Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eshi

[P4AU] Elizabeth vs. Elizabeth

It can ether go into a screen zoning war If so, your opponent is in awaking you can punish there 236AB after the first with a 236A. In close proximity when a sweep is used by your opponent it's a perfect chance to go into a a recovery afterwords usually do to the follow ups are usually 236C on a hit usually or 2D on a block. 

I don't like committing to much in the mirror. You know exactly what Liz is capable of, and you know the key is to be patient and wait for her to overextend herself. The matchup is more about punishing the other's mistakes than opening them up in my opinion. That isn't to say just sit there like a log until you see 5D coming, but do safe/less unsafe options until they've been conditioned to respect you, and wait for them to do something unsafe and capitalize on it.

Also worth noting is that you should try to keep Liz from entering awakening if possible. Liz shouldn't have too much trouble killing herself without letting her ever see awakening if you manage your damage well enough.

P.S. you can burst awakened SB Bufu in a combo and have time to punish, yay

I was showing my friend Aki's 5A > 236A OS vs Liz's 5C options and realized that you can do the same sort of OS with Liz.

If you start holding 6 when you block 5C, you can mash 6A then 4A and either you'll break Thanatos if he does 5D, or you'll hit 2C then cancel into Debilitate (which will counter 2C and hit the other Liz, even at full screen). This is still punishable at close range though, and also maybe with A Zio in Awakening. I believe you will also get hit by 5C > A Bufu, but in normal mode that does nothing for Liz anyway so shrug.