Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackwing55

How to beat highlander assualt?

Very, very slowly. I'm afraid there's no better way to put it, since most of her moves do nothing on him. Make sure to learn all of his patterns and react to them (watch Imperator's aura, it changes colors according to the incoming attack). It's possible to beat him without receiving a single bit of damage if you're smart about it, though it might require a bit of luck.

Very, very slowly. I'm afraid there's no better way to put it, since most of her moves do nothing on him. Make sure to learn all of his patterns and react to them (watch Imperator's aura, it changes colors according to the incoming attack). It's possible to beat him without receiving a single bit of damage if you're smart about it, though it might require a bit of luck.

Crap I was hoping I missed something that would be super helpful like this distortion actually works or go into OD spam this.

Alright then when hitting his face what is the best way to do this also bullets heat up state while charging gives projectile invuln which is helpful versus him no? You want to be in heat up since it increases your speed right? Also his fast punch is the move that always gets me, weirdly enough it's also a projectile.

Even as good as I am I lost my patience against Takamikazu-....takamihara-...tobyhana-...fuck this boss and their name.

Yeah don't bother with distortions.

I had the best luck doing 6B > JC > jB > jC  to stunlock him while in his face.

Doing 5B > 6B > JC > jB > jC in a loop does decent damage in the core phase (when you interrupt the laser). Can't compare to the damage of some other characters, but you can kill him in 3 phases this way.

ALWAYS keep an eye on his meter. When he hits 100% the first time he likely will go for the laser super. Past that point, make sure you stay about one screen distance away from him as soon as he hits 100% because he prefers to use the laser distortion when you're far away. Don't forget to afterburn every once in awhile or you'll burn out when you need it the most. :v:

Flint shooter also helps against the sentries and orbs if you're in heat up.