Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ludwig van

[P4AU] Naoto Shirogane - Combo Thread "Operation time~!" (Updated: 3/23/15)

Heres my corner throw combo:

CD > D/C > 214D > 2C > 236B > D Trap Hits > Cx5 > 6D 

Takes off like 5 or 6 skulls I think.

shouldn't there be some kind of separation for shadow and regular characters? at least in the form of another thread or something

I vote for this too. We should have one thread for JUST Shadow Frenzy combos. The overlap is starting to get messy.

A lot of the combos parts work for both though it does seem a little confusing at times

My corner throw combo that works for both atm is BC~C/D>214D>5B>j236A>2B>5C>236B~Cx5

Can someone confirm if the combos from 1.0 version still work in the current console version? From the little I got to lab with, it doesn't feel like some of these combos are still possible. Maybe it was because I was practicing on Sho or something. If I get confirmation I'll start notating every combo video I find for 1.0.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xLu1Ik6QM&index=36&list=PLC53E3ED9C6BFEC30

I can confirm they all work....a bit of a pain..but they work 

Thanks! Ill begin notating some combos then. Ill have then up when I can.

EDIT: Tried the Venom Zapper loop in the video I posted. DAMN they are HARD. The height management is so picky and you have to be precise with 236C > 5C to get the height you need while still linking in time.

Jourdal uploaded a new Naoto 1.1 BnB combo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4xU49U_HaU&list=UUyV9c57z3v5Ot5d4PklDxeA

Question though, the combos in this old 1.0 combo video (that I will share after this sentence) that involve the "additional" Fate removing attack after Aim bullets still viable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7D7etxjkrE

Naoto Combo Notation Google Doc: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11Yqf2ehHynyRch3KyWzk4mEK5lgAYtsKppkVxdqrI-4/edit?usp=sharing

Still working on this. Ill organize it by starter later on. Ill also notate the new 1.1 CMV that Jourdal recently uploaded.

Jourdal uploaded a new Naoto 1.1 BnB combo video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4xU49U_HaU&list=UUyV9c57z3v5Ot5d4PklDxeA

Question though, the combos in this old 1.0 combo video (that I will share after this sentence) that involve the "additional" Fate removing attack after Aim bullets still viable?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7D7etxjkrE

Yes it still works. 236B~CCCCC~6D is how you would normally combo into it.

S.Naoto combo doc made by JP players: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s387/sh/c5bc7888-939f-44d1-8e65-c4119c420a56/1ba08b93cf83b9198a815ff3e9c7cfde

Its a pain in the butt translate everything, so I'll specify what certain words mean here when you google translate this document. Some stuff I don't know myself so anyone with good JP knowledge, i'd be happy if you could translate any particular misleading phrases for me.

Renkiba/with Teeth= Fangs

Leg sweeping= sweep

Zapper= Blight/236X

Program works/configuration?= snipe stance

both parties= 236236AB

SBHUA/HU= 214214A~A

Kurishu= Critical shot finish

moriphism= no idea

central= midscreen

end= corner 

Ailuropoda= no clue

full partial payment= no idea

D min= d trap??

bokosuka= AOA 

high jump= super jump

throw empty= air throw?

cumshot (not joking this is what google translate gives me)= no idea what this actually means 

Oh, I should've checked here first.  I just did Challenge 25 myself, with:

AoA for all hits, D finisher, cancel to B Double Fangs (2 hits), A Sniper Super (All hits), OMB, 5B, 5C, B Double Fangs (2 hits), C Hamaon, A Sniper Super.

It's exactly 65 hits, and probably as easy as it gets.

Oh, I should've checked here first.  I just did Challenge 25 myself, with:

AoA for all hits, D finisher, cancel to B Double Fangs (2 hits), A Sniper Super (All hits), OMB, 5B, 5C, B Double Fangs (2 hits), C Hamaon, A Sniper Super.

It's exactly 65 hits, and probably as easy as it gets.

Sniper super = ?

Do you mean 236236a/b or 214214a/b

The one that doesn't do 4 hits at maximum.

Also, now of course I'm trying to figure out 30.  Anyone have any ideas?

S.Naoto combo doc made by JP players: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s387/sh/c5bc7888-939f-44d1-8e65-c4119c420a56/1ba08b93cf83b9198a815ff3e9c7cfde

Its a pain in the butt translate everything, so I'll specify what certain words mean here when you google translate this document. Some stuff I don't know myself so anyone with good JP knowledge, i'd be happy if you could translate any particular misleading phrases for me.

連牙: Renkiba/with Teeth= Fangs

足払い or 足: Leg sweeping= sweep

ザッパー: Zapper= Blight/236X

構え: Program works/configuration?= snipe stance

甲乙: both parties/instep = 236236AB

SBHU/HU: (SB) Hold Up = 214214A

クリシュ: Kurishu= Critical shot finish

中央: central= midscreen

端: end= corner 

罠: min= trap

ボコスカ: bokosuka = AOA 

ハイジャンプ: high jump = super jump

低ダ: low da = IAD

空投げ: throw empty = air throw

射 or 射撃cumshot / morphism = shot / bullet (during stance)

Ailuropoda= (seems to be an inconsistent parsing of Zapper)

降り際: full partial payment= falling

暴走: runaway = Shadow Frenzy/Rampage

Haha, I kinda feel like it's easier to just substitute particular groups of characters rather than using Google translate, particularly since the output is sometimes inconsistent for the same phrase, and sometimes scrambles the order of words in a sentence.  I've added corresponding characters to your list, along with additions/corrections.

Haha, I kinda feel like it's easier to just substitute particular groups of characters rather than using Google translate, particularly since the output is sometimes inconsistent for the same phrase, and sometimes scrambles the order of words in a sentence.  I've added corresponding characters to your list, along with additions/corrections.

Thanks a ton for helping with the translations man, that was a big help. The combos are pretty much entirely straight forward with that. For the most part, i retrieve most JP Naoto combos/tech from Waka and Denpa on twitter. Their accounts have a lot of info on them, but they are pretty much entirely in JP. Here are their links if you are interested in them: https://twitter.com/radiowave777 and  https://twitter.com/waka1_

Lots of combo theory/ideas and just general sentiments on certain combo routes and stuff here. On a more combo related topic, I was messing around with 2[C] FC combos and stuff with Naoto:

Starting position/near corner/corner

2[C] FC microdash 236C or just 236CD if lazy/have meter to burn for more dmg, microdash 5C IAD j.C land 5C delay 236C, 5C IAD j.C land 5C 236C, 5C IAD j.C land 5C slight delay 236B into:

A) 5C 214A~Cx5

B) 5C 236A~Bx5 (optional 214214A / 214214AB)

C) 5C 236D 236236A or 236236AB

You can OMB after the 3rd rep of 236C to add in another sweep 236C 5C to the combo which adds a good amount of damage to the combo. Pretty sure this isn't optimized yet so i'll be working on this more. This combo does a lot of damage so far, so we'll see how far I can take this. Adding more meter brings this to almost kill most characters if you spend like 150% meter as the combo is now. 

Ahiru posted a Naoto primer / beginner's guide a few weeks back and included a few combos in the final installment.

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/ahiru06081/e/18b3237886cee9e6c597541abc0d080b

Midscreen Meterless:

• 5a > 2a > 5aaa > A Fangs > B Shots
  • 5a > 2a > 5aa > 5b > 5c > 2c > A Shots
  • 5a > 2a > 5aaa > B Fangs > C Shots (Note: only combos on crouching opponent)
  • Throw > follow-up > A Fangs (whiff) > C shots
  • AoA C > j.b > j.c > dj j.b > j.c > Air B Fangs

Midscreen 25 SP:

• 5aa > 5b > sweep > SB Blight > C shots

• 5b > 5c > SB Fangs > 5b > 5c > B Fangs > 5c > B Fangs > A Fangs > B Shots (Note: assumes carried to corner partway through)

Midscreen 50 SP:

• (air to air) j.b > j.c > dj j.c > Air B Fangs > OMC > falling j.c > 5c > iad j.b > j.c > 5c > B Fangs > C Shots

Midscreen 75 SP:

• 5b > 5c > sweep > SB Blight > dash j.c > dj j.c > Air B Fangs > OMC > (falling?) j.c > 5c > B Fangs > 5c >  A Fangs > B Shots

Midscreen Fatal:

• FC 5aa > C Blight > microdash 5c > iad j.c > 5b > 5c > 2[c] > 5c > iad j.b > j.c > 5c > B fangs > 5c > A fangs > B shots

• fc 2[c] > microdash sweep > sb blight > 5c > iad j.c > 5c > sweep > c blight > 5c > b fangs > 5c > iad j.b > j.c > 5c > a fangs > b shots

• fc 2[c] > 5aa > c blight > microdash 5c > iad j.c > 5b > 5c > b fangs > 5c > sweep > c blight > 5c > b fangs > c shots 

• fc j.a > 5aa > c blight > microdash 5c > iad j.c > 5b > 5c > b fangs > 5b > 5c > c shots

Corner Meterless:

• 5b > 5c >2c > B Fangs > (5c > iad j.b > j.c >) 5c > B Fangs > C Shots
  • Throw > follow-up > Trap Set (any) > 5b > 5c > B Fangs > C Shots

• Throw > follow-up > D Trap > 5b > low/TK Air A Fangs > D Trap activate > 2b > 5c > B Fangs > C Shots

• FC AoA D > C Trap > Sweep > C Blight > 5c > B Fangs > 5c > iad j.a > j.c > A Fangs > B Shots

Corner 25 SP:

• 5b > 5c > sweep > sb blight > b fangs > 5c > b fangs > 5c > a fangs > b shots

Corner 75 SP:

• (5a >) 5b > 5c > 2c > b fangs > 5c > d zapper > sb pistol > dash sweep > a fangs > b shots

• 5b > 5c > sweep > sb blight > b fangs > 5c > a fangs > b shots > hold up a x 3 > critical shoot

Corner Fatal:

• fc throw > follow-up > d trap > c blight > 5c > j.c > j.d > air a fangs > 5c > b fangs > c shots
  • fc j.c > 2a > 5b > sweep > c blight > 5c > iad j.c > 5c > sweep > c blight > 5c > b fangs > 5c > iad j.b > j.c > a fangs > b shots
  • fc j.a > j.c > 2a > 5b > sweep > c blight > 5c > iad j.c > 5c > b fangs > 5c > iad j.b > j.c > a fangs > b shots

• fc 2a > 5b > sweep > c blight > 5c > iad j.c > 5c > sweep > c blight > 5c > b fangs > 5c > iad j.b > j.c > a fangs > b shots

Any pointers regarding positioning / timing / etc. on connecting sweep > SB Blight at midscreen? On at least Chie, I feel like the opponent tends to falls out of it about halfway through the animation, particularly if there were additional hits prior to the sweep.

Yo!  I did challenge 30.  I wasn't able to find this anywhere on the internet, so I made up my own.  With a large assist owed to Dustloop's frame data page.  And the winning combo was:

Start off with: 2[C] (3 hits), cancel to 236B, land and hold D, 236A, Shadow Berserk mode.

This is where it gets fun. If you haven't seen this already, you can cancel the landing recovery and gun stance mode of Naoto's Double Fangs by canceling to an air 214CD at the second hit of the Double Fangs. You'll land extremely quick and can immediately do another move. The traps won't actually come out, and you'll lose no meter for this.

So at this point, after the Shadow mode activation, land and repeatedly do 236A (2 hits), 214CD, 236A(2 hits), repeat.  The 214CD and then 236A motion needs to be done really fast.

I did this up until 33 hits on the combo meter (4 Double Fangs left), and then I canceled with 214CD again, land, 2B, 236A(1 hit), air 236AB(1 hit), air 236B(1 hit), air 236A.

Done.

And watching the demonstration now, the computer's version is the same thing, but they omit the 2B part for another raw 236A, and then go into a slightly different ending sequence of 236A, air 236A, air 236AB, and then air 236B.  My version is a bit easier since the 2B is 2 frames faster than the raw 236A, and you're really tight on frames at this point.  But if you're really feeling the rhythm of the A Fangs, then feel free to keep on doing it.  And I haven't tried their ending air Double Fang sequence, so I don't know how tight it is, but mine should be the easiest possible since I made it in respect to getting the best possible hitstun and startup differences possible from the three air fang versions.

Anyway, good luck everyone!

5B > 5C > 236CD > j.c >j.c > j.236b > omc > falling j.c > 5c > 236B > 5c > 236a > B x 5 is really wonky at the sweep > 236CD. The training dummy wouldn't play it back properly and it felt inconsistent unless point blank, but the combo do 4135+poison damage incase you wanted to know. The rest is fairly easy.

What are the optimal throw combos (specifically meterless) that works across the majority of the cast that's on record for Naoto? I'm only getting this from training mode atm, but if I had to guess, it needs more IAD's. For damage values, left side is regular Naoto, and right side is Shadow Naoto. There are duplicates btw, but worth putting in the category depending on use for damage/fate usage.

Throw (Almost Near Corner)

*DAMAGE*

CD>(DELAY FOR BULLETS)C OR D>214A>(gun)D>2[C]>5C>236B>(gun)D>236A>(gun)Bx5

DAMAGE = 2449/1957

FATE = -3

*FATE*

CD>(DELAY FOR BULLETS)C OR D>214A>(gun)D>2[C]>5C>2C>236A>(gun)Bx5

DAMAGE = 2161/1728

FATE = -4

Throw (Near Corner)

*DAMAGE*

CD>(DELAY FOR BULLETS)C OR D>214D>5C>236B>(gun)D>JC~JB>JC>236B

DAMAGE = 2495/1994

FATE = -2

*FATE*

CD>(DELAY FOR BULLETS)C OR D>214A>(gun)D>2[C]>5C>2C>236A>(gun)Bx5

DAMAGE = 2161/1728

FATE = -4

CD>(DELAY FOR BULLETS)C OR D>214A>(gun)D>2[C]>5C>236B>(gun)D>236A>(gun)Bx5

DAMAGE = 2449/1957

FATE = -3

Throw (Character Specific Near Corner [NAOTO])

CD>(DELAY FOR BULLETS)C OR D>214D>5C>236B>(gun)D>236A>(gun)Bx5

DAMAGE = 2616/2117

FATE = -3

Throw (Character Specific Almost Point-Blank Corner [NAOTO])

*DAMAGE*

CD>(DELAY FOR BULLETS)C OR D>214C>2[C]>5C>236B>(gun)D>236A>(gun)Bx5

DAMAGE = 2682/2143

FATE = -4

*FATE*

CD>(DELAY FOR BULLETS)C OR D>214C>2[C]>2C>236A>(gun)Bx5

DAMAGE = 2266/1812

FATE = -5

I was just doing corner throw followup 214D 2C 236B~wait~CCCCC~6D.

Here's a bunch of useless Hama/Mudo confirms that I'm finding (I know people already know about some of them):

(stuff)>2C>236236C/D
grab>C or D>236236D
mash A
(stuff)>236C>236236C
I found this one a while ago non FC AoA D>236236C
(stuff)>236A>BBBBB>236236C
(stuff)>236A>6D>236236C/D
(stuff)>236B/AB>236236C/D
5/4C~C>236236C/D

bullets>236236CD and aim 6CD>236236CD

214214A/B>(stuff)>C/D>236236C

(stuff)>236236B/AB>236236CD

4/5C>214A(whiff)>BBBBB>236236D

My go-to AoA in the corner is

AoA C > j.C > j.D > j.214CD > falling j.B > C trap hits > j.236B >land > D trap hits > j.C > dj. C > j. D > j.236A > j.236236A(B) for ~4.3k and 4 fate

incredibly unsafe without the super at the end revised it so now its safe even without the super and i can do it more reliably than AoA D combos since i have trouble mashing out all the hits