Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doobylover

[P4U2] Yukiko vs. Yukari

Welcome to the thread! Feel free to ask questions or offer you insight into the match...any help is greatly appreciated. Good luck, Yuki players!

m3b5t.jpg

In this thread we'll be discussing a matchup between zoners! Can Yukiko outshine "the Defender of Justice," or will the Featherman prove too much for Yukiko to handle? Come in and find out!

post-37405-0-55023400-1409721090_thumb.p

After fighting this matchup quite a bit in the last few days, I have some (early) pointers for anyone who may be struggling.  First thing's first, she definitely outzones us from 3/4 to full screen away.  If she has you in this position, I would recommend throwing fans in between arrows to hit her Persona when she goes for Persona attacks.  Other than that, find openings to get your fire levels up and block patiently until she decides to move in.  You can also use 3D, but I would recommend only using this sparingly since her arrows are pretty quick and will end up taking a card away if you're not really careful with it.  If the player remains comfortable sticking at fullscreen and giving you a bunch of blue chip damage, use Dia to bait her into coming to you.  When she gets to be about midscreen, stop using Dia and block if necessary.

Midscreen is where you want to play this matchup.  At midscreen, Yukiko seems to outzone her.  Between B Agi, 6B fans, and Persona normals, Yukari has a hard time dealing.  I wouldn't recommend holding Agi very much outside of oki since she's quite mobile.  If she tries to run away, chase her with fans, Maragi, and 4/5/6D.

Be ever more careful than you already should be playing if she has 50 meter on hand and is in Awakening.  Magarula is fast and will hurt you for doing anything with long startup/recovery.  I don't know if there's a good way around this move, unfortunately.  Just block the mixup as best you can.

That's about all I have for now.  Hope it helps.