Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strife

[P4AU] Junpei Iori Vs. Marie

JihJExK.png: ... Oh, what's this?

qz7BWrk.jpg

Sf7gOlP.png: ...

• Use this thread to discuss the Marie matchup.
  • Please focus more heavily on discussing how to play the matchup properly as Junpei rather than who is at advantage/disadvantage.
  • This post will be updated as info arises.

Round Start

Neutral

Offense

Defense

Hey guys new player here. got some issues with this matchup. My main problem is i have no idea how to punish her persona dive kick move at all. its like i just gotta let it happen.

another thing i realized with the match is that i pretty much have to never use 2B as as anti-air (mainly cuz i suck with it) but that forces me to use 5a>j.5a>combo which can be a little (VERY) frustrating. 

im not really looking for answers more like a person i can bounce some ideas off of. I feel like im missing something.

the match-up aint all bad though. Once u get a hit stay in and just bait her DP. If u good with J.B's hit box u can stay in that range and she pretty much has to retreat in the air. The D attacks are really good here since they at least force her to come to u. just make sure to not 2D her dive kick, we lose every time. 5C can work but u have to commit to it.

2B should beat her jC pretty clean if you do it early enough; that move isn't really as good as most Marie players seem to think it is. If you aren't sure you can react in time to anti-air her, roll through it instead. Try to avoid blocking it though because if you do, Marie gets in for free.

If Marie's don't space their J.C well, you can just DP it. My advice for this match up is to be a little bit more patient since marie has a lot of good normals, and always take advantage of any 2Bs you can hit on her.