Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MacArthur Blunts

Slayer vs. Bridget

This is a fun match. Very fun indeed. Here is Bridget's game plan: - 2S/3P your Mappa Here is what to do about it: You are going to WAIT until bridget throws a move first and THEN throw the mappa. Any bridget knows that 2S and 3P will beat mappa if they do it fast enough but if you're throwing the mappa when bridget is in recovery from a previous 2S, yo-yo set or some other laggy move you will get a CH, link to BBU/DOT and then make bridget feel like crap. - Jump around and roll around to annoy you while using razor bear You're going to watch how he set the yo-yo before he starts his air movement. If it is 4set, the yo yo will be behind you or be on top of you by the time bridget is at the top of the screen. If you dash forward, you'll be out of any danger really at all. Razor bear will not be a threat and buri will be on the other side of the screen. If he jumps and sets it 3 or 5, you can j.K him while he sets it. If you don't, he'll usually follow up with roll roll airdash over you to force you in between him and the yo yo. Or he will summon razor or the other air bear and go try to make you run into it. Forward dash will take care of both of these options he has and put him into a situation he does not want to be in. What your main goal should be when bridget is in the air is to j.P or j.K him to death. After one combo you hit after j.P or j.K, the bridget player will get frustrated and start getting anxious. - Starship/Delay wakeup and how to oki it. Delay wakeup: He will want to THROW you after he does this. You can dash through it twice and 6K for throw bait. 6K will usually trade with starship but not in your favor. The key to beating starship is to simply backdash it and if he doesn't FRC, just BBU, 2D RC or DOT FRC him and the subsequent combo will most likely do a lot of fucking damage. If he does FRC it, he's pretty much safe but you're at a good range to poke him will stuff. Backdashing also takes care of his explosion super and the other super (BDC, see it, jump, Block, punish before the bear falls with BBU). - Unblockables, bear summons and the reason to laugh at them You can BDC 1fj out of the unblockables for free. If he is going for the j.D unblockable, you can BDC airthrow him. If he is doing the 2D 9set unblockable, you can forward dash and escape. On to bear summons... Everyone knows that if bridget is summoning a bear, you can DOT or BBU or Mappa him for free if you're at mid range and the yo-yo is behind you. The only way bridget can avoid the big damage awesome move you do is to FRC the bear and starship/backdash or something else. That is him spending tension to make his rushdown kind of safe, so you shouldn't really mind it. You can also get tricky and FDC bite him when he tries to summon a bear and the yo-yo is behind you and really frustrate bridget. - Bridget's Oki Oki #1 - 2K 2P xn - BDC bite works against this if he is in your face. otherwise, just backdash it and get away. Oki #2 - Starship throw bait - Backdash, be ready for the frc. If FRC doesn't happen, BBU. If it does, jump away and be ready to FD the 6S or break his airthrow. Oki #3 - Corner FB bear pressure. This is hard to avoid so it's better to just block it while FDing to push bridget back. He will knock you down, 5 set and FB bear. From here, he has some good mixup options. He has the typical jump in k into jc.K for fuzzy or landing low, airdash for late overhead. What you should be doing is FDing the normals that bridget is doing to force him back so he has less time for mixup. He can also do 6K/2K stuff so be weary of that. All in all, you're going to get damage on bridget by punishing his whiffed normals, backdashing starship appropriately, and j.King the hell out of him for running around in the air. If anyone has anything else to add, please post.

you forgot - Life Advantage and Time Out Round well taking initiatives poking Slayer is serious business imo(random screw up might instantly kill him lol) 2p/3p is his best pokes on this games as u've stated, but u shouldn't underestimate his 2s/2d. as it has lower body invul and good range, his 236k~k also clash/beat out all Slayer aerial option, once he has life advantage u wouldn't expect him to ever taking initiatives XD

I listed 2S with 3P.. Sweep on the other hand is really only safely countered by 6K. Since 2D has low invulnerability 2H will whiff or clash. 236K~K for aerial options? I believe j.H will beat it out clean and really, throwing 236K~K can't be a good idea for anti air. Really, it is not hard to get the life advantage for Slayer or take Buri's life advantage away. Any combo will do a looot of damage and Bridget's damage output is horrible. I say, let Bridget zone you with advantage until there are only about 20 seconds left in the round. Then start actively trying to poke her out of her zoning. One combo will do really good life and the it's going to be extremely RARE that bridget has full life over you in the last 20 seconds.

that gameplan is for Bridget and i'm posting from Bridget side of view (;^_^)a time out round when using a character that can deal shitload of damage/crappy zoning ability + bad mobility is kinda off concept XD Slayer jh will beat 236k~k if the last k follow up haven't out, if the follow up is out... u should test it yourself. in my experience, nothing beat that shit :D

Isn't there some serious use of 5k needed in this match? But I guess your not always in that range but I guess you'd use it more than whatever your used to.

5K is important in every matchup. Just in this one, Buri can 2K under 5K.. Also Bridget has really good options when dealing with the mixup after 5K. 3P will CH 6K, beat 2K/2D/2H and CH another 5K if you're delaying too much. 2P is a much better tool as it will beat 3P/2S/6P/2P and recover in time to guard sweep and Starship. I really only use whiffed 5K's in this matchup to make Buri think there is an opening then fill the hole with either backdash or 2P hoping for a whiff or a CH. Come to think of it, I really don't use 5K as a poke in this match at all. I only use it for combos. 2P is like the god move. It beats pot 5H from FULL SCREEN! lol. A weird specific - Throwing 2P at the end of a guard string will recover before an attempted starship. Excelence, I've played with Jais pretty much every single day for the past few months and I guarantee that 236K~K is not a good anti air vs Slayer. I've never seen it used where 6S could be used for the same thing to get better damage and setup with Bridget. Really, the only time I ever see it attempted is if he does a full screen KSMH (which begs for a CH DoT) and I'm jumping backwards. Usually j.H will be out if a Slayer is jumping backwards and then you're getting CH for a lot of damage. If you wait and dash through starship a little before it goes inactive, you can get a really good launch off 2H for almost half life if you do the proper combo. And as always, use a HEALTHY dose of dash through mixup as Buri can delay wakeup vs. standard dandy oki and really mess you up. BDC mappa as throw bait is also really good vs delay wakeup. 2D knockdown (watch her delay) dash through, BDC mappa for CH. Dash through again after the j.D knockdown after CH P mappa->BBU combo and just backdash to bait a starship or throw another mappa as the yo-yo will be way the hell on the other side of the screen. Another thing, if you're ever between the yo-yo and Bridget, just dash through him. Bridget is only good at mixup if he has the yo-yo behind you and his mixup isn't that hard to block at all. You can even 5P him out of his rolling mixup if you're IBing correctly for LOTS of damage. If you take away his mixup, all he has is zoning. Any bad move on his part leads to him losing a lot of life and the repercussion if YOU get poked for trying to CH Bridget isn't that scary at all. This matchup is really uphill for Bridget as he has to get you down past 75% life and have almost full life and the clock almost down. Just remember, if there are 15 seconds left, buri has full life and you have none, all you need is two correct combos to win.