Changing 5D's P2 to once only is pretty interesting. Obviously it'll help justify early-mid combo 5D > Dead Spike and other such routes. RIP (OD) 5D(1) starter though.
Hell's Fang's P1 has been increased. I guess they want Ragna to be more of a "fuck it, just do it" type of character.
Keri Age's P2 has been increased to coincide with the change in launch height improving some of Ragna combo routes.
Belial Edge has been buffed to oblivion. Doubling the base damage of Belial Edge's descending hits is pretty damn big. P2 buff is nice too.
Yami ni Kuwarero's base damage is down, but based on the earlier information regarding its minimum damage, they seem to have changed the minimum damage from a quarter to a third. If that applies to the Over Drive version as well, oh boy.

all changes taken from this page: http://www14.atwiki.jp/ragunawiki/pages/167.html

5A, 2A

- combo time decreased

- untechable decreased?

j.A

- combo time decreased

6A

- increased untechable?

5C

- vertical hitbox greatly increased

- much easier to connect 5B into 5C in the air

throw

- combo time decreased

- back throw has lower launch

soul eater

- values are 100%, 90%, 95%, 100%, 105%, 110%...150%, 160%, 180% (max)

tsuika (additional attack)

- less blowblack, resulting in less advantage

gauntlet hades

- combo time decreased?

dead spike

- less blowback on aerial hit?

devoured by darkness

- P1 changed

- minimum damage changed (doesn't specify to what)

- first hit rapid cancel-able

BK 5D

- smaller ground bounce

aerial blood scythe

- bigger ground bounce

BK devoured by darkness

- P1 changed

- minimum damage changed from 1500 to 1350

it doesn't necessarily mean the combo rating changed. it just means the amount of time before hitstun reduction kicks in is reduced. to what extent exactly, i don't know. it could just be a universal nerf to the short combo rating, since all moves with decreased combo time are moves with the short combo rating

5C

- vertical hitbox greatly increased

- much easier to connect 5B into 5C in the air

I wonder if this means that the previous note about 5B's air hit being changed was just a conclusion drawn from 5B > 5C being easier to land on air hit, or if that was true and this is just a conclusion drawn from that, or if both are true. I'll have to check out some footage later.

soul eater

- values are 100%, 90%, 95%, 100%, 105%, 110%...150%, 160%, 180% (max)

Unchanged. I think that was just there for posterity's sake.

BK devoured by darkness

- P1 changed

- minimum damage changed from 1500 to 1350

Ah, so (OD) Yami ni Kuwarero still complies to the 25% minimum damage it had before, it's just that the base damage has been lowered. Oh well.

Edit: Oh, that same page also mentions that 6C's P2 has been changed from 82% (once) to 92%, 92%.

Safe jump C will still be viable right?

Yes if it's from a 3C. Just not off HF> Tsuika.

But it's not like it was the greatest thing he ever had or needed anyways.

looks like 3C oki is the only option left

It's probably a bit too early to deem 3C as the only reliable tool for oki. Tsuika may still be useful depending on the extent to which they nerfed the advantage due to blowback. Less advantageous doesn't necessarily mean bad. Don't forget about 5D(2) hard knockdown. That might potentially be a reliable oki tool. Hard to tell though since I haven't seen someone use 5D(2) in that regard.

Also I'm not sure if anyone has tried using 2D as a knockdown tool? I find it quite useful to use sometimes and use it often in 1.1 (like combo > 3C air hit > 2D hard knockdown). Might be something to consider in 2.0 too.

So we all around gain a bit of damage, but now we need to cut our corner combos a bit short for oki? I'd imagine a 3C oki corner combo in CP2 would do roughly the same damage as a tsuika oki corner combo in CP1.1. I never quite got 3C oki down, though. My j.C always went right through their neutral tech iframes. Guess I just need to delay the jump cancel even more.

I'm just glad we're getting more gatlings. As someone who likes to throw out 6C and 2D to catch people who constantly hold up-back, I'm stoked to see 5C>6C on block and 6C>5D.

What is this 6C directly into belial nonsense? Please tell me there's a better looking midscreen combo option. Going directly into belial just looks so... wasteful.

What is this 6C directly into belial nonsense? Please tell me there's a better looking midscreen combo option. Going directly into belial just looks so... wasteful.

May I ask how?