Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eshi

[P4AU] Elizabeth vs. Ken

From the opinion of a terribad scrub it's not her worst MU. Zio and Agi if used wisely takes out the dog's health and Ken's ranged attacks including his spear and all have punishable recovery. If you are under a blockstring I think you can roll for 50 sp through some of Koro's attacks and punish Ken as he uses an unsafe move. I never found Thanatos pressure to be that good here but you might be able to sabotage Koro's hitbox to get to Ken as 5C would move faster (I think)? Not sure how that would work. Awakening Bufu is eh as I've fought Ken's before and they don't really have any reason to jump in the air. Garu is eh too since Koro can attack you out of it I believe. (Not sure about that tbh.) I think Ken's MU for most characters just involves patience and good blocking. Luckily Koro can't do any overheads or sweeps or anything so you just have to be careful about Ken, who is kind of predictable IMO since after a j.B jump in all you have to do is crouch block again and watch out for throws and an occasional AoA. When I'm caught in a blockstring I tend to wait till I can roll and punish. I think 5B and 2B might be decent choices to get out of it as well but I'm not skilled enough to tell you if they work. (5B might work since it can plow through Koro and hit Ken as he's doing some dumb stuff and 2B for jump ins.)

I honestly don't know how I feel about this MU. On the one hand, it's really hard for Liz to do much of anything in neutral/on defense, but once she gets started, Ken has to hold all of it. I would say this MU is bad for Liz, though I'm not sure if I would say it's as bad as the Yosuke MU or something.

Neutral is really silly. Once Ken throws Koromaru out, I find it really hard to do much of anything (outside of awakening). Our usual neutral options (ie IAD back jB,etc) seem to be so hot against Ken. There are situations where Koromaru is left next to Liz, and throwing a zio/agi or something will get you counterhit. At fullscreen, I think 5C(1) backdash might be the best way to punish Koro. Once you're on defense, your rolls have to be on point; if you roll Ken's spear, for example, and Koromaru isn't in recovery, you're going to get punished. Conversely, if you win neutral and get Ken in the corner, you can take the game easily. Ken's DP isn't spectacular, and you can stay at a range where you can deal with it safely. 

I think Liz really needs to be in awakening to make this MU easier, though. Awakening SB Zio is amazing since it hits the dog a bunch and you're able to run in. The faster Agi helps too. I would agree with Panckez in that Garu isn't really useful in this MU. 

Also, you can't use Randomizer on Koromaru, you have to use it on Ken. If you use it on Koromaru, Ken is able to block the followup & punish you :v:

Watch out for the dog.

That's pretty much the best advice I can give in this matchup, to be honest - it can feel almost like you're fighting Koromaru more than Ken when he's biting your ankles the whole while. Adding onto what Elochai said, Mind Charge is your friend if you can land it relatively early and start putting the hurt on him.

2C is your friend to keep him off you and buff Thanatos; bait his (very) unsafe DP and scupper attempted Koromaru punishes for maximum effectiveness. When he hits Awakening, keep out of his face and play it safe, as his not-Moon-Smasher will wreck our fragile Elevator attendant pretty handily if she gets caught by it.