Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RurouniLoneWolf

[P4AU] Rise Q/A and FAQ Thread

This is a thread where you can ask any questions you want about Rise in Ultimax. Frequently Asked Questions will be compiled here in the opening post of this thread. 

FAQ

[collapse]

[/collapse]

She's a setplay/oki character mostly.  Has lots of strong setups and okay zoning, decent close-range as well.  Lacking in midrange though and her long-range zoning is kinda slow so she loses to "true" zoners like Yukari or Yukiko.

What are some bread and butter combos I can use to help me get started playing her? Also while I ask that question I should ask if you think she is really worth learning as i've heard that she's weak..

What are some bread and butter combos I can use to help me get started playing her? Also while I ask that question I should ask if you think she is really worth learning as i've heard that she's weak..

I wouldn't call her weak. She does have a pretty bad neutral game but if you can get past that she can actually dish out a lot of damage. Her average combo hits for about 3k and in awakening with burst a lot more. And then there's throw UB reset which is practically 7k from a throw in corner.

She is pretty difficult to play though.

I wouldn't call her weak. She does have a pretty bad neutral game but if you can get past that she can actually dish out a lot of damage. Her average combo hits for about 3k and in awakening with burst a lot more. And then there's throw UB reset which is practically 7k from a throw in corner.

She is pretty difficult to play though.

Should I then try another character for my first character that i'm trying to learn?

She's not like insanely high execution, if you like her playstyle just stick with it.  It's not like you're gonna get any better with her if you don't play her.

She's not like insanely high execution, if you like her playstyle just stick with it.  It's not like you're gonna get any better with her if you don't play her.

Yeah, I think im just going to stick with her.. So what are some bread and butter combos that I should learn for her?

I just picked up Rise in favor in my former main Yukiko as I feel she has more potential than her and I have a few questions that I hope you guys don't mind answering.
1.) I can't really find a practical use for arrow rain as its too slow for oki and its easy to punish raw. Any tips as to how to use it?
2.) I only have one BnB down and one anti air punish, which is 5AA, 5B, 2B, sweep, oki with rock out/musical notes and 2B, 8B,8B, 8C, into platinum disc. Any other practical and universal BnBs and punishes?
3.) Similar to #1, I can't find a way to land 5D/scan.
4.) Knowing her neutral is bad, I think that starting out playing aggressive with 8B and keeping pressure on is the best way to get past that flaw of hers, would you guys agree?

You can use Arrow Rain in oki in some cases, but generally it's also used to launch enemies in longer combos or to keep enemies in hitstun long enough for Risette: Live on Stage. It's worth looking at some combo videos online, which should also help in learning new BnBs, but the two you've listed are good neutral options. If you want damage, you can substitute Rock You for No Touching into Hysterical Slap.

Scan can be used in neutral, but you can land it in situational mid-air combos. There should be some in the combo thread.

As for her neutral, it really depends on who she's fighting. Rise really just suffers midrange, where it's too unsafe to get 2C/scan out. She does have some good normals, you just have to space well and keep an eye on Himiko since she's very vulnerable whenever she does a move.

What ate some things we can do with the space we get from a 214C pushblock? Obviously it depends on who/what got pushblocked, but should we capitalize on the time we have to get something like 2C/5D out, or just use the time to make space and reset to neutral?

What ate some things we can do with the space we get from a 214C pushblock? Obviously it depends on who/what got pushblocked, but should we capitalize on the time we have to get something like 2C/5D out, or just use the time to make space and reset to neutral?

I think the pushback on the pushblock on its own gives you enough space that you should be back to neutral. What you do from there though will depend on the matchup really. In some matchups, it might be better to retreat some more. In other matchups, creating more space might be your doom and it would be better to try and get back in instead. Experiment a little and see what works and what doesn't in each matchup.

You have to delay 214b after 5c, the more far your oponement is from you when 214b trigger, the more time you will have to juggle after the hit