Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

Axl Low Forum Collaborative Combo Vid

Hm...I'm trying to figure something out with Dizzy, but I need to know how to get her fishes to turn around when she uses a laser as a second attack. Do you know how to get it to do that?

I think it should include Housoubako clashing with something. Can you still do the FB after it clashes? If so, there should be a clash, then a Housoubako, then the opponent cancels the move that triggered it with something that clashes with Housoubako, then you do the FB, then the opponent clashes with THAT.

I would be pretty happy with a set of symmetrical Axl v Axl clashes eventually ending in double counterhit Axl Bomber sending both flying, wouldn't be terribly hard to flesh out, would be classy.

Why can't we have multiple clashy things? Reckless had three that were very well-edited together.

One I was gonna use in a multi-char combo vid, but thats turning into something else 5K > 5S > 2D > Rensen FRC > IAD j.D l> rensen FRC > IAD j.D l> rensen FRC > IAD j.D l> rensen FRC l> IAD j.D > bomber > rensen ~ 2 its a PAIN IN THE ASS to do, you have to be air dash as soon as you frc, then be holding back immediately upon air dashing (FRC > 9564 motion), so then you have to be hitting the j.D as low to the ground as possible every time. I can hit it on both slayer and faust, on 3 others, can't remember who, it didn't work so not sure who all it does/doesn't work on. I've always started mid screen and drug them to the corner, atm I don't feel like spending the time testing it out, but I think you may be able to carry them from one corner to the other this way. It really doesn't look that great, but the execution is as hard as anything you'll find in an axl vid. If you don't believe me, try getting that 3 reps to be a non-blackbeat combo.

The number of combos in my list of combos is now up to 6. I keep trying to find new ways to get the opponent airborne in order to get a combo going, but it's hard when so many of them have just already been done -_-

can't Axl clash against VV with well placed 3p (or is 3k the weird downward angle one) then you can clash with the second hit with DP maybe, and then have sol still try to do the follow up, and then CH him out of it with something.... and then do a combo and Sol will be in the air. If the clash thing doesn't work I apologize, I was just brainstorming while I eat my breakfast. Is it possible to do something like cross up tk FB bomber? If you timed it right you could even do it so it hits on the first frame where even though they are crouching standing moves hit them, and then they'd be super low to the ground and you might be able to do some weird combo. I know this has sort of been done before but figured I'd toss it out there.

One I was gonna use in a multi-char combo vid, but thats turning into something else

5K > 5S > 2D > Rensen FRC > IAD j.D l> rensen FRC > IAD j.D l> rensen FRC > IAD j.D l> rensen FRC l> IAD j.D > bomber > rensen ~ 2

its a PAIN IN THE ASS to do, you have to be air dash as soon as you frc, then be holding back immediately upon air dashing (FRC > 9564 motion), so then you have to be hitting the j.D as low to the ground as possible every time. I can hit it on both slayer and faust, on 3 others, can't remember who, it didn't work so not sure who all it does/doesn't work on. I've always started mid screen and drug them to the corner, atm I don't feel like spending the time testing it out, but I think you may be able to carry them from one corner to the other this way. It really doesn't look that great, but the execution is as hard as anything you'll find in an axl vid. If you don't believe me, try getting that 3 reps to be a non-blackbeat combo.

The real difficulty of this, I assume, isn't as much getting your charge back or airdashing at the right time (A lot of Axl combos involve tight airdashes), but inputting the forward+S of the rensen in such a way that it's considered to be cancelled from the j.D. Otherwise I'm betting the landing recovery makes it hard to continue the combo.

can't Axl clash against VV with well placed 3p (or is 3k the weird downward angle one) then you can clash with the second hit with DP maybe, and then have sol still try to do the follow up, and then CH him out of it with something.... and then do a combo and Sol will be in the air.

If the clash thing doesn't work I apologize, I was just brainstorming while I eat my breakfast.

I know the 3P works, I'm trying to think of what's fast enough to come out and clash before the second hit. How many frames between the two hits again?

Is it possible to do something like cross up tk FB bomber? If you timed it right you could even do it so it hits on the first frame where even though they are crouching standing moves hit them, and then they'd be super low to the ground and you might be able to do some weird combo. I know this has sort of been done before but figured I'd toss it out there.

I've played with this a little. I won't say it's impossible (it probably isn't), but I can't get it to work. For some reason, the FB doesn't have a very big back hitbox, so I'm guessing it'd have to be a very specific meaty timing/spacing that sets you up right inside them in an oki situation or something (Although getting it to cross up in the air is a completely different story, and is quite a bit easier). If it's been done before, do you have the video you've seen it in, so I can get an idea of what the setup is?

Could somebody please do a Bomber from above the screen. That would be sweet.

I've played with this a little. I won't say it's impossible (it probably isn't), but I can't get it to work. For some reason, the FB doesn't have a very big back hitbox, so I'm guessing it'd have to be a very specific meaty timing/spacing that sets you up right inside them in an oki situation or something (Although getting it to cross up in the air is a completely different story, and is quite a bit easier). If it's been done before, do you have the video you've seen it in, so I can get an idea of what the setup is?

I didn't mean the cross up, I meant Im pretty sure Ive seen something similar with a really low to the ground hitting FB.

thats easy

throw > 5P > 2S > sj.h > sj.D > FB > FB > FB > bomber

Fuck that.

Eddie v. Axl:

Eddie: Shadow gallery (First hit clashes), FD, j.D (Or j.K? What would work?) (Clashes)

Axl: 5P (first hit clashes), 63214H (First hit clashes), Bomber.

What is it with you and purple? EDIT: How about something by Ellegarden? They're Japanese, sure, but they primarily sing in English anyway, and there's precedent in that Reckless and Meiro, both awesome combo videos, both featured Ellegarden.

Purple is over. This is the time for green. More music suggestions: Pendulum - Slam (4:09 including about a minute of intro business) Pendulum - Propane Nightmares (4:15) George Baker - Little GREEN Bag (herk herk) Pendulum is harder stuff, DnB, but would be really good if that's the "feel" we want to give the video. I don't really want to do Ellegarden for the reason you gave: it's been done before. If we do Axl Mirror clashing, we should have one be DW's purple vs. my green (Slash P). My avatar is old, don't worry about it.

No way. The only correct Axl mirror clash is AC K vs AC H. Also, your reason for not having it be Ellegarden doesn't make sense. It would fulfill the pattern, since this CMV will be awesome. Also Ellegarden's a good band

Following Stark's example, I've decided to update my first post with each new combo I create. This latest one is an homage to the B-loops of old. Also, for any combos involving tech traps or meaty Rashou, I suggest that we take off health bar refilling, in order that the full damage of the combo be shown.

On that note, the first combo I list against Chipp is actually supposed to kill him, but it only does 416 damage. The rest of it comes from chipping him through the blocked Rensen.

so sorry chaps,havent been around in a bit.im loving these ideas and input!dont have a ps2 right now,but ill draw up some stuff i can thnk of off memory and post em up soonz:D