Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Digital Watches

Axl Low Forum Collaborative Combo Vid

http://files.filefront.com/Horokei+Ax007avi/;10404877;/fileinfo.html

My old combo

Also "JI Raisai frc j.K jc j.D" fuzzy guard mixup on Eddie/Johnny with blockstring and combo

c.S 6P c.S 8 5H

To be perfectly accurate, this is where the blockstring ends.

63214S frc j.K jc j.D koku (blockstring) frc Bomber (bomber ch) iad j.D bomba, (short dash 2S j.D bomba)*2(or 3), short dash 2S j.H j.D koku frc air dash FB Bomber (Eddie already dead)

So I had occasion last night where my internet went down at 1:30 in the morning, and I was all "Man! What can I do when my internet is down at 1:30 in the morning? Oh yeah. Bullshit combos." So here's something that looks cool and also involves several rather tricky links and it took me something like two hours to get it off once. vs Faust, from starting locations 66 backthrow, TK FB Axl Bomber, fall until you're rather close to the ground but not minimum height Kokuugeki (FRC), 66 Axl Bomber |> 66 2S-jD-Axl Bomber |> let Faust fall slightly, Rensen (1-hit or 2-hit, 3-hit will drop the combo) (FRC) 9 jH-jD-Kokuugeki

So I had occasion last night where my internet went down at 1:30 in the morning, and I was all "Man! What can I do when my internet is down at 1:30 in the morning? Oh yeah. Bullshit combos." So here's something that looks cool and also involves several rather tricky links and it took me something like two hours to get it off once.

vs Faust, from starting locations

66 backthrow, TK FB Axl Bomber, fall until you're rather close to the ground but not minimum height Kokuugeki (FRC), 66 Axl Bomber |> 66 2S-jD-Axl Bomber |> let Faust fall slightly, Rensen (1-hit or 2-hit, 3-hit will drop the combo) (FRC) 9 jH-jD-Kokuugeki

+ (On tech) dj. Airthrow.

I did this just now. On Potemkin, anywhere from mid-screen to waaaaay back: c.S, 2H (FRC), run up, 5K, 5P, 2S (1 hit), 6K, Rensen (FRC), run up, 5P, Rensen (FRC), Run up, 5P, Rensen (FRC), run up, (2S, 6K) x N, Benten S whiff If you can think of a cooler ending, be my guest.

You know, I really don't think we should be including combos that are strictly worse than bread-and-butter stuff. And really, there's no point in long combos when you're forced against the corner when the fact of the matter is that you can just cS-2D-Rensen FRC 66 crossunder cS-jD-FB Bomber > bomber loop against every character, for much less tension and damage than what you just said.

they're BnB's because they're generally the best combos to do, you won't find better... a combo vid is made up of flash and little to nothing else, all we care about is if it looks cool, i could give a damn if my 80 hit combo only does 20 damage, i bet it looks amazing and thats what matters

I did this just now.

On Potemkin, anywhere from mid-screen to waaaaay back:

c.S, 2H (FRC), run up, 5K, 5P, 2S (1 hit), 6K, Rensen (FRC), run up, 5P, Rensen (FRC), Run up, 5P, Rensen (FRC), run up, (2S, 6K) x N, Benten S whiff

If you can think of a cooler ending, be my guest.

Note: I proposed that combo already and DID do a cooler ending (Granted, it didn't include the 2H FRC, but meh). See: 50+ hit potemkin combo.

they're BnB's because they're generally the best combos to do, you won't find better...

a combo vid is made up of flash and little to nothing else, all we care about is if it looks cool, i could give a damn if my 80 hit combo only does 20 damage, i bet it looks amazing and thats what matters

I don't think a combo video should be full of utterly useless garbage, though. I mean, I'm all about spending more tension for only the tiniest of gains, but when you get the same (or better) results with less tension use as a B&B combo, that's somewhat questionable. Plus, as Alex says, Darago's combo isn't even as cool as an already-existing very long Pot-only combo, and it uses 25% more tension too.

Note: I proposed that combo already and DID do a cooler ending (Granted, it didn't include the 2H FRC, but meh). See: 50+ hit potemkin combo.

I don't think a combo video should be full of utterly useless garbage, though. I mean, I'm all about spending more tension for only the tiniest of gains, but when you get the same (or better) results with the more tension use as a B&B combo, that's somewhat questionable. Plus, as Alex says, Darago's combo isn't even as cool as an already-existing very long Pot-only combo, and it uses 25% more tension too.

I have, apparently, failed utterly. :psyduck:

Also, I'm requesting we don't use my Slayer 100% string, since it's kind of boring in retrospect. I might revise it later, but for now it's off the list.

Doublepost lol

Here's an idea I don't have the time to test, but if someone wants to take it up, be my guest.

Some string into 2H (FRC), run up, throw (6H), Rensen (FRC), JI Raiei S (FRC), AD, combo.

Theoretically, this should switch Axl's facing position twice, which I think would be cool.

That could be cool Also I was setting my execution to pass the time while my computer's hard drive was formatting and I got a bit bored of doing regular combos so I went back to combo video fodder. This one is actually pretty easy, but it looks cool anyway. vs Potemkin, starting position 66 cS-2D-Rensen (FRC), 66 crossunder cS-jD-FB Bomber, jK-djD-FB Bomber, (fall for a bit,) FB Bomber, Bomber |> jump and tech throw into corner

Doublepost lol

Here's an idea I don't have the time to test, but if someone wants to take it up, be my guest.

Some string into 2H (FRC), run up, throw (6H), Rensen (FRC), JI Raiei S (FRC), AD, combo.

Theoretically, this should switch Axl's facing position twice, which I think would be cool.

2H FRC --> Throw is seldom valid on max stagger (You'd have to like, hit him within throw range, FRC immediately, and throw, which I think won't work because of pushback unless it's a CH, which raises further objections), and prior Axl CMVs have made me somewhat scorn non-max-(or at least 3)-stagger-reliant combos. Stark, your combo seems a little too close to standard stuff to be combovid material.

Honestly, I think we have enough combos, unless someone has something absurdly cool that we haven't thought of (either in this or in prior vids). What we need to do is get someone editing, get combos recorded, and pick a damn song already (Further note: I retain veto power for the music, barring like... 4/5ths majority overrule)

Honestly, I think we have enough combos, unless someone has something absurdly cool that we haven't thought of (either in this or in prior vids).

Stark and I seem to disagree with you.

(Further note: I retain veto power for the music, barring like... 4/5ths majority overrule)

Why? Sure, you're the Axl mod, but this is supposed to be an entirely collaborative video. Sure, you're a self-professed audiophile, but that doesn't necessarily make your musical taste any better than someone else's. Sure, you're doing the recording, but Stark and I have come up with most of the combos (and you're certainly not the only other contributor), and someone else entirely will probably be doing the editing. I can't see much of a reason for you having veto power.

EDIT: Here's a combo, remarkable not so much for being hard as for being really damaging:

Vs. Eddie, mid-screen:

Air CH 6H, Kokuu (FRC), j.D, 623D, 623H, 2S, j.D, 623H, Byakuerenshou (309 damage)

I'm trying some other stuff with air CH 6H as well.

Stark and I seem to disagree with you.

And that's fine? I'm not saying WE SHALL HAVE NO MORE COMBOS AND STOP NOW, BRIEF MORTALS. I'm expressing my personal opinion. And with the combo you just mentioned, I think I've been proven wrong, since it's definitely cool for doing over 300 damage with no guardbar (granted, it's full meter, but whatever, combovid.)

Why? Sure, you're the Axl mod, but this is supposed to be an entirely collaborative video. Sure, you're a self-professed audiophile, but that doesn't necessarily make your musical taste any better than someone else's. Sure, you're doing the recording, but Stark and I have come up with most of the combos (and you're certainly not the only other contributor), and someone else entirely will probably be doing the editing. I can't see much of a reason for you having veto power.

I can't either. :v:

But I mean come on. Tokio Hotel? Really? There's gotta be some kinda limit to how lame the song can be, and I'm taking some initiative and saying certain things just don't make it to a vote. This still includes J-Rock/Pop.

EDIT: Here's a combo, remarkable not so much for being hard as for being really damaging:

Vs. Eddie, mid-screen:

Air CH 6H, Kokuu (FRC), j.D, 623D, 623H, 2S, j.D, 623H, Byakuerenshou (309 damage)

I'm trying some other stuff with air CH 6H as well.

Yeah, let's definitely use that.

Hey, is anyone opposed to 65daysofstatic for music? I was thinking of "Retreat! Retreat!" or "Mean Low Water"

I'm only in here because I am completely bored out of my mind but I wanted to say that 65dos would be awesome in a combo vid.

I'm fine with saying "no more combos." That appeals to me. I'd also support 65daysofstatic.

Just a favourite. That or I Swallowed Hard, Like I Understood (lol gay jokes). but yeah i have nothing useful to add here so i'll be leaving now :v:

65daysofstatic but no mention of Await Rescue?

Screw you Alex :psyduck:

I haven't really heard much 65daysofstatic before listening around just to get a feel of them after Alex brought them up. But, I have to say that out of all the songs I've heard so far, Await Rescue feels the most awesome.

I am very interested in seeing a sequence wherein Eddie uses Shadow Gallery and Axl clashes with 5P, Eddie cancels to FD and holds it, Axl flies up with Raiei H, FRCs it as he hits the ground as Eddie does Shadow Gallery from offscreen, Axl clashes with 5P, and this repeats until one side or the other runs out of tension.