Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HCO_

How to download from NicoVideo.

How to download videos from Nicovideo~!

This is pretty short and pretty ez. First you will need this program, NicoPlayer

(Just google it because it gets updated often and I'm not going to update the post every time;;)

Once you've got that downloaded, run the program. You should get a window resembling this:

Posted Image

Press F3. It will open up the download manager window.

Posted Image

(M) = video (P) = view after downloading © = comments (A) put in playlist

Here you will need to input your Nicovideo username/password, by clicking the (T) menu and selecting the first option (S).

The first screen will contain your download folder. You can leave it be and the default directory will be "Down" inside your NicoPlayer folder, or put in something custom.

Go to the tab furthest on the right and fill in your email/pass.

Now you're ready to download some shit (almost). The method you use for NicoPlayer is to copy a nicovideo link to your clipboard. So just highlight a nico link, ctrl+c, and it will pop into your download window, which looks like this:

Posted Image

Press yes. It should start downloading after a little while. Congratulations, you now have access to GLORIOUS NIPPON'S VIDEOS! \(≧∇≦)/

Take note that since Nicovideo has implemented their bandwidth economy scheme wherein they lower video quality across the board during Japan's prime time, this means that you will be downloading low quality VP6 Flash videos (the equivalent of low quality Youtube) instead of HQ MP4s if you choose to download at the wrong time. Also, some videos will not have an HQ download, just like Youtube.

Credit goes mostly to sekuhara for helping me understand this shit, I just compiled it into a guide. Let me know if I missed something and I'll add it in. Enjoy ~

Alternative method 1) Have Firefox. 2) Google "greasemonkey" 3) Google "nicowatch tools" 4) mash button, get vid

thanks for the tutorial :psyduck: but i use other way for download videos. (with download helper, a firefox plugin)

I know there are alternate methods, but a lot of people don't know how to DL from nico. This is just the way I'm familiar with, so I'm putting it out there. If nothing else it can be a reference.

Since my sound driver hasn't been working lately, this may be a boon. I usually dump my stuff on my PSP to watch later.

*BUMP*

a little question about the program.

it seems that after it finishes download a vids, it gives an error message, and only after pressing OK it will go on with the rest of the download (no idea what the error means since the vids is well placed in my computer :P). as it's not such a bit problem by itself, it does prevent me from putting it to download for the night (since it will wait for my "ok" after each download) any suggestion here?

arrrm, and one more thing, how do i delete from the program entries already downloaded?

I've got now FlashGet, but if i try to give it the link to the video form nico, it will only download an XML file (32kb or so). tried to put in my password and user but no use.

any help using it for nico? since NicoPlayer can only barley do the trick.

I use the firefox plugin flashgot with flashget. When I right click on a nico page, it gives me the option 'FlashGot Media'. Try that and see if it works. It should give you the choose location save thing and save it as flv or mp4 depending on what it was uploaded as.

Personally I use the Nicofox plugin for Firefox.

This is better than every other program or otherwise method ever mentioned in this thread.

when you use nicofox is it downloaded to flv or mp4???? or other

It depends, and this feature is probably what makes Nicofox shine. When the servers are heavy, free users suffer from "economy mode", which is generally reduced quality.

If you download in economy mode, they will be flvs. Pretty trash quality.

Otherwise, you'll get mp4.

You can configure your setting to not download during economy mode and wait until it ends when the servers are more vacant to traffic.

Ah, I hate bumping an old thread, but this is what I found from searching. Can someone please explain how nicofox works. I downloaded and installed it but I don't even know where it is/what it's doing. Flashgot/get didn't work at all, always DLs 25KB files of nothing.

Ah, I hate bumping an old thread, but this is what I found from searching. Can someone please explain how nicofox works. I downloaded and installed it but I don't even know where it is/what it's doing. Flashgot/get didn't work at all, always DLs 25KB files of nothing.

On the lower right side of your browser.

Thanks for the quick reply Skye. That shit's nearly invisible haha.

Well nicofox tells me that nicovideo is an economy mode right now. Maybe that's why the other methods weren't working without telling me why. Should be good for now, thanks.

Seems all the apps and plugins recommended above are not working anymore. Right now the only one I can find that still works and can batch download videos from Niconico is houlo video downloader.

If you don't have a NicoNico account you need to sign up a new account first. Once done, launch the software and navigate to "Settings" page, click on "www.nicovide.jp" in the list and input your NicoNico login email/password in the right side fields, click "Save Changes". Then you can start downloading the video immediately.

You guys can download it here:

http://houlo.com/houlo-video-downloader

:toot: