Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

Axl Low Forum Collaborative Combo Vid

Yes, dizzy on CH Bomber. I have combo on Di with another finisher.

I'd say jazz it up a bit and do the DI one (The finisher should be something either cooler or unburstable from the getgo (IE just do the super, or rashousen, or something).

As far as combos with Byakuerenshou go, I'm, uh... Pretty proud of this one. Corner combo, vs Eddie - With Eddie in corner and Axl at other end of screen, Axl: 66, Eddie: 22D, Axl barely dodges with running raiei S, setting up the following combo: CH Raieisageki S, Raieisageki S, 66 cS-5H-Byakuerenshou (RC for Beat 9), Raieisageki S, Raieisageki S, Rensengeki > Sensageki Edit: So I'm trying to make a combo that just has as many Axl Bombers in it as possible, inspired by the Bridget combo in Axl Outstanding Combo Clips. In the corner, vs May, I can get CH TK Axl Bomber, TK Axl Bomber, TK Axl Bomber, TK Axl Bomber, Rensengeki (FRC), 66 TK Axl Bomber, TK Axl Bomber, Rensengeki (FRC) 66 TK Axl bomber, but I just barely can't seem to get another TK Axl Bomber. I just barely whiff every time I get to that point. This is bad, because in its current state the combo only contains exactly as many Axl Bombers as the aforementioned Bridget combo, and that's just not acceptable (since the Bridget combo is automatically cooler since it has that many Axl Bombers plus extra stuff.) I'm pretty sure it's possible, but I just can't seem to do it. If it works, it should be possible from there to do another Rensen FRC 66 TK Axl Bomber Rensen Sensa for a total of 9 bombers... But I'm just not quite sure it works completely. Could someone verify? Edit: Darago thought up this combo, but couldn't get it to work. I, however, just did. vs Anji, from start position: Anji: Butterfly Axl: Rashousen Double CH, TK Kokuugeki (FRC), AD Kokuugeki (FRC) |> 6K-2S-sjH-jD-Kokuugeki (FRC), AD jD-Kokuugeki (FRC), Kokuugeki

I actually have a few random combos posted in the combo thread that we could use... Like, for example: Meaty 6H-->Benten (FRC), j.H, j.D, Bomber, (j.D, Bomber) x2, 2S, j.D, Bomber, rensen, 2 (238 damage) c.S, 5H, Rensen (FRC), 5P (1), Rensen (--> FRC, Combo?) Any TKB RC combo 6K Counterhit combos (The first hit makes them go flying, raei will connect, fun stuff etc.) Something demonstrating that awesome Shiranami kills RC thing. Non-standard ID: IE something like... 5D-->j.D, FB, falling j.H or j.D, continue combo from ground. Maybe oldschool Bloops with 2S (1) 6K (1) TKFB? And the BIG FAT POTEMKIN ONLY COMBO: c.S, 5P (2), 2S (1), 6K (2), Rensen (FRC), run, 2K, 2S (2), 6K (1), 2S (2), j.D, Bomber, 5P (2), Rensen (FRC), run, 5P (2), (2S (2), 6K (2)) x N until you're at about 36-37 hits, 2S (2), Rensen (FRC), 5P, rensen, 2. I think you can do 5P, rensen (FRC), Rensen, 2 (you build enough meter for it) but I'm not sure, as I was personally unable to do it. You can get the up to 37 hits part with other characters, but the beginning of the combo changes to: 2K, c.S, 5H, 2D, Rensen (FRC), IAD j.H, 5K, 2S, j.D, Bomber, run, 5K, 2S, j.D, Bomber, Rensen (FRC) --> Start the 6K-2S madness until 37-39 hits (It varies from character to character,) enact tech trap when you're tired of it/at 37 or whatever hits.

Double posts are hot. On topic: Since it's looking like the video will probably round out to be 4-6 minutes long, anyone searching for an appropriate song should probably start to limit their suggestions to that length of time.

ok,so ill post up what ive got in the morning.computer running refuckindiculous slow right now.:psyduck:one question to stark i had, or anyone one else really,was with the double raie combo's.if memory serves me best,does it work on everyone who has like a high sliding hitbox?(i.e probably not slayer,or say millia).ill probably have a chance to test out all the stuff ive wrote down tommorrow(:keke: about that),but just so i know in advance.apoligies,im usually not hardware impaired:).and is there any clarification on songs as far as TYPE of music ppl prefer?tempo wise and stuff?i just kinda thought a slow breakdown somewhere to maybe showcase some sweet clash stuff or something could be pretty epic.

I thought it'd be nifty if someone did a flashy combo off of the first hit of CH Rashousen. I was about to send it out once, and the first hit them but they also hit me and we both got CH'd. But when I recovered he was still doing the slow-motion fall, so I picked up a combo off of it.

Double posts are hot.

On topic: Since it's looking like the video will probably round out to be 4-6 minutes long, anyone searching for an appropriate song should probably start to limit their suggestions to that length of time.

Does that include padding (Intro, credits, etc.)?

one question to stark i had, or anyone one else really,was with the double raie combo's.if memory serves me best,does it work on everyone who has like a high sliding hitbox?

Raiei actually has a really weird hitbox that is not at all where it claims to be and if the opponent's sliding hitbox isn't super low it will probably hit. It doesn't work on Slayer or Millia, though, no.

I thought it'd be nifty if someone did a flashy combo off of the first hit of CH Rashousen. I was about to send it out once, and the first hit them but they also hit me and we both got CH'd. But when I recovered he was still doing the slow-motion fall, so I picked up a combo off of it.

Yeah, Darago's 7th listed combo features something like that.

Between Stark and me, we have combos on: Potemkin Anji Faust Venom Slayer Testament Chipp Dizzy Bridget Eddie Baiken Johnny Two other characters I think we should try to get something on every character.

On Slayer, in the corner, with forward tech on:

Raiei S, c.S, TK 623D, AD, j.D, 623H, 2S, j.D, 623H, Rensen (FRC), Raiei S, Rashou feint, block Slayer's Eien no Tsubasa, CH 5H, 6K, 2S, sj.H, sj.D, 623D, AD, j.D, 623H, tech throw into corner, OTG Rensen (FRC), tech throw into corner, IK mode

This should kill Slayer.

It's not that I don't like the combo and all, but this is most unlikely to happen in a match... Any Slayer would prefer doing a BDC instead of a super in the corner, especially if you're doing a rashousen (the super won't hit...)

And finally, the rashou feint is more to "tech trap" as the slide can usually be teched after a 10 hit combos (and it's at least a 11 hit...)

Then again, I'm not sure I understand what combo's you guys are trying to make... Why not doing the above combo on Sol, doing a VV S-> 214+K ? it'll counter hit too...

It's not that I don't like the combo and all, but this is most unlikely to happen in a match... Any Slayer would prefer doing a BDC instead of a super in the corner, especially if you're doing a rashousen (the super won't hit...)

And finally, the rashou feint is more to "tech trap" as the slide can usually be teched after a 10 hit combos (and it's at least a 11 hit...)

Then again, I'm not sure I understand what combo's you guys are trying to make... Why not doing the above combo on Sol, doing a VV S-> 214+K ? it'll counter hit too...

First Bold Part: That's all fine and dandy, and you're probably right, but I'm not really interested in punishing a normal DP. Anyone can come up with a neat way to punish something like VV. All the same principles apply for Eien, of course, but I'm sure you'll agree that punishing that is a lot more unique than punishing VV.

Second Bold Part: Um...yes, it will hit. You just have to stay in close enough to fool the Slayer into thinking you won't cancel and block.

Third Bold Part: I'm entirely confused by what you mean. You can't "tech" slides in the traditional sense of the term, so I'm probably misunderstanding.

Fourth Bold Part: Flashy crap. That is all.

I'm entirely confused by what you mean. You can't "tech" slides in the traditional sense of the term, so I'm probably misunderstanding.

Instead of simply getting up after ground slide effects, if you have enough hits, you can do a technical recovery at the end of the slide.

Yeah, it seems that if it's done low enough, the slide is untechable.

First Bold Part: That's all fine and dandy, and you're probably right, but I'm not really interested in punishing a normal DP. Anyone can come up with a neat way to punish something like VV. All the same principles apply for Eien, of course, but I'm sure you'll agree that punishing that is a lot more unique than punishing VV.

Then, how about punishing Ky's "ride the lightening" or a super you can punish with a counter hit ? Something that is more likely to happen in this specific situation. Because honestly, Eien no tsubasa ? You only see this move online...

I'm not good at thinking about combos, but can somebody find somthing with these in it ?

1) In corner : Rensengeki-> 8 -> Combo... I know 2+S comboes, but how about TK FD Bomber ?

2) Punishing Dizzy's Catch super (with Benten HS on reaction).

3) Not a combo, but something stupid to kill like : blocked string-> Super-> (before 2nd part) RC-> Rashousen.

4) Impossible dust combo : 5+D-> Kokuugeki-> FRC-> Raieisageki S-> FRC-> Combo...

5) VS Faust, both at the opposite of the screen : Faust launches his bomb-> His scalpel. Axl Counters with Housoubakou-> Explosion on faust. Axl catches up with a dashing super jump installed Raieisageki S-> FRC-> Air dash-> Combo... (not sure it works, but if something like that happens, it'll be flashy and stuff ^^)

3) Not a combo, but something stupid to kill like : blocked string-> Super-> (before 2nd part) RC-> Rashousen.

I do this IRL from time to time, shit is so class

yes. It's a powerful tool against scardy-cats who don't want to jump after the first part. Most likely because the RC motion is completely masked by the flames surrounding Axl. Plus, the rashousen motion is exactly like the 2nd part of the super ^^

Yeah, it seems that if it's done low enough, the slide is untechable.

Then, how about punishing Ky's "ride the lightening" or a super you can punish with a counter hit ? Something that is more likely to happen in this specific situation. Because honestly, Eien no tsubasa ? You only see this move online...

I find it funny that you're lecturing me on practicality and telling me to try countering Ride the Lightning in the same breath. :8/:

Anyway, Beowulf, I don't know if you're right about the Eien thing. I don't play a Slayer, and I certainly don't play #Relag. Keep in mind, however, that we are creating a combo video, and all good combo videos are built around flash. The combo you reference could, theoretically, be done on just about any DP in the game; but Eien is just a little bit brighter, just a little bit cooler to see it done on. Thus, it's staying as is.

I wish Ky did RTL more, it would give me more practice timing 2K as early as possible to beat it

I find it funny that you're lecturing me on practicality and telling me to try countering Ride the Lightning in the same breath. :8/:

as far as overdrives' punisments are concerned, you're right. Why this super instead of the other one ? In fact, Eien is cooler to punish than ride the lightening...

However, and that's what disturbs me, the fact that you're whole setups is like a "way to win a match against Slayer" is wrong. Because Slayer has better to do here on rashousen : BDC-> IAD-> j.HS (CH)-> Combo. As the j.HS is safe on bloc !!

now why RTL instead ? Because Ky doesn't have an other way to try to counter rashousen on wakeup, that's all.

Conclusion : Your punishment of eien is good. But the whole setup seems wrong with the super in it. Then again, if I'm the only one it disturbs, I don't see why putting it in the combo movie will be a problem ^^

the fact that you're whole setups is like a "way to win a match against Slayer" is wrong.

Are you saying that full guard bar build > CH Axl Bomber > CH Axl Bomber > CH Axl Bomber > CH Axl Bomber > Axl Bomber > IK during dizzy isn't a legit way to win fights!?

I'm pretty sure that no one expects anything in a combo video to ever happen in a match. If it's practical stuff, it doesn't belong.

Well it's different. Your example just shows that it's possible for Axl to actually build the oponent's guard bar fully AND kill him in a single combo... Of course, smart oponent would FD out anyway... Whatever do what you want. I'm just saying what I think that's all.

Well it's different. Your example just shows that it's possible for Axl to actually build the oponent's guard bar fully AND kill him in a single combo...

Of course, smart oponent would FD out anyway...

I definitely disagree with that one. Not only do people get their guardbar built up all the time, but it's definitely NOT smart to just FD everything. :psyduck:

Can i still add to this? I do a bit of an unorthidox mix up. After KD i psyche out with whiffing 6p or 2k or 5k, though i like 6p becuase it looks like something you could get punished for. depending on how i feel i do something like whiff 6p, TK axl bomber (combo change dependent on CH, character and position on on screen) or whiff 6p 2k 66 4fdhs (grab) or whiff 6p 3p 5hs frc 66 6p (bait for CH) or if shoruken character whiff 6p 214p -> BNB or bait a grab with early whiff 6p 4hs (just out of range of grab so that they HS and you get free CH into fat combo Also have a rough newb axl mix up that always seems to work. In corner and they block 46s hold 2 for the spin RC during spin 6hs 66 grab. Low high randomness all for setting up the grab. Most opponents eat the 6hs because its so random and concentrate really hard on blocking the next part because of it so the grab almost always works and because its in the corner its a newb set up but kief results.