Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkDeath

[PSP] GGAC+ Online ~ "AdHoc Party" ~ Thread

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Last Updated 11/21/2009 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDIT:Ad-Hoc Party has released in the US! I will edit the first post accordingly.

Here's a run-down of what you need to start getting yourself online:

- A Playstation 3 (Any region PS3 is possible)

- A Playstation Portable (Any region PSP is possible)

- A Copy of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core for PSP (All games only see eachother if they are the same region, there are no cross regions - US to JAP for example, Though JAP to Asian is still not confirmed.)

- AdHoc Party US

Note: You'll need your PS3 to be connected to the internet through WIRED or else AdHoc Party will automaticly close.

But First alittle information about AdHoc Party:

It is a application that lets PSP games that didn't have an Infrastructure (Online) Mode and only an AdHoc Mode to now be played online.

~~~~~~~~~~ Steps for playing AdHoc Party ~~~~~~~~~~

Getting yourself "AdHoc Party US":

1. Make yourself a PSN account.

2. Login into your account and goto the Playstation Store. It should be listed if you search a bit.

Setting yourself up for "AdHoc Party":

1. Alright, There are going to be 3 options in the beginning.

2. Choose the third one and have your psp beside you, Turn on your Wifi, Preferably when you goto network mode in the game you're playing and it'll go into wifi mode, Then your PSP's Name should appear, Just press circle to continue.

3. Now just goto the first Tab and BOOM! Welcome to Adhoc Party!

AdHoc Party's SYSTEM:

- Alright, Now that you are in AdHoc Party, This is how it works:

1. There are 10 WORLDS, Lettered From A to J. Within each world there are 64 Hubs, In each Hub, a max of 32 people can fit.

2. BLUE indicates there are a low number of people in the hub, YELLOW Indicates there is moderate people in the hub, RED Indicates the hub is full or can possibly fit 1 or 2 more people.

3. Now that you've chose a World and Room, You're not ready yet, As you'll have to create a ROOM in order to start your gaming, if you joined a hub with people, you'll notice there are "Houses" there with titles, Those are the ROOMS.

Setting up a Room:

1. Simply press circle anywhere on the floor and the second option is to CREATE A ROOM. (first option is to join a room if u highlighted a room or run somewhere)

2. Once you clicked that you'll be opened to a window, The first option is the name of the room, The second is description and the third is password.

3. Now that you've made it, You'll see that only 4 people can fit in the room. Only more than 4 can fit in the room if 1 of the 4 people have another PSP with them, Connected, as it will show 2(or more, up to 4) PSP's instead of one beside the persons name.

4. Now, Set up any game like you would do in AdHoc Mode and ANYONE who joins your room with the same game, should see you and you'll see him in the lobby of the game of your choice. ENJOY PLAYING ONLINE!

I've actually had an Idea for a set-up for playing Guilty Gear Online:

If any of the dustloop people want to meet up, We can simply just goto World D (D for dustloop! =D) and Hub 30 and Make a room there called GGAC or something!

Funny, how I used Ad-hoc party US for Gundam Vs Gundam and it didn't lag, Tekken 5, SC lag horribly and Final Fantasy Dissidia is hit or miss. Overall I don't mind too much.

If you have any questions just ask and i'll be glad to help out however I can!

~DarkDeath

Have you yourself actually tried it? My friend & I hooked it up during an adhoc party session one time, but game ran at 2fps (tested w/ remote joy). Haven't tried since the new patch though. You should include some info about remotejoy so people can play w/ pads & sticks.

I spent a good hour setting this up last night, and I ended up getting it to work. Well, to be more specfic, the actual setting up didn't take that long but it took a good while blindly navigating the menu's to figure everything out. I tried to play a few games with some Nips kind enough to humor me. The lag was horrendous, but the actual mechanics of it worked beautifully.

If anyone wants to try and set up a date to play, lemme know. I'm a relativly shitty Ky player whose still learning the ropes, but I'd love to get my ass kicked online. I'm curious if the lag would disappear if I'm playing domestic players.

Damn, this almost makes me want to buy a PS3. Very nice find, though.

EDIT: Does it work if your PSP has modded firmware?

Yup, I have a CFW PSP and was using a Japanese GGAC+ ISO and it worked without any trouble.

Is PS3 mandatory or just a PSP?

If so, I'm wondering about the likes of X-Link Kai.

I fooled around with that tonight after ADHOC Party to see if it was a good alternative. Be warned, it seems that you need to connect your PSP to your PC wirelessly. A USB connection doesn't seem to work.

Damn, this almost makes me want to buy a PS3. Very nice find, though.

EDIT: Does it work if your PSP has modded firmware?

Yes, It works with firmware PSPs.

I made this article myself, I really like the idea of this application and want others to recognize the possibilities of this and hope it comes to other countries :D.

Have you yourself actually tried it? My friend & I hooked it up during an adhoc party session one time, but game ran at 2fps (tested w/ remote joy). Haven't tried since the new patch though.

You should include some info about remotejoy so people can play w/ pads & sticks.

You tried GGAC? Or was it a different game. Hmm, It could be Lag AND the game's AdHoc gameplay compatibility as well:

- The AdHoc's Game's Lag itself (When a local session AdHoc Game still lags, Simply because of the game itself. Bad programming I suppose)

As for me, I've played 1 HK guy in GGAC on AdHoc party and it was lagging, mainly cause well..he's from HK and i'm from Canada. I haven't vsed anyone really close to me through AdHoc party, but I can probably test it with my cousin when he gets the game again (he has custom firmware)

That is a good idea about romotejoy, I'll need to find more information about it though.

how laggy is this shit? if its too hardcore i might not bother.

It actually depends where the 2 people are, and since the application is maining from Japan. Lag is more sensitive than usual.

As for my other experiences, I've tried Gundam Vs Gundam with my cousin and there wasn't any "annoying" lag. if I vsed HK/JAPs, it lags. If I vsed people from america, it wasn't lagging as much as hk and japs, but note this is 2v2, so more chances of lag. I'll need to test GGAC+ with my cousin when he regets it.

Is PS3 mandatory or just a PSP?

If so, I'm wondering about the likes of X-Link Kai.

PS3 is mandatory because the application is in the PS3 Japan Playstation Store and can only be played on a PS3. So both a PS3 AND a PSP are required.

I also have X-link kai and I must say, It's not my cup of tea. It seems everyone is from europe and last time i've tried it, there are 1500 people online during peak and 1480 of those people are playing Monster Hunter Portable 2/2G lol. so the last 20 spread around into other games. After I few hours I found ONE game somewhere and it was laggy as hell, The main problem was seeing the damn person on my psp.

But I guess other people have better experiences than me with X-Link Kai

~DarkDeath

Well... I've got a PSP with U.S. Judgment/#Reload for starters, and I'm on Wifi if that's okay. Still not on X-Link Kai yet though...

I nev erused X Link Kai, but I used ad hoc party all the time for phantasy star online portable and monster hunter 2. Never had problem with lagging or anything, works superb and easy, no need to setup anything. download ad hoc party from ps store, launch, select world, room, lobby, play PS. I got Guilty Gears AC+ Yesterday, but i really suck at it to play online..

I thought I'd mention...there's a Network Gallery Mode now. I dunno how to connect to it...so if anyone wants to help explain, that'd be nice.

I have the English and Japanese version of Accent Core Plus. Latest version of Ad Hoc Party, a ps3 and psp. If anyone wants to play, i'm here.

I'm just wondering what all I would need. I've got a PSP, a USB Cable, an Ethernet cable, I have no clue about WiFi routers (since I live away from home). I'd like to know what would be needed if, say I obtained a PS3. Thanks ahead of time.

It's simple. You need a ps3 and a psp. Then the ps3 has to be connected straight to the internet, no wireless. Then make a japanese account, download ad hoc party. Then you can just log on if you connect your psp through wireless network to ps3 while running a game while in the games lan play with ad hoc on. Later on you can just find players with the game you're having the connection with.

Merging these two posts into the main Adhoc party thread; there's no need for multiple threads on this silly PSP multiplayer thing that only 1-3 people are going to use in the end. :I:

Hey guys seeing as I got a PS3 and a JP account, I'd like to know where to get the ad-hoc party update? Can someone tell me where?