Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cross

Problem with 623 inputs starting from a crouching position.

Hello,

For years I've had a problem with inputting 623 starting from crouch. I recently picked up fighters again after about a year and a half hiatus and now this problem is coming back to bite me in the ass. Canceling crouching normals into 623 specials is a huge problem for me. Something about going from 2 to 6 just feels very unnatural .Any pointers on this? The answer is probably just keep practicing but I feel so frustrated with it at this point.  

If it's part of a combo or something, you could always buffer the 6, for example if you wanted to do 5B > 2C > 623A, you could input 5B > 62C > 3A.

Personally, I have never done this because I find it confusing for my fingers, but some people like it. Whenever I have to combo a 623 motion from crouching, I just think of it as a 236236 motion and that makes it easier. Speed is the key.

I does take a bit of practice. What works for me is confirming the normal and letting the pad go neutral as it connects before 623. If you become quick enough, it's actually pretty simple.

I does take a bit of practice. What works for me is confirming the normal and letting the pad go neutral as it connects before 623. If you become quick enough, it's actually pretty simple.

This is the method I've been doing. I'll keep at it I guess. Probably shouldn't have made this thread, I was just very frustrated at the time. 

Thanks guys. 

Think of it as walking forward, then 23. A different mindset makes all the difference.