Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mooglebane

[P4AU] Margaret Gameplay Discussion

AOA looks like it can crossup, hopefully it can be useful. And of course, LOL Super Izuna Suplex Drop.

Margaret having a suplex was initially shocking at first, and seeing it again, it seems so right. Can't wait to at this char.

How is she going to be in the game? Free to play? Dlc? No info yet?

Paid DLC.

I was hoping she'd be like a Zappa or a Gen type (Swapping Personas for different movesets) but given no icons/meters, it appears it's not the case.

Thanks. Seems more straightforward with some velvet room staples. Throw DP, midrange ish cards, what is most likely a persona reliance, and high(est) persona cards.

I'm not seeing much in the way of zoning from that trailer. At least nothing like full screen cheese. Most everything showed here was midrange or close range. Looks like she's going to be the stern bruiser with an elegant feel. Liz feels more goofy.

Thanks. Seems more straightforward with some velvet room staples. Throw DP, midrange ish cards, what is most likely a persona reliance, and high(est) persona cards.

I'm not seeing much in the way of zoning from that trailer. At least nothing like full screen cheese. Most everything showed here was midrange or close range. Looks like she's going to be the stern bruiser with an elegant feel. Liz feels more goofy.

Cu Chulainn does have a long range stab move a la Ken. Ardha has that fireball move as well, remains to be seen what its uses are though. Koko supah bool, anyone? :v:  But yeah, we mostly see upclose stuff in the trailer.

Paid DLC.I was hoping she'd be like a Zappa or a Gen type (Swapping Personas for different movesets) but given no icons/meters, it appears it's not the case.

The icons for Zappa's summons were only added in +R, and they're really more of an aid to the other player than anything. He made it ten years without them; Margaret may very well be stance oriented. The trailer really didn't tell us anything about her gameplay other than showing off her AoA, Reversal, IK, and some ABC combos. We'll know the truth in a week!

The icons for Zappa's summons were only added in +R, and they're really more of an aid to the other player than anything. He made it ten years without them; Margaret may very well be stance oriented. The trailer really didn't tell us anything about her gameplay other than showing off her AoA, Reversal, IK, and some ABC combos. We'll know the truth in a week!

He did but times are different now as is design philosophy.

Also Zappa's summons you could tell what he had when he was on the screen a vast majority of the time due to the constant physical presence of sword, dog, ghosts, and Raoh. No physical change to Margaret or any kind of indicator is there.

Since Margaret has an Elizabeth style DP, I'm not as hyped anymore. I mean, Elizabeth isn't low-tier because she has that awful DP, but it could be a sign for bad things to come. She seems to be a mid-ranged character with teleports. Perhaps those teleports are like Kokonoe's with some invul on start-up.

In one of the earlier Famitsu scans she had a fireball. They didn't show it in the trailer, but I think she might be able to zone a bit with that.

So yeah, I'm pretty much on the fence with my Margaret hype. She seems cool, but ehh that DP is just asking for Mitsuru to 5B it (or j.C or anything really).

The only "teleport" we see in that is her AoA, so I don't think we can make that conclusion yet. That DP is a big downer though, not feeling that.

Paid DLC.

I was hoping she'd be like a Zappa or a Gen type (Swapping Personas for different movesets) but given no icons/meters, it appears it's not the case.

Yeah, I was hoping she was like Zappa, or was like a stance character with different strengths for different Personas, namely like Ardha being a zoning/set up stance.

What makes you think the Suplex grab was her DP though? Is it because of the orange spark that comes up at the very beginning of that footage?

What makes you think the Suplex grab was her DP though? Is it because of the orange spark that comes up at the very beginning of that footage?

When she does it, she gets Blue Health.

Although i wasn't too pressed about her move set the character still looks interesting from the overall flow in my opinion having said that she looks like a zoner but that could change . I like her version of the infamous car slide though looks cool. can't wait to try her out. Im glad they picked liz as the testing dummy for margaret 

So Margaret turned out exactly like everyone thought she would be, a Physical Lizzie, she even has things like God's Hand and Hassou Tobi which are physical attacks in the RPGs, I'm really curious about that book pounding attack mentioned in the news thread and how viable is her AoA since she teleports behind the opponent.

Couple of things from the archived stream, it was really blurry so there were lots of things I missed, including Margaret basically flailing around the screen lol she's that cool, trust me

Her Arcana is the Empress (like mitsuru), God's hand is a stand alone attack, she has either three or four supers, one at the end of her autocumbo which had yoshitsune attack with his swords, seems like it had good range, a super with Ardha which looks like it heals Margaret, I didn't see the actual healing but it didn't do anything else and had the healing sound effect similar to Lizzie's Diarahan, a super with cu chulain that had a whirlwind effect too blurry to tell though, and everyone's favorite Hassou Tobi which did 2880 points, her throw did 1100

could be completely wrong but I swear I saw her Freeze Lizzie (Edit: saw the stream again, she does have an attack with ardha that freezes after all)

AND her 5a is seriously no joke, it has incredible range

Her Dp could be Air-OK I saw the player attempt it and it had the orange flash effect of Furious actions, it halts her momentum in the air as well

She's looking absolutely freaking awesome till now, can't wait to try her out

Yep, DP is definitely air-OK. Her airdash is looking very good as well. Too bad it was so blurry/bad quality though, nearly impossible to make out stuff.

The quality was definitely watchable to me.... not really all that blurry dont know how you guys saw it but looked pretty standard japan streaming quality to me. could see damage and her moves fine. 

Didnt really get a chance to observe her air dp move was just basically watching how she moved around and what moves looked like.

are you referring to the actual live stream that ended or the archived one? cause the archived one had aweful quality, at least to me and Mooglebane