Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JyakotuKurayami

[CPE] µ12 General Discussion

She's more of a midrange zoner now with options fullscreen, as opposed to an all around zoner, which would have been ok if steins were harder to use. Where steins before meant staying in the same position meant getting possibly lamed out in 2 seconds for several characters, essentially making pressing XD a great avenue for momentum, setting a stein now will still force movement from the foe, likely moving closer to her, and she can then tag them with a safe normal as opposed to an unsafe special. many of her physical attacks have gotten safer or remained the same, further proving this point, as well as her up close and midrange offense getting a decent deal better.

Its safe to say that her gameplan has been drastically overhauled , however I think she is still very viable right now and at least my interest in dat ass has been renewed. Everything about her is pointing to the midrange game, with the classic murakumo "options fullscreen". Nu already has the d spam down anyway and we already have way too any alternate characters (Noel's) with similar movesets. MU seems more original than ever before and still well rounded.

Hi.

Mu looks better than 1.1, arguably the same as 1.0, and worse than cse/cs2.

In my opinion.

I always thought that 1.0 Mu was better than CSE?

She's more of a midrange zoner now with options fullscreen, as opposed to an all around zoner, which would have been ok if steins were harder to use. Where steins before meant staying in the same position meant getting possibly lamed out in 2 seconds for several characters, essentially making pressing XD a great avenue for momentum, setting a stein now will still force movement from the foe, likely moving closer to her, and she can then tag them with a safe normal as opposed to an unsafe special. many of her physical attacks have gotten safer or remained the same, further proving this point, as well as her up close and midrange offense getting a decent deal better.

Its safe to say that her gameplan has been drastically overhauled , however I think she is still very viable right now and at least my interest in dat ass has been renewed. Everything about her is pointing to the midrange game, with the classic murakumo "options fullscreen". Nu already has the d spam down anyway and we already have way too any alternate characters (Noel's) with similar movesets. MU seems more original than ever before and still well rounded.

They probably wanted to make lambda the more rushdown orientated zoner instead of Mu, because well.. they had to make Nu and lambda somewhat different

I always thought that 1.0 Mu was better than CSE?

Heck no..

CSE had strong zoning in the form of lower recovery totsuka and habaya , high corner damage, superior oki's and setups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OkF9XP32vg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02PH_9_DMq8

IMO CSE and CS2 Mu are the strongest versions of Mu

The only things that CP mu was better at , was more consistent midscreen damage and better corner carry

Well to be fair, I hadn't played many good Mus in CSE to begin with, so I have no actual basis for comparison except that the complaining against her picked up in CP considerably.  Which is ironic because I actually fought a few good Mus by then.

as the 'prototype' mu, i'm pretty sure she is the worst, due to the system mechanics and her not getting certain important tools yet like a faster 5c. neutral back then for her was very difficult, still doable but she just lacked several options to make her more consistent. oki was good though, until people started figuring alot of her stuff out and they became gimmicks mixed with legit setups. she was still one of the best primer breakers at the time and her damage was absolutely insane, which made her viable.

basically she couldnt really compete against most oners because of her steins (and people still not discovering her fully at the time), and rushdown usually had faster moves than her, so it was a game of attrition for her, where she could win if she played patiently and got a good hit.

Agreeing with TD, because Mu didn't have the tools  to compete with other characters in cs1. Although pulsr did discover some stein oki's and techs with her (a video that i watched when i started out with Mu)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyyoX47NQk4

Her neutral got better due to her c normals being slower and had more recoery, seeing that even one of her buffs was that 2b and 2c was actually connecting. Also her c normals were made safer with the inclusion of a jump cancelable 3c and faster stein cancels

I felt that Mu's old j.2c from cs1 hindered her corner oki and most of the time the opponent could roll out, but it could be my inexperience back then

edit old list of her changes (lol)

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/2563-cs2-mu-12-cs2-changes-discussion/

edit 2: the system buff of making every b and c normals air unblockable for normal airblocking buffed her c normals alot at catching chicken blockers

From what I've been seeing so far, Mu still looks pretty good.  6B changes makes her look even more dangerous due to new gatling.  Her close range is looking mighty dangerous now.

"her stein game at neutral is thrown out of the window"

I'm not sure what you mean. It does seems a bit different, but the whole concept of :

Step 1. Use normals and movement to get the opponent to respect your space
Step 2. Place steins when you think they'll respect too much
Step 3. Use 236d/214d when the positioning is good

looks like it's still there. Execution-wise it might be different because the cancel options changed, but tactics/gameplan should be similar.

The impact of the range nerf shouldn't be that bad on the strategy. 236d's range is the same, and lasers should still prevent enemies from approaching you. It might change the matchup against other zoners, but a more spacing/rush-down style was preferred in those situations.

I might be wrong, but none of us has played the patched version of the game yet, and won't for another few months. We'll get a better idea then.

I mean raw steins plus running away as your main tactic in neutral. due to their probably slower startup of lasers and the loss of jump cancel on air steins, people will have less reason to respect it

Like Ragna players will simply inferno divider you out of any aerial stein sets, because the only thing that you can do after that are aerial c normals or specials like her dp (heck..Mu's aerial dp will lose to Ragna's ground dp because the aerial dp has less invul/gp )

Air steins are still airdash cancellable right? So you can still air stein set and airdash to be safe. Unless I'm wrong then welp

You can do dash 2c actually.

I'm pretty sure 6b(1) will otg big characters even.

Did you discover which - if any air steins are jump/dash cancellable? 

They are most definitely not.

BUT

it does not matter.

The difference is that instead of doing an airdash/jump after you do the stein, instead you just do it before.

Example:

[j.d adc back j.c] vs [iad back j.d > j.c/2c whiffcancel]

With your CP option, you're stuck closer to your opponent then you would probably like being until the stein becomes cancelable, then are stuck in the first XX frames of the airdash until you can even really do anything out of it besides specials. Meaning that there's a sizeable gap between when you hit j.d and when j.c actually comes out, and most of that time is spent in CH state relatively near to your opponent.

In extend you not only get access to the space buffer immediately, but j.2c comes out quick. QUICK. RAWSEKDJALLY FAST. The window where you're stuck committing to anything is much smaller, especially since j.2c will hasten your decent, speeding up the entire sequence.

Overally her zoning got way way way way better at short-mid range, anything within range of C normals is no longer "Oh no I'll probably get stuffed if I throw out a stein here" and has instead become "haha that's right loser please try to catch this stein startup and eat my 5c CH spin state into 4.5k meterless midscreen"

well I knew it was coming... It puts a stuffer in my neutral style But if its half as good as you say Im sure I'll adapt

That really makes J.steins dangerous if you dont compensate for the change I suppose?

Can you shed some light on how bad/changed Totsuka is (again ffs)

You can do dash 2c actually.

I'm pretty sure 6b(1) will otg big characters even.

Forgot about dash 2C.  Damn I guess that means no more dash 6A OTG into 4k anymore either.  Doesn't really matter.  One thing is for sure, Mu is going to get big damage from SOMEWHERE so no worries.  How big of an impact did the stein/Totsuka change affect how you felt in neutral?

well I knew it was coming... It puts a stuffer in my neutral style But if its half as good as you say Im sure I'll adapt

That really makes J.steins dangerous if you dont compensate for the change I suppose?

Can you shed some light on how bad/changed Totsuka is (again ffs)

They won't stop until it's dead I swear.  Pretty soon it won't be anything more than a special effect to distract opponents with.