Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

faultydefense

Houston TX: Mash Hard or Go Home

Test Your Skills Mvc3 Launch Tournament @ Smileys 2morrow: All details can be found (HERE). Click here to register for the tys community were we will be discussing all games. In the words of will i am "2morrow night is going to be a good night. I got the feeling". See you all there...

***UCC*** TEXAS BAR FIGHTS TOURNAMENT ROUND III (Dallas, TX) March 5th, 2011

TEXAS BAR FIGHTS TOURNAMENT ROUND III (Dallas, TX) March 5th, 2011

***UCC Sanctioned Event - Earn Ranking points toward seeds at UCSC***

*** TEXAS BAR FIGHTS Proudly Presents ROUND III ***

Texas Bar Fights is where you PLAY MORE and get PAID MORE!!!

--When--

Saturday, March 5th 2011

Sign up 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM - Please make arrangements to arrive early so the tournament can start on time as much as possible

--Where--

Back Porch Grill and Tavern

210 N. Main St.

Grapevine, TX. 76051

Map 210 North Main Street, Grapevine, TX 76051-3321 - Google Maps

--Tournament Schedule--

There will be a staggered start to all the tournaments because many people will be crossing over different tournaments.

Here is a proposed schedule:

MARVEL 3, BLAZBLUE, and TEKKEN will start @ 2:00 as soon as the brackets are completed

SSF4 will start around 30 minutes after the other tournaments get a head start

ARCANA HEART 3 will start when BLAZBLUE has completed

SSF4 teams will start after SSF4 singles if time allows

--Venue Fee/Game Entry Fees-- There will be a one time $7 venue fee when you sign up.

SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 ------------------ $10 on XBOX

TEKKEN 6 -------------------------------------- $10 on PS3

BLAZBLUE:CS ----------------------------------$10 on XBOX

MARVEL vs CAPCOM 3 --------------------------$10 on XBOX

ARCANA HEART 3 (import if possible)----------$10 on PS3

SSF4 2v2 ---------------------------------------$5 per team member ($10 a team) with time permitting

BEAT THE PRO CHALLENGE -----------------$5 per challenge for a $50 Best Buy gift card

REDEMPTION TOURNAMENTS for SSF4----$10 entry Eight man tournaments winner takes all

The tournament format is Double Elimination for all games. Pot split 70/20/10 (except REDEMPTION Tourneys which is 100% to winner)

--BEAT THE PRO CHALLENGE--

Take your chance at beating one of the reigning champions of Texas Bar Fights! Challenge him to a "best out of three sets" match for $5 dollars a try. If you win, you win a $50 gift card to Best Buy. Challenge him as many times as you want until you win. Come one, come all, and try your best to Beat the Pro.

--REDEMPTION TOURNEYS--

Not satisfied with your performance in the main tournaments? Wanna make some money against a smaller field? We will be holding 8 man double elimination side tournaments for SSF4! Only if you get eliminated out of the main event can you participate. The first 8 players to sign up begin the first redemption tourney. We will be doing this repeatedly all day long (every time we get another 8 people signed up, another tourney will begin!) $10 per player Winner takes all $80!!!!

--FIGHT CLUB 5v5 EXHIBITION--

The fight clubs from San Antonio's LSG Fight Club and Dallas/Fort Worth's Fight Club will be having a 5v5 exhibition SSF4 match before the final matches of SSF4 and Marvel. The winning team will take home a custom painted TE Stick Trophy courtesy of Lone Star Gaming's Chris Aguilar.

--Details--

TWELVE Asus Screens: The same ones used at EVO to ensure NO LAG and that the tournament moves along quickly. Each screen has their own set of separate speakers so everyone can hear everything. HUGE venue with plenty of room and lots of good food and beer!

PLEASE, BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLERS, IF YOU CAN, TO FACILITATE WITH THE SPEED OF THE TOURNAMENT.

Top 8 Played on a Head to Head set up and projected onto two big screens for everyone to watch with ease!

Please, please, PLEASE eat and drink at the venue. Back Porch Grill and Tavern has a great menu full of really good food and lots of beers/shots to choose from.

--Jeff (pkrstdnt) and Kent (FocusFlute)

TYS Mvc3 March Series @ Smileys: All information about the series can be found (HERE). Also, this week will be single elimination/3 out of 5/1$ entry/winner takes all. I will be starting the tournament at 9:30 so get there ON TIME cause I will not be taking any late signups. If we get 40 people the breakdown would be 39$/1st place/2nd/1$. There will be alot of new people joining us so i ask everyone to be there at 8:00 to get casuals in. I will be sponsoring 100$, top 3 winners of the exhibition will split it 70$/20$/10$ on march 30. Will let everyone know more info as the dates move closer in. Time to start the new promo campaign so we can have 50+ every week now. =]

New Wed Fight Night Flyer/Print/Cut in half/Pass out to friends--> http://i54.tinypic.com/6z7m2h.jpg

Hey guys, I know it's a long drive, but A.R.K. III (one of the largest fighting game tournaments in the South) is coming up on April 2nd at Conway Gaming Center in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~120 people at this tournament featuring games such as Arcana Heart 3, Blazblue: CS, Tekken 6, SSF4, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Melee, Brawl, Project: M, and more! We will have a recording station available for you to record whichever matches you deem necessary (just work it out with the station manager) as well as a stream station. If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread where you can find more details about the event located at http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10889-A.R.K.-III!-Conway-AR-4-2-11-BB-SSF4-MvC3-T6-Smash-More!. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional BlazBlue community as a whole. Thanks guys!

PS: I'm sorry if I cluttered up your thread. Just trying to raise awareness for people who might otherwise not have seen our tournament. Know that if you have any questions, I will be checking this (and the official tournament thread) daily to address any potential issues/problems. Thanks again!

Harsh....

If ya'll 2 are going, are ya'll entering anything at Showdown? Lemme know so I can throw you in a pool. SSF4AE and T6BR are 2v2, BB, MvC3, and KOF are singles.

We need to do something about this thread. And we should start playing blaz.

I dun told you dawg. Delete this thread! Tell the mods to make you op or something like in srk. This thread ain't gully!

Blazblue for life! Fuck a gg

Hey guys, A.R.K. III (NOW featuring Justin Wong, Fubarduck, Lil Majin, and many more great players!) is coming up THIS SATURDAY in Conway, AR! We are expecting at least ~150 people with games such as BlazBlue:CS, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, SSF4, Arcana Heart 3, Tekken 6, Melee, Brawl, Project: M, and more! Players are coming in from at least California, Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Arkansas!

Note that our tournament is now sponsored by Game On Apparel, Shadaloo.eu, Borderland Games, Broken Tier, and the Bat Cave, which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on here or on the official tournament thread here: http://shoryuken.com/f7/*ucc*-r-k-iii-conway-ar-4-2-11-feat-jwong-fubarduck-lil-majin-etc-261820/. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional BlazBlue/Guilty Gear community as a whole. Thanks guys!

Going to the Monster's Arcade tournament so I will be in town 22-23 and leaving on the 24th. I'll be at Stone's so we should get in some casuals that weekend.

Hey, so I'm going to be moving to the uptown area pretty shortly, and I have no idea what goes on down here.

Does anyone care about Arcana Hearto in these parts? :u

We have a small community in Houston for Arcana.

Meet ups are usually spontanious or posted on the facebook page.

There are a few other places you can check out for games,

Weekly events:

Monster’s Arcade

13626 Veterans Memorial Drive

Houston, TX 77014-1053

(281) 397-8511

– Scrub Tuesday: Starting at 8:00pm. $6 per night to enter, or $20 a month. They also hold ranbats there!

Basically it's a console based arcade that has pretty much all the main fighters and other games available.

Super Street Fighter 4 and MvC3 are mainly played there but people get together there for other games aswell.

Smiley’s Sports Bar

9903 S Highway 6

Sugar Land, TX 77498

(281) 495-3590

– Wednesday night casuals: Starting at 8:00pm. $5 per night to enter or $3 if you bring a setup. Make arrangements to bring setups in advance!

Whole lot of games played here too.

Weekly meetups done by ABK, also console based but it's getting a lot of people on Wednesdays.

Planet Zero

11920 Westheimer Road

Houston, TX 77077

(281) 531-9376

- Thursday night weeklies: SSF4 AE: Starting at 8:30. Entry is $5 cash or $10 on your Planet Zero card. Format is single game,double elimination. Pay per play.

- Friday night weeklies: MvC3: Sign up at 8pm. Entry is $10. It's on console so the 10 gets a wrist band to for play all day, can be played any day they're open.

This is actually a Japanese style arcade, most the newer games are there on arcade cabinets.

Blazblue CS2, SSF4AE, KOF13, and a bunch of other games.

Other than that, meet up with people at places, get to know them and start going to gatherings to get to know the community here.

If you're interested in arcana, you can PM me and get you in on those meetups aswell.

Oh wow, thanks for the info, yo!

I've been to Planet Zero before, and it was pretty cool. I plan on going there a lot when I move.

When I get settled, I'll be sure to try to get in on some of these. :D

Spoke with hotel again today and if you are getting a room for the UCC Championship, you better reserve it NOW. We blocked off a floor of suites all next to one another and they gave us a smokin deal on them. Two beds plus a couch, 2 big CRTs, a kitchen with a stove, fridge, and microwave. Check the first page of this thread for contact info and make sure to mention that you are with the Video Game Tournament

'UPPER'-Cut Circuit Championship

http://shoryuken.com/f7/%2A%2A%2Aucc%2A%2A%2A-upper-cut-dallas-tx-may-6-8-%241000-ssf4-%24500-marvel-evo-trips-260281/

Back in texas after being on the east coast for a couple years. Decided I wanted to get into blazblue. Does anyone by chance live in or around Tomball? Looking for someone to teach me the ways of this game again. Willing to pay 50$/hr ( blatant lie ).

But seriously, anyone near by or am I going to have to start making the trek to arcades on weekends?

Back in texas after being on the east coast for a couple years. Decided I wanted to get into blazblue. Does anyone by chance live in or around Tomball? Looking for someone to teach me the ways of this game again. Willing to pay 50$/hr ( blatant lie ).

But seriously, anyone near by or am I going to have to start making the trek to arcades on weekends?

Used to live in tomball, but moved to huntsville for schoolings.

Finally moving in tomorrow. Gonna try to go to Planet Zero this weekend. I wanna play some Pop'n Music. :u